Diablo® III

Lost Achievements

Looking really bad
85 Tauren Warrior

I have been wondering the exact same thing. It would be nice for an update from Blizzard regarding the status of this.

Its not looking good lol. A blue responded to this matter not too long ago in the tech support section and now all of a sudden the thread has been deleted... Possibly just to clean up some of the clutter but I'm really not sure.

I wonder what they even can do at this point. I'm really worried that the progress I am making in game right now (after achievements were wiped out) will not be saved when/if they do fix this problem.

Lets hope for the best!
90 Dwarf Paladin
Can anyone answer me if you lose your achievements when you decide to go back and work on them? I was done with the Lich King part and decided to redo a few quests to get Gate crasher and a few others and it appears my previous ones are gone.
41 Undead Warlock
Heavy traffic messaging (such as servers handling requests for achievements for 2837462347 players at the same time) usually have very nice fail-safe mechanisms.

Even if the server dies at some point, the messages in the queue are saved on disk, or on database to be processed later.

They probably have a massive queue of built-up messages being processed, and will synch up everything later on.
Honestly, I think that the achievements are probably going to be lost. I'm curious what Blizzard will do in that case especially when it may effect the unlocking of tiered achievements.
Seems like the best thing for everyone to do tonight is give up and wait until tomorrow. Maybe everything will be better then.
View profile
Why is it that when I leveled to 17 with my friend, after I joined his game.

I did not earn ANY achievements, but he earned all of them?

Because it seems some people are affected, and others aren't. For example, Everyone else I know is having no problems with their achievements showing, and yet my achievements won't show up at all.
I exist!
Heavy traffic messaging (such as servers handling requests for achievements for 2837462347 players at the same time) usually have very nice fail-safe mechanisms.

Even if the server dies at some point, the messages in the queue are saved on disk, or on database to be processed later.

They probably have a massive queue of built-up messages being processed, and will synch up everything later on.

That would be a smart move! Let's hope you're right! I don't mind redoing the achievements, it's just a shame at all that time lost.
89 Undead Mage
well it sucks but at least i'm not the only one.. hehe....logged back in after work and oddly enough had 3 achievements total... had more like 20 earlier today. Hopefully they get this working soon
90 Orc Death Knight
Well my some of my older achievements aren't showing but I can still get new ones! I also hit every event on my first toon except one and now all my acievements arre gone! I also got TONS of lore books; I mean loads! Blizzard had better fix this I will be extremely upset if they don't!
90 Undead Death Knight

How is that working as intended? After the servers came back up, all of the areas I had previously explored are now fogged in.

First Diablo game? Every time you leave and start a new game all maps are randomly regenerated.

In diablo2 the maps stayed the same if you only played single-player. At least up until the point where you joined a multiplayer game (or reached nightmare). Since this Diablo has no plain single player, changing maps might be new for people who only played by themselves before.
Mine are gone too. Hopefully its just server que as they have stated.
I must comment that i was having problems with losing my character from american server,but i 'm now finaly in my europe server and it works perfectly..I hope soo tha this time i will have my barbarian when i come back tomorow..
!@#$ the achievements fix the issue with agent and how about downloading through HTTP. I payed for the game and digital and a hard copy. I cant do anything for both. 120 dollars down the drain. Enjoy my money bastards.
Well, the main thing I'm worried about is if I beat The Butcher on NM but still don't have the Achievement from Normal, will I get both, or will it glitch and screw up, preventing me from ever getting the reard from Normal?
05/15/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Cyrlous
Well, the main thing I'm worried about is if I beat The Butcher on NM but still don't have the Achievement from Normal, will I get both, or will it glitch and screw up, preventing me from ever getting the reard from Normal?

you're going to be screwed
05/15/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Infinitekill
!@#$ the achievements fix the issue with agent and how about downloading through HTTP. I payed for the game and digital and a hard copy. I cant do anything for both. 120 dollars down the drain. Enjoy my money bastards.

That's an issue for another thread.

On topic: Still don't have any achievements on my level 15 hunter which isn't a huge deal but hopefully you get it fixed, since everything is server side and it tracks all progress i assume the issue can and will get fixed so i am not THAT worried.
thank you! i logged on after obtaining some random event achieves and they were gone :( i was saddened.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]