Diablo® III

BLZPTS00007

After being stucked on "Updating setup files", my thirst for playing this long awaited game is now cruelly streched further with this error code BLZPTS00007. I tried all of the well thought solutions provided by Blizzard and the community, but none of them worked. I would appreciate to know if there is a new solution or if Blizzard is working on a major fix for the multiple problems.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
im stuck there two Makinnon well been stuck for about 20+ hours trying to even download the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Me too. I'm stuck there too for over 20 hours now.
Reply Quote
If your agent.exe program is never running in the task manager, you could have a messed up registry due to a virus. Check out
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution
for anything suspicious. I had a lot of "update.exe" "scanner.exe" "updater.exe" the virus made to keep anti-virus from running. One of them was "agent.exe", which meant the updater would never start, and the game wouldn't install.
Reply Quote
I tried, but no positive results.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Mackinnon
I tried, but no positive results.

Same here for me sadly
Reply Quote
What happens when you double click the agent executable? do you see a command prompt flash by quick?
Reply Quote
yes exactly, but it disappears shortly after
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I also have this problem... What can we do? Anyone resolved this?
Reply Quote
I don't understand why I'm affected by this problem, because I bought a physical copy. I thought the disc was suppose to have everything it needs to install the game.
Reply Quote
How do i open the d3 setup file to see agent.exe if I have a hard copy....?
Reply Quote
same problem. need help. I'm annoyed.
Reply Quote
"I opened up IE (I do not use it normally) and saw that Work Offline was ticked. I noticed in another thread an issue relating to this so enabled online mode again, then restarted the installer and it started perfectly with no issues, so one solution to add to the list."

I CANT BELIEVE THIS WORKED. TRY IT NOW. DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE, BUT IT WORKED.
Reply Quote
"I opened up IE (I do not use it normally) and saw that Work Offline was ticked. I noticed in another thread an issue relating to this so enabled online mode again, then restarted the installer and it started perfectly with no issues, so one solution to add to the list."

I CANT BELIEVE THIS WORKED. TRY IT NOW. DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE, BUT IT WORKED.

Confirmed
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Anymore Bright ideas?????????????
Reply Quote
I've tried literally everything. Including the work offline thing.
Reply Quote
i also suffered from this error. i have now reformatted my hard drive and re installed windows. although this is a dramatic step it has worked thus far plus i need to do it anyway. i am still updating windows. and have no virus protection on atm. but it made it past the error spot and made it to the instillation part where it told me i needed to update windows. so if you are capable of re installing windows. that seems to be working. DO NOT UPDATE TO A NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS. it is a waste of money as your other files and the files that affect the program are still there. i did a full wipe and reinstall. and so far it is working i will update once i am done updating vista to service pack 2. this may not work for everyone as many other promised solutions did not work for me. but if you are willing and capable try this and see if it does work it may or may not be worth it for some. luckly everythign i have is backed up.
Reply Quote
update on my fix. i t has worked after reformting i can now paly .
Reply Quote
I HAVE THE ANSWER!!! If anybody is still experiencing the error "bLZPTS00007" I know how to fix it and its confirmed. You have to go into your files and change agent to agent2. Heres how: 1) go to start 2) type in regedit into search 3) click on it and it will open a set of files 4) click on Hkey_local_machine 5) click software 6) click microsoft 7) click windows NT 8) click on image file execution options 9) then just scroll down to "agent" and right click it and select properties and change the name to "agent2" 10) close out of everything and run diablo 3. I would have never guessed this was the solution but it is. Now enjoy the game that you paid fulll price for. Like my post if it helped you out. Have fun guys give those demons hell ha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]