Diablo® III

setup.exe stuck

86 Blood Elf Priest
I run the setup.exe and it goes into updating setup files, and just sort of hangs.
Then cycles over and over.

I saw the sticky post, about checking Windows Service for Secondary Logon is enabled. The service is enabled and set to manual start. But this not fix the issue. Any thought?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
does anyone have any solutions for this>
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926494150 Lots of possible fixes in this thread.

Im not sure if this was already posted in there, but this is what I did.

For Win7/Vista

Run the installer as Administrator until it hangs.

Go to c:/Program Data/Battle.net/Agent and leave the folder open.

Press CTRL+ATL+DELETE and select Task Manager

Click the Processes tab and select Agent32.exe and end process

Go back to the agent folder and right click run as Administrator on Agent32.exe

It should install and launch the launcher within a few seconds.

Goodluck!
Edited by RogueSynapse#1639 on 5/15/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
How do you run it in administrator mode. kind of lost with computers...
Reply Quote
With windows 7 or Vista, Right Click the file and select "Run as Administrator"
Reply Quote
no file exsists when i do this how do u run the agent thing u got there off the computer
Reply Quote
95 Human Warlock
@Brightboy, all you have to do is right click on the thing you want to run, so the diablo setup, and then click on the administrator button, it will have a picture of a shield by it.
Oh by the way, I am having problems with the agent error. I have tried pretty much every solution to every problem I have, and nothing has worked. RogueSynapse, I tried everything you said to do, also I have done the Secondary Logon or w/e it is, I have done a disk check, system repair, and all that stuff. Your solution seems to be helping me, it didn't hang on updating setup files, but it hung on Loading Blizzard Launcher, and then crashed there. Is anyone else getting that far? If so, and you know a solution, please post it!
Reply Quote
Make sure the diablo setup didn't start another agent.exe, if it does, end it's process.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]