Diablo® III

Lost Achievements

For everyone having problems with have completed achievements that they are unable to do. Mymy current temporary work around to this problem is to create a Hardcore character as they are seperate from your normal characters. Doing so should allow you to do such achievements as recruit/ level blacksmith and creature logs. I understand that some people may already have hardcore characters but I found this to be helpful until Blizzard is able to find a solution
90 Dwarf Hunter
My plan is not to logout ever
05/16/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Minko
My plan is not to logout ever

Too bad you will be disconnected eventually.
Im still playing... even though the achievements are 100% fubar'd.

Though i still want ot know how the LOGIN issues, effected a STAT (as thats basicaly what achievements are) for accounts.

Since when has resetting a router (for all intent and purposes) formatted a hard-drive?

For whatever reason, perhaps they don't save the data until you log out. Thus it sits on cyber space until the information is saved at log out... So it's like crashing out of a microsoft application. Your document did not get saved and even if it did, it's only part of it from the last 'auto save' point.
05/16/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Death
For everyone having problems with have completed achievements that they are unable to do. Mymy current temporary work around to this problem is to create a Hardcore character as they are seperate from your normal characters. Doing so should allow you to do such achievements as recruit/ level blacksmith and creature logs. I understand that some people may already have hardcore characters but I found this to be helpful until Blizzard is able to find a solution

But as long as achievements are still getting lost I strongly do not recommend to do that. Because so you will propably loos your last chance to unbug your account.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Upon logging in today, found all my achievements gone...

Though i still want ot know how the LOGIN issues, effected a STAT (as thats basicaly what achievements are) for accounts.

Since when has resetting a router (for all intent and purposes) formatted a hard-drive?

For whatever reason, perhaps they don't save the data until you log out. Thus it sits on cyber space until the information is saved at log out... So it's like crashing out of a microsoft application. Your document did not get saved and even if it did, it's only part of it from the last 'auto save' point.

If that turns out to be how they are running that system well then they deserve the issues we are seeing now. I really hope they don't try to do a reset and have everyone try and re-earn everything. All the information is there and I really don't care if they have to pay someone to sort though everyone's achievements one at a time account by account, it's their mistake they need to fix it.

Considering how much of the game they have on 'their' servers, i doubt this is one of the insainly 'few' things controled by our own comps. (as it'd let people tinker with files while playing to 'grant' themselves achievements.)

Though, the idea of it not 'saving' untill we log out might be close to the truth, and may be the cause of it. If those of us who were able to log in and play with 0 trouble, were playing the game but not 'actualy' connected to B-net, then all of the 'achievements/progress' we made would have been erased the moment we loged out of the game. But then, our physical progress (items, checkpionts, loot, quests) and such didnt get reset.. so why only the achievements?
I got the game yesterday installed and patched and everything worked fine no errors at all. Then, this morning I got on and played for 20 minutes or so still no errors and all my achievements still there and working perfectly... It sucks for the few that have problems, but I'm letting you guys know there is hope.
05/16/2012 11:29 AMPosted by LIfteex
It sucks for the few that have problems, but I'm letting you guys know there is hope.

More than "a few" people have problems.
I lost my achievements during their "maintenance" periods, and there hasn't been one of those today yet, at least to my knowledge.
I wasn't mad about server issues, because with a launch and player base this big that can be expected. However, deleting content that players have worked for is an entirely different issue.
05/16/2012 11:32 AMPosted by rkidd315
I wasn't mad about server issues, because with a launch and player base this big that can be expected. However, deleting content that players have worked for is an entirely different issue.

+1
Same here. I dont have my achievments :(
I had this issue, but now it has been fixed, my lost achievements are back.
Good job, Blizzard.
91 Night Elf Druid
05/16/2012 11:29 AMPosted by LIfteex
I got the game yesterday installed and patched and everything worked fine no errors at all. Then, this morning I got on and played for 20 minutes or so still no errors and all my achievements still there and working perfectly... It sucks for the few that have problems, but I'm letting you guys know there is hope.

Even if I get lucky and don't lose a single other achievement, there are still people who are losing them. This means the problem is still there and Blizzard is still working to fix it. It's possible that their solution might involve wiping all achievement progress for everyone, and if that's the case, I'd rather not risk spending time earning achievements that will be wiped anyway.
Good job, Blizzard.

That is a post I cannot believe? Anyone else?

I had some random achievements I had lost come back, but nothing close to everything, just one or two...
Good job, Blizzard.

Wait, really? Are they actively fixing this? I would assume they would say something...
@Pixel... Troll harder next time :>
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]