Diablo® III

Lost Achievements

The lack of news likely means that the technical team is still hard at work digging out the roots of the problem and looking for the lost achievements. Community managers likely aren't technical people, so they couldn't help solving the problem anyway. What would you like them to do, post the same "still working on it" every hour?

We have communicated multiple times that we are aware of the Achievement issues and are still investigating. When we have more information to share, we will. Lack of updates does not mean we've forgotten about it.

My question is this.

How did a "connection Error" that likely dealt with routing, ports, and port forwarding and such, in which some people were having 0 trouble connecting and playing durring (me and a friend of mine for instance), have anything at all to do with 'achievements' ?

How in the world would tinkering with a 'login' system suddenly wipe ALL the progress players had made up to the point when you finaly restarted B.net after pulling the plug on everyone?

Some people were having issues connecting, but alot of us were not. Its almost as if someone at Blizzard decided to just 'punish' those that 'could' connect, by erasing all of our achievements so that we'd be "even" with those that couldnt get on for whatever reason after the 3-4 reboots of b.net and the tinkering with the login servers.

So, again.. how is the 'achievement' system somehow tied into the 'login' system?
Edited by Rhapsody#1432 on 5/16/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Community Manager

are you guys going to just throw in the towel on whats already been lost, or can we re-earn the 1 time achievements that are currently unavailable forever to us?

i would be really sad if two days into the game I already have a handful of achievements i can never get

We're still determining a variety of things in this regard. I can't answer this any more specifically for you though right now. We are working on an answer though.
Well, it's not what I would like to hear, but thank you for at least posting something.
2 Troll Warrior
05/16/2012 10:32 AMPosted by SEGFAULT
Well, it's not what I would like to hear, but thank you for at least posting something.

This. The fact you guys touch base with us once in a while on things like this, even without a definitive answer, sets you guys apart from other companies.
But this will not help us at all.
I want to play but cant du to the risk to loose all one time achievements.
And have to do everything again to get the achievements.

But hey, so the login servers are geting a rest.
Edited by MaSc#2229 on 5/16/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Well, we got an update :P

No, not the "still working on it" every hour, but we're not playing because we don't know what will happen. Whein we regain achievements we once had will they overwrite our old ones? How abou progress for those long achievements? Will there be a merge when things are corrected or will we just roll back in time?

I have nothing against they playing the game, I also think they SHOULD be playing in order to know what we're talking about. It's just kinda lame to see blues posting on random chit chat threads of "what class are you playing" instead of giving updates to us that are not playing because of the achievement system or to people that lost their characters or even people that can't even log in the game...

For real? On my part it seems that due to some internal policy or any other thing everyone from Blizzard is overzealous of what they will post on threads about issues with the game, so we don't get as much updates as we would like to and feel like we're being kept in the dark.
So still no ETA? I am sitting here just refeshing the forums and checking the game waiting for the problem to be fixed. Is it going to be days or hours?
05/16/2012 10:32 AMPosted by SEGFAULT

He didn't answer anything. He just said, as many before him have, that "they're working on it." I'm no computer expert, but by now I'm sure they know what the problem is. Don't they realize that by not coming out with what's wrong right away will only cause more harm than good if it is deemed that the achievements cannot be returned? Jesus, it's just common sense.
05/16/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Tolwin
So still no ETA? I am sitting here just refeshing the forums and checking the game waiting for the problem to be fixed. Is it going to be days or hours?

wow people really take their achievements seriously heh? Not that im judging but i would rather be playing the game than waiting here for blizzard to retrive some achievements...
I totally agree. If achievements that were lost can not be returned, I am FINE with that! However, I would like my account reset so I can re-earn them correctly.

We're still determining a variety of things in this regard. I can't answer this any more specifically for you though right now. We are working on an answer though.

What scared me is the "We're still determining a variety of things in this regard" when it comes to one-time achievements. It sounds like they know they are gone for good and trying to determine the best way to break the news. If this is the case, just give the player base the option to totally reset the account right now so we can at least start playing while you come up with a patch to grant the achievement to people that don't want to lose their character.
you can call me OCD but i'd rather not play if there are achievements I can never get. I'd just try to reset my account or buy another copy and wait until they fix the problem.

thats just my crazy obsession here. if the best i can do is 98% i would rather not try :P

Same thing with me. I wanna play the game because from what I experienced it is great, but I can't play it because a huge part of me won't accept getting reset all the time or not knowing what will happen with the achievements.
I can wait for this fix, no real need to rush and do a sloppy patch.

Certainly need a fix eventually as some of the achievements require replaying the same class from scratch to get it.

My higher priority fix request is the sudden disconnection in the middle of game, which basically resets your dungeon progress ( The later ACT dungeons are huge and long).
05/16/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Dallas

wow people really take their achievements seriously heh? Not that im judging but i would rather be playing the game than waiting here for blizzard to retrive some achievements...

you can call me OCD but i'd rather not play if there are achievements I can never get. I'd just try to reset my account or buy another copy and wait until they fix the problem.

thats just my crazy obsession here. if the best i can do is 98% i would rather not try :P

I feel the same way! Will I ever earn all the achievements? I doubt it, but I want to make sure that the ones I have earned will be returned so my list of achievements is not messed up. I do not want to play and earn the lvl 20 achievement without having the lvl 10 achievement.

A simple total account reset would be great so that we could at least start playing.

are you guys going to just throw in the towel on whats already been lost, or can we re-earn the 1 time achievements that are currently unavailable forever to us?

i would be really sad if two days into the game I already have a handful of achievements i can never get

I will personally apologize for being a bit of an ahole however when we got a blue post last night trying to calm everyone down by claiming that the Community was working on getting an official post out and that never materialized we only had our selves to talk amoungst. With no blizz input at all we just have to keep guessing and hoping that we will soon be able to play the game as intended.

I'm signing off of this for now, gonna just stick D3 on the proverbial digital shelf and try it again later when you have FINISHED making the game, right now tho please understand that many of us consider this game unfinished.
90 Tauren Hunter
05/16/2012 10:36 AMPosted by OhhC

well for some people, such as myself, would like to keep their achievements due to some of the unlocks they provide. and if we can't keep these unlocks that make the game slightly more interesting, then all we have is word of mouth that "hey I did that" but no proof to show for it.
I totally agree. If achievements that were lost can not be returned, I am FINE with that! However, I would like my account reset so I can re-earn them correctly.

What scared me is the "We're still determining a variety of things in this regard" when it comes to one-time achievements. It sounds like they know they are gone for good and trying to determine the best way to break the news. If this is the case, just give the player base the option to totally reset the account right now so we can at least start playing while you come up with a patch to grant the achievement to people that don't want to lose their character.

I don't think it's that. Since the problem is still happening and it doesn't seem to be triggered by some special condition (like a server shut down or a disconnection in the middle of play), data is just simply being lost and sometimes appearing later on, I think they are still investigating what the hell is causing it. If it was just a matter of "the achievements you lost are screwed, we're figuring out what to do" the problem would not be still happening now.

I don't think it's that. Since the problem is still happening and it doesn't seem to be triggered by some special condition (like a server shut down or a disconnection in the middle of play), data is just simply being lost and sometimes appearing later on, I think they are still investigating what the hell is causing it. If it was just a matter of "the achievements you lost are screwed, we're figuring out what to do" the problem would not be still happening now.

Oh, I thought the achievement issues where fixed and it was just the lost ones that are the problem. I was not aware that people are STILL losing achievements that they are earning after this mess of a launch. Even more of a reason not to play right now.
New Feat of Strength: Level up the blacksmith.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]