Diablo® III

Video card running unusually hot

Specs:

Nvidia GTX 260 1.8GB RAM
Windows 7 Updated
1TB HDD
9GB RAM
Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz

I play a lot of PC games, okay, including many that require much more power than Diablo III seems to(Skyrim, Mass Effects, TF2, Portal, Borderlands, etc) - but despite that, Diablo III has a strict tendency to force my graphics card to max out its fan usage to keep the temp down.

I do have current drivers, including the newest 300.x beta driver. Either one seems to make little difference. I haven't dusted out the tower yet, but I'm about to.. though I suspect this is not the issue either.

I've also tried dropping Diablo III's settings down, which has surprisingly little effect. Whenever the game is up, it seems to be punishing my graphics card. This is not limited to or even related to 'high graphic' areas, like big fights. Even just looking at menus, my card will slowly run the fan faster and faster as the temp goes up.

TL;DR - Diablo III Memory Leak? IDK, but my card is running hot and it doesn't seem to be due to the game being too taxing, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]