Diablo® III

Lost Achievements

05/16/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Skav
No one in that thread is saying that is happening to them either so I think it was just a 'lets make something up to hold them over' post.

Honestly that's all we've been getting at the moment.

"We're working on a solution."

That can be interpreted many ways. Not once have they right out said there IS a solution and they just have to implement it. No, they're working on A solution.

A solution could be to reset all achievements. It's a poor one but it is a solution.

I think they don't know if they CAN fix it. Honestly all the responses so far have only seemed like the prelude to some bad news. They have not once yet said right out that it can be fixed or that there is a known way to handle this.

Well, that GM said that the achievements weren't deleted, that they were only lagging, in a sense. If they come out and say that they were DELETED, I hope someone screen-shotted their response so they can be told to f*** themselves. That GM has already assured us that our achievements are there, even if they're not showing up. If Blizzard comes out saying something different, it will only prove that this GM was lying, which in turn causes all sorts of problems for them.
You can't even reget some achievements. Level up the blacksmith does not get rewards for anything after level 1 to 2. There are others that you cannot reget no matter what you try. Making a new character doesn't work because they are account bound.

I just leveled the blacksmith from level 3 to level 6, and no achievement. I got the level 5 achievement, but not the initial "level up the blacksmith" achievement.
Edited by Tyrindor#1119 on 5/16/2012 8:45 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
I have completed achievements multiple times i think there should be a achievement for that :)

Exactly.

Achievements might not seem like big deal, but they kind of are. They are essentially a progress meter and it makes me feel left out when I don't have the same progress my friends have, even though I did the work for it. That's just not fair.

It's enough to make me wait to play. I'm not saying boycott Blizzard I love the game I want to enjoy it. But yeah it is frustrating when people like me book time off work and bypass other events in order to enjoy the game that they were told was going to be available.

Again, not saying I hate Blizzard, but this issue for sure deserves some type of explanation. That's all I want!

The point of this thread should be to get their attention and get a response, because we haven't got a good one yet.

I agree completely, that's another reason why i think we should tweet them at @BlizzardCS They have been responding to people pretty rapidly on there. If we want an answer or a small amount of reassurance, that is probably our best bet right now.

I would do it if I used twitter. Someone with a twitter account please do this.
Lost everything from last night too.
I have also rolled through act 1 only to find that my achievements were missing. All of the explored areas on the map were also gone and "fogged over".
05/16/2012 08:38 AMPosted by GVict

Honestly that's all we've been getting at the moment.

"We're working on a solution."

That can be interpreted many ways. Not once have they right out said there IS a solution and they just have to implement it. No, they're working on A solution.

A solution could be to reset all achievements. It's a poor one but it is a solution.

I think they don't know if they CAN fix it. Honestly all the responses so far have only seemed like the prelude to some bad news. They have not once yet said right out that it can be fixed or that there is a known way to handle this.

Well, that GM said that the achievements weren't deleted, that they were only lagging, in a sense. If they come out and say that they were DELETED, I hope someone screen-shotted their response so they can be told to f*** themselves. That GM has already assured us that our achievements are there, even if they're not showing up. If Blizzard comes out saying something different, it will only prove that this GM was lying, which in turn causes all sorts of problems for them.

If the Achievements were actually stored on the server, it wouldn't let us reobtain them really. We can 'overwrite' them right now, which makes no sense. If we can get 'new' achievements over the old ones, the old ones should be available as well in the first place. Clearly they are not being loaded, because they simply do not exist on the server until we reobtain them. So that GM is wrong with his assumption that it's just 'lag'.
Also a victim of this issue and the map fog problem. I don't mind playing over to get renewable achievements, but I've read something about a once per account one that can't be reattempted? I'd be really upset if I'd done that one by accident, had it wiped, and can't redo it. Now I'm wondering if I should be playing at all, given that I might stumble more into these 'one time only' things by accident and have my progress just lost with no solution from Blizzard available at the present time. I WANT to play, but not enough to loose once in a lifetime profile goodies!

And seriously, why isn't there a sticky thread on this? I had to do a bloody search for it.
The map being 'fogged over' is not a legitimate issue. That is the way Diablo games work. The maps do not stay 100% the same - the edges remain as they are, but the interiors are randomized. I still can't believe there are so many people who think that is an actual bug.
Edited by ShadowPulse#1834 on 5/16/2012 9:10 AM PDT
For me this is a game breaking bug.
I will not play this game for an minute until this is fixed.
And no feedback from Bliz is not helpful at all.

It is so §&§$"§§% annoying!
Please tell us if this is going to be Fixed!!
areas are fogget because map are randomly generated...its not a bug unless you're talking about something else.
they said the achiev were only lagging. Maybe that was the truth when this answer come out, but since I get again some of the them with the current date, I suppose is no more the case.
If they were only lagging I should be unable to do them again.
So, lets see...
Edited by SirBigmark#2202 on 5/16/2012 9:27 AM PDT
Achievements lagging, that's retarded, what does that even mean? How can one or two achievements be "lagging"? I doubt they know what the problem is.
same issue here.
I'm pretty sure there is an easier and better solution than an optional account wipe...
They have our progess on their server, they can just build a check that when you (for example) build an item at the blacksmith give you the achievment if you already don't have it.
There are a lot of ways, account wipe its just LOL

+1

Should be pretty trivial to fix. We want our achievements (back). Blizzard, make it so!
Has anyone sent a tweet yet?
So was there any news overnight about this?

I'm a level 32 hardcore barb without the level 10 20 or 30 achievements.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]