Diablo® III

Video Card help

So i finally got off work, bought diablo3, fell like forever to install and when i finally pressed the play button.....ARGHHHHH......

it says my video card is not supported. My laptop specs are

Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
P8400 @2.26GHz
2.26 GHz, 3.45 GB of Ram
Mobil Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
149GB HD

so i am guessing that i got a crappy video card. I am currently installing it on my desktop and so hoping i can start playing. My laptop doesn't have any way to upgrade video card. I search for some external video cards but not sure whats a good not to expensive one to get.

Can anyone recommend a good external video card?
Reply Quote
Reason being you have literally no video card but you do it's integrated it's not made for gaming WHATSOEVER hate to be the bearer of bad news friend.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
if you give us your specs on your desktop we will probably be able to tell you if it will run it
Reply Quote
Ty for the help guys...yea i did some more research and Gcubin you are correct. i practically have no video card on my laptop...

second bad news...installed it on my 6month old dell desktop...."video card not compatible"

now i am pissed off...installed if on my wife's mac pro from 2008...worked with out problems...

wow microsoft sucks.

well at least now i can play...now i just have to butter up my wife with something so i can use her laptop to play a game that she doesn't want me to play...easy as pie.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
haha well it isn't microsoft that's the problem, it is the crappy integrated graphics chips dell and hp etc. put on their pre-built desktops
Reply Quote
Ummm... Microsoft isn't the issue the problem the $350.00 PC's are...
Edited by Moridin#1903 on 5/16/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
bah...but yea...i have been thinking of buying apple desktop for home anyway..
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/16/2012 11:28 AMPosted by DarkKnight
bah...but yea...i have been thinking of buying apple desktop for home anyway..

Even worse. :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Not only is your video card non existent in your laptop, your processor is barely going to keep up, and your ram is low. Build a Desktop for about 1000 bucks and you will be set for another 2 or 3 years with games that will come out too.

*EDIT* Apple desktops are nice (though overpriced imo). But keep in mind, lots of games have no availability on a MAC unless you run a mirror of Windows on it, which will impact performance.
Edited by Santent#1876 on 5/16/2012 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes, but im not really in the market to purchase a gaming computer...i barely play games...i used to play lineageII....and now Diablo3 is the next PC game that i am playing.

yes apple desktops are over priced but i have heard they are worth it...

If i do purchase a Mac, i was looking at specs with this one

2.5GHz Intel Core i5
1920 x 1080 resolution
4GB (two 2GB) memory
500GB hard drive1
ATI Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Apple desktops are not worth it. For the price you pay for one, you can buy a significantly more powerful PC.
Reply Quote
Apple makes great hardware, but you pay a premium for style/design.

A common misconception is that Apple computers are better than PCs. The fact is that there are only a handful of models available at any one time, and they all have relatively high end components (though notably not top of the line).

If you select any PC that is priced equally to an Apple computer, you will find comparable stats, and often better performance on the PC.

If you plan on upgrading in the future, keep in mind that this is almost impossible to do with Apple hardware. Also, repairs must go through the Apple store. It is also worth noting that the hard drive in an Imac is located behind the screen... If/when the HD fails, the only way to replace it is to dig out the LCD panel, which is an ugly procedure.
Reply Quote
Just build your own computer for like $800. I built a gaming and audio production rig rather than pick from some prefab lineup from Dell, HP, etc. You get all the stuff you need, and it will grow with you. If you need a new graphics card, you can just install a new one, etc.

Apple doesn't give you that luxury. You pay $1,400 for a computer and you're stuck with what you get.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]