Diablo® III

Newer OS?

90 Human Paladin
I'm trying to install D3 and I got a message saying a newer OS is required which I don't quite understand since I have window's vista.

Anyone have any trouble shooting ideas?
Reply Quote
64 Human Mage
A lot of people are to be honest... A LOT but blizzard hasnt come forward with an actual ALL FIX... *Sigh*
Reply Quote
I'm having the exact same problem. I think the issue is: I'm running Vista SP1 instead of SP2.

The problem is, my laptop is one of those laptop that notoriously hard to install SP2 to. I've tried it 4 - 5 times, each with a different fix (update readiness tool, etc), but every time it reaches 100%, it will say: "Service Pack 2 Did Not Install, Reverting Changes"

I'm currently stumped and got not much time to spare (each SP2 install is about 1.5h). I just sent out a support ticket and I hope Blizzard can help me before weekend is here...
Edited by YeOldeMan on 5/16/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
If you have the option, try installing the game onto another PC, and transfer the diablo III folder onto your PC via an external device.

My roommate was having the same issue, and doing this resolved it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
what if we don't have another pc....has anyone figured out how to fix this problem
Reply Quote
For those of you who got Vista SP 1 or 2, the newest version to download is found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15278
I have SP 1, downloaded this and it works perfectly!

Been trying everything today, spent about 10 hours now on all kind of configurations and stuff, did not work any of them, just destroyed my computer. Please share this post in other threads if it works for you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]