Diablo® III

"The game connection has been lost; your clie

Same question for Stiria :<

We are both connected wired. Through a Router, the same router.
I have played 5 hours in strike since the release, but today, the problem comes, and showed up constantly ..

Plzz blizzard!!

It sounds like the downtime that was hailed as the "service update" is what started these constant network disconnects for a bunch of people. I only played for a few minutes after that updated was released, but went through the entire game with no errors before it. Suddenly, after it's released, I get a torrent of these errors.

I don't even care if the error is on my end at this point, I just would like a response to figure out how to fix it.

Agreed, I would like a response from Blizzard as well for a potential fix, or at least a "we are aware of the issue and are looking into the source" or whatever.

Becuase This is stupid, I can't play anymore.

The interesting thing is, it's not a issue with my connection, because I have a roommate and we are playing together, and he hasn't been disconnected at all, but I've been disconnected randomly over 20 times in the past 2 hours. I can't play for more than 5 minutes without getting DC'd at this point. We are just roaming around Act 2 in Nightmare killing stuff waiting on a friend to get back and I'm the only one suffering the DC issue, he doesn't and we live in the same house.

Blizzard response or something please, this is making me very angry.

It must be something to do with out clients, it's the only thing that makes sense! I have to say I was completely shocked to find no repair tool or anyway of validating my game files within Diablo III
I made a new character and i don't get disconnected on that character at all. Must be something tied to the characters specifically. As i stated earlier, my brother who is playing 2 floors above me never got disconnected on his character at all. So it has nothing to do with the internet connection. Some type of file is getting tied to certain characters causing them to get booted from games constantly.

Some people should make new characters to help me test this theory.
Edited by BoneZone#1638 on 5/16/2012 3:21 PM PDT
80 Human Warrior
05/16/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Kira
your conspiracy is off-topic and won't help us solve the matter at hand :C

It's not a conspiracy, it's not a miracle cure to the situation, it's just the connection error issue. This post was not designed to say 'Blizzard Sucks' or 'Here is a miracle Cure' or anything like that. It is designed to address the issue growing of people loosing connection immediately when they log in or within a few minutes. It's all theory at what might be going on, not conspiracy.

If one wishes to respond to a post, be sure that adult maturity and knowledge is found first. I've been reading over every post made on the disconnection errors and have done my research on it. This 'issue' is much bigger then originally thought.
85 Gnome Rogue
I'm also having this issue.

Act 2 Nightmare, on the quest "The Black Soulstone"

Can join other games fine but this particular quest/difficulty causes me to disconnect
85 Dwarf Shaman
same problem... keep DCing right before the a checkpoint in nightmare act 3... i was perfectly fine for realeaase day though...
Edited by Aaronimal#1170 on 5/16/2012 3:28 PM PDT
It has nothing to do with the Act or the Quest, i get DC'd everywhere on my one character. However i made a new character which i do not get DC'd on.
ok when i plugged straight from modem to computer worked for 20 mins and now im disconnecting every 3-4 minutes or so. I have literally been trying to finish the last of act 2 for the past 24 hours or so.... :(
Complaining doesn't help at all. Blizzard has enough people complaining about them. I cannot say that trying to pin down a problem of a program you know nothing about is a much more effective approach, but it's still better than complaining.

As for Stiria, that kinda killed my hopes of changing to a cable connection and make it work x_x. I wonder about the operational systems of you and your friend? I have Win7.
It's some file tied to your characters that is causing the disconnect. Go make a new character and see if you get disconnected, I'm betting you won't.
I already tried that, BoneZone D; Didn't help much in both servers (and I have never experimented with the 'Asia' server)
Like many above, I also had no problems while playing on launch day. Today however I get disconnected from the server about every 5-10 minutes. I also noticed that most of my achievements have been reset and when I log in a few popup as completed. I wonder if the achievement problem is related to the battle.net disconnects or just another launch week problem.

***I would imagine in most cases this is NOT a user connection problem. Its very likely to be a blizz problem and not your computer so i wouldn't waste too much time attempting to "fix" your computer to get it to work.
bump, please solve this
Any answer from Bllizzard? Or you don't care as always?
DO SOMATING!!!!!!!
up
do something
Im having the same problem guys, I can be in the menu all day long, but when im in game whether its normal, nightmare, with friends, without friends i get booted about every 2-5mins. I can join back but then get booted again 2-5mins later. I reset my modem and router still doing same thing. I also looked up how to manually open the TCP ports on my modem and made sure there were open. It is still doing the same thing. I am not the only one having this problem after looking over this thread. I guess i'll go to bed and see if it is fixed when i wake up. NIGHT FELLAs.
DC againe, need help
Edited by Eristal#2669 on 5/16/2012 4:10 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]