Diablo® III

Lost Achievements

@Dallas and Tolwin: I feel the same!
I'm pretty sure achievements are a plague and made by Diablo himself.
But when they are there I want all or none of them. But this is a mess!
Edited by MaSc#2229 on 5/16/2012 10:52 AM PDT

I don't think it's that. Since the problem is still happening and it doesn't seem to be triggered by some special condition (like a server shut down or a disconnection in the middle of play), data is just simply being lost and sometimes appearing later on, I think they are still investigating what the hell is causing it. If it was just a matter of "the achievements you lost are screwed, we're figuring out what to do" the problem would not be still happening now.

Oh, I thought the achievement issues where fixed and it was just the lost ones that are the problem. I was not aware that people are STILL losing achievements that they are earning after this mess of a launch. Even more of a reason not to play right now.

Yes, some people have stated here that they lost the same achievements two or three times already. If the issue was fixed, I would be almost killing for just an account wipe so I could start over and would not care at all about what was lost.

But as someone here already said (I think it was you) it bothers me greatly to think that if I keep playing I might have the level 20 achievement and no level 10 or have the lv 10 one with a later timestamp...
Edited by SiegfriedX#1501 on 5/16/2012 10:51 AM PDT
Are people still losing achievements currently, as in today?
Edited by SEGFAULT#1354 on 5/16/2012 10:50 AM PDT
80 Undead Rogue
05/15/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Zarhym
We're working on providing an update regarding issues with achievements. Please stay tuned.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150105130?page=1

can u do something for help?
Oh, I thought the achievement issues where fixed and it was just the lost ones that are the problem. I was not aware that people are STILL losing achievements that they are earning after this mess of a launch. Even more of a reason not to play right now.

Yea if you are at all interesting in achievements then DO NOT PLAY right now. Wait for them to figure all this out or at least give us official word on what they plan on doing. That being said at the rate Blizz is moving on this it might be a few days maybe even next week before alot of us are able to start playing again.
05/16/2012 10:50 AMPosted by SEGFAULT
Are people still losing achievements currently, as in today?

It sounds like they are.
Yes, we are still losing achievements as well as banners unlocked :(
05/16/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Nethaera

Interisting how the community managers are just playing the game while we cannot because we're waiting from answers on their part...

Well, the best way to experience what the community is experiencing is to install and play. I do that on my lunch (if I can) and after work. That doesn't leave me as much time as I'd like. You'll also note that we've been communicating on our end the whole time on a variety of issues. We'll continue to do so as well as we have information to share. So, no, we're not "just playing the game". I'm looking forward to the weekend in the hope that I will be able to do just that though. ;)

We have communicated multiple times that we are aware of the Achievement issues and are still investigating. When we have more information to share, we will. Lack of updates does not mean we've forgotten about it.

Thanks for the update. Even if you have nothing its good to know we are still loved sometimes :)
Why do I get the feeling this won't be resolved soon, and we will be stuck with half broken achievements which we can't repair or redo.

GG Blizz.
Just wipe my account.
05/16/2012 10:59 AMPosted by SEGFAULT
Just wipe my account.

From what I have been reading, that still won't fix the problem since the achievements are STILL being lost. I want an account wipe as well, but not until they fix the problems with achievements just disappearing.
all i want is a response along the lines of

'we will not screw over people who lost 1-time only achievements such as blacksmith that they can no longer re-earn. it may take us months to restore them, but we will do it eventually'

IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK. i dont need a fix today. i just want to know that i can play this game without having to worry that i will never get certain achievements because i was stupid enough to play during the bugged out launch.

05/16/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Nethaera

Interisting how the community managers are just playing the game while we cannot because we're waiting from answers on their part...

Well, the best way to experience what the community is experiencing is to install and play. I do that on my lunch (if I can) and after work. That doesn't leave me as much time as I'd like. You'll also note that we've been communicating on our end the whole time on a variety of issues. We'll continue to do so as well as we have information to share. So, no, we're not "just playing the game". I'm looking forward to the weekend in the hope that I will be able to do just that though. ;)

We have communicated multiple times that we are aware of the Achievement issues and are still investigating. When we have more information to share, we will. Lack of updates does not mean we've forgotten about it.

@Dallas I guess Nethaera's Post is not the answer you were looking for!

@Nethaera Lack of Updates on your part makes people think you are ignoring the issue! I find it amusing that you can tell us how you only play at Lunch time and after work. But can't give an update as to what or even if you know what is causing the issue.

Thanks for the update. Even if you have nothing its good to know we are still loved sometimes :)

You are not loved. None of us are loved. Posting something that essentially says nothing is a waste of a post and only serves to fuel the anger that already exists in the forums. I am of the opinion that, as many other suggested here, Blizzard already knows that there's nothing to be done and they are looking for the best way to tell everyone. If that is indeed the case... just how stupid did they think their playerbase was? Seriously? Does Blizzard really think that players aren't able to speculate (some with great accuracy) what's going on behind the scenes? All of these blue posts that essentially tell us the same thing are condescending in nature, because it seems as though they honestly believe that we're buying this BS.
05/16/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Nethaera
We're still determining a variety of things in this regard. I can't answer this any more specifically for you though right now. We are working on an answer though.

Is there a place that this has been officially announced or is there a bug list you can direct me to that shows current issues discovered/working on?
Is in the US tomorrow a holiday too?
If yes, I fear this wont be fixed until next week.
And all we who are pay attention on achievements will not be able to play at the long weekend.
Next US Holiday - May 28th. Nothing for tomorrow, that I know of.
Im still playing... even though the achievements are 100% fubar'd.

Though i still want ot know how the LOGIN issues, effected a STAT (as thats basicaly what achievements are) for accounts.

Since when has resetting a router (for all intent and purposes) formatted a hard-drive?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]