Diablo® III

Installer Checking for Updates..

I bought the CE, have the disc and I can't freaking install the game.

All the installer says is Checking For Updates...... FOREVER.

it's a physical disc, with the entire installer in it, WHY DOES IT NEED UPDATES!!!??
Can't the game just patch AFTER ITS DONE installing? Like Starcraft 2?

I've spent half the day waiting, for some sort of response to errors faced by others, no response. Because I bought the physical copy I wasn't given a chance to pre-download the game, and the "apparent" solution was for me to BUY a digital copy and then I'll be credited later once I register my CE. Great, this is how the CE customers are treated. I patiently waited for:
1) The disc
2) THE DISC'S Installer to UPDATE
3) Any form of comment to a solution.

It's been half a day and I felt like I got a slap to my face from Blizzard
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Bought a physical copy this afternoon. Been stuck "Updating setup files..." for 45min or so.

Windows 7 64
I've tried the cancel agent, delete battle.net, rinse and repeat and no luck so far... Although I am now updating to ~95% instead of ~70%.

It'll be worth it once we get in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA
Reply Quote
It's a CD, a physical CD with a full installer on it. Why does it even need to check for updates prior to installation? Such poor design. Starcraft 2 does a game patch after installation. At this rate I wouldn't even able to install the game I paid for and spent half the day waiting.

Yes i'm at the INSTALLATION STEP, and no response despite actually dedicated enough to buy a CE copy.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Hey this just worked for me. To scared to click install but I got past the updates.

Fix #1

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find “Secondary Logon”

Right Click > Properties

Change it from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Automatic’

Run your Diablo 3 setup as administrator and it should quickly go through Updating Setup Files and bring you to an install screen. Congratulations, your game now (hopefully) works! If this solved your issue, spread it around.
Reply Quote
I saw this solution a LONG time ago, and I wouldn't have posted a new thread if it worked
Edited by leo158#1898 on 5/15/2012 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I apologize for trying to help you out. I hope your computer and grandmother light on fire. Good day. Time to play Diablo tres.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]