Diablo® III

Slowed performance/FPS Issues, Post HERE!

EDIT: The thread has reached it's post limit of 501 posts and still no word from anyone from blizzard. Starting a new thread at link below to continue this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150757305#1

So I finally got D3 installed and working.... kind of. I can play the game and it runs ok. nice and smooth for awhile then out of no where the performance just drops. I start moving really slowly, attacking slowly, just everything continue to be like 1/2 the speed it was.

I thought at first maybe my graphics are sat to high (which didn't make sense cause it was working fine a moment ago), so i throttled all the graphics to the lowest settings. Still this did not fix my issue. So frustrated and confused I restarted my computer, and made sure NOTHING else was running. Loaded just Diablo 3 up and it played fine again for about 10-20 min then BAM back to slow-mo.

I tried changing the resulotions, tried windowed and windowed-fullscreen. Nothing worked.

the only way to fix it when it does happen is to reboot completely and then gamble when I play cause anywhere from 5 min to 45min of playing and out of no where the game just starts to slug on me.

Dose anyone know the cause of this? It doesn't matter what I do, high graphics, low graphics, resolution, display mode. Nothing seems to recover it from this sluggish state and I am forced to reboot.. PLEASE HELP ME!

EDIT:

Things I think we can safely rule out:

GPU Over Heating
    and Latency
Edited by Blasphemy#1374 on 5/17/2012 9:04 PM PDT
same problem
same here, keep posting about it and keep these threads alive
A little Blizzard notice and feedback on this would be nice. At least a "We are investigating this issue."

christ dropped over 100$ on buying the game, snacks, energy drinks and everything else for the launch of this game. and it just seems to be one thing after another.
well..while i can play its fricken epic and no lag at all...just randomly sometimes have to restart....kinda annoying...
Same problem here; it's like the whole game world is made of molasses. Not able to find any information on it from a blue yet though.
Yes! I have this exact issue. My computer can run a game twice this demanding so its not the hardware. Something in the game is crashing the drivers I think. I have the latest drivers.

Blizz acknowledge this issue!
Yes! I have this exact issue. My computer can run a game twice this demanding so its not the hardware. Something in the game is crashing the drivers I think. I have the latest drivers.

Blizz acknowledge this issue!

Yes my machine isn't TOP OF THE LINE SUPER AWESOME but it can run games more intensive then this game.

WE NEED BLUE RESPONSE!
i would just like som reassurence that they plan to fix this
05/15/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Pippin
i would just like som reassurence that they plan to fix this

I agree... ANYTHING is better then nothing. Just let us know you are looking into this. It makes the game unplayable.
87 Draenei Shaman
ive got that slomo thing the entire time im playing. i herd that ATI GPU's are having problems with this game, but they also wouldent alow you to play at all. i have one and the only problem is slomo.

my rig
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Processor - AMD Athlon II X2 521 3.50GHz
Video - ATI Radeon HD 5450

HD Space - 2 tera
RAM - 10.00GB
time warner cable RR (avarage over 2 hour span 20down 1up)
Display set as 1600 x 900 dual screen
mine is intermittent, have a ticket open for about 15 hours now. still no response back. sigh
I finished the setup stage, try the game to see how it goes, then it showed up saying that I have some graphic issue, and the game might crash, but I can play, then it lag big time. I was wondering if this is my graphic issue or because of the server?
ok changing your physics option in video settings fixes it
05/15/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Ashrah
ive got that slomo thing the entire time im playing. i herd that ATI GPU's are having problems with this game, but they also wouldent alow you to play at all. i have one and the only problem is slomo.

Yeah like most of us have said. We can play, and it runs fine for 5-15min maybe a tiny bit longer then instant slow-mo.

I to have an ATI card. But if it's a hardware conflict blizzard should be able to deploy a patch to fix it realtively easy. One would think....

05/15/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Loren
mine is intermittent, have a ticket open for about 15 hours now. still no response back. sigh

It's Launch day, all hands are on deck, but your ticket could go un-answered for 2-3 days easy. But if you do get a response PLEASE post back here.
i did that
05/15/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Liger
ok changing your physics option in video settings fixes it

changing it to what?

Also I have messed with ALL the video settings and tried every combonation to fix it. I assure you if you changed physics and it worked for you, then you are lucky and are not having the same issue we all are.
Edited by Blasphemy#1374 on 5/15/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Same issue here.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Same issue here. Upgraded my ATI Radeon 3200 to a NVidia GT 220 1gb Ram. seemed to fix the issue for about 5 minutes of actual play time then....poof....takes me 10 minutes to run across new tristram. Enjoy the game folks, I will be waiting for the graphics cards fixes down the pipe.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]