Diablo® III

Lost Achievements

From the Diablo III Restorations page:

"Achievement Restorations
Customer Support cannot award or alter achievements in Diablo III. If an achievement is not awarded and you feel that it should be, please attempt the achievement’s criteria again."

Seriously? Does this mean that they won't be restoring our lost achievements?
No. that means that when you're trying to achieve something, but the achievement didn't pop for some reason, you can't ask them to give you, since they can't guarantee if it's their fault that you didn't get it

the case at hand is different, we already had achieved the criteria, however, the achievements were lost, so they HAVE to restore it to mantain the integrity of the game
I think it's important that, through all this difficulty, we keep things in perspective. I've been waiting for this game for a decade. I played Diablo I and Diablo II, and I understand the frustration over all of this. However, I still LOVE Blizzard games. In terms of pure game play, they are (in my opinion) the absolute best. This game is a blast to play, and I'm so thankful and so excited for it's release... finally.
85 Orc Hunter
Kew
Bump.

I've lost everything through Act 3.

Awesome.
05/16/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Wevah

Same.

Ditto.

Uhhh, no. A lot of people are already well into the game. How would that be fair to them? An account wipe should never be an option. You know what should be an option? Blizzard doing their f***ing job.
85 Goblin Warlock
05/16/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Skav
Also I can't edit my banner ever since this problem because it's probably a related thing.

Figured this might be the case, since you unlock banner parts for achievements. Once those are gone, your banner is probably in a weird state of limbo.
05/16/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Darkjoy
So, how bout an update, yeah?

^This!

We didn't had an update on that for like what now?10-15 hours!?

What the eff is going on Blizzard?People wanna play and we don't wanna play with your achievements completely broken!
Edited by sirius89#2221 on 5/16/2012 8:08 AM PDT
05/16/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Skav
I think it's important that, through all this difficulty, we keep things in perspective. I've been waiting for this game for a decade. I played Diablo I and Diablo II, and I understand the frustration over all of this. However, I still LOVE Blizzard games. In terms of pure game play, they are (in my opinion) the absolute best. This game is a blast to play, and I'm so thankful and so excited for it's release... finally.

No one is disagreeing with that (at least I'm not). I actually love the game and I want to play.

But I can't because we've been in the dark about this issue since yesterday and it doesn't look like we will know anything soon either.

Just because the achievement system is buggy, doesn't mean we can't play... I understand your reluctance, but I personally won't go that far. I played this morning, knowing that my achievements were gone, and still loved (almost) every minute of it. I'm just saying, some people have been screaming at Blizzard on here - these forums attract all kinds of nasty, bad behavior and the bottom line still is: Blizzard makes unbelievably good games. I know buggy launches happen, and I know this one is pretty bad, but still... let's just keep them informed, keep pressing them for answers, but let's not get way too worked up over it. People have been saying things like "I'm never buying another Blizzard product," etc. and that's just ridiculous.

Ditto.

Uhhh, no. A lot of people are already well into the game. How would that be fair to them? An account wipe should never be an option. You know what should be an option? Blizzard doing their f***ing job.

The account wipe would be for those that want one.

The account wipe would be for those that want one.

Understood, but if an account wipe is the ONLY WAY to get those achievements back, there's going to be widespread and brutal backlash.
Id really like an update on this as well.
Yeah logged in this morn to find I had lost even more achievements that I had earned after the first loss... What is the deal here? now it says I havent even beat the Larder... and he was the last boss I killed.
Bump.

Couldn't agree more!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]