Diablo® III

Unsupported 16-bit Application

When I try to launch the installer via my hard copy I get this popup.

"The program or feature "\C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Client\BlizzardLauncher.1506\Blizzard Launcher.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatability with 64-bit versions of windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if 64-bit Windows compatible version is available."

Then the game closes promptly afterwards. Any ideas anybody?
Reply Quote
Have the same problem. Even with the downloaded client.
Reply Quote
Yes I've tried the downloaded client as well and I still get the same error message.
Reply Quote
Any luck anybody?
Reply Quote
i've got the same problem. downloaded the enGB client. it took about 7 hours, the download was never interrupted and everything went smooth. until the setup launched automatically, then i got the "unsupported 16bit application" error. i have windows 7 64bit.
Edited by teed#2115 on 5/15/2012 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i just found this resolved thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926494466
how nice of google to spit out the unresolved one first ...
anyway, wasn't able to try the solution yet but i'm very confident it will solve the problem.

EDIT: yes, that seems to get rid of the 16bit unsupported application error, indeed. i'm able to install now!
Edited by teed#2115 on 5/16/2012 12:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]