Diablo® III

Game Of Thrones

85 Tauren Warrior
Does the author have a predicted date of completion for the (book) series?

I read the first book and enjoyed the crap out of it, and then found out that the series was incomplete so I stopped to wait until it's finished. Ever since the decades-spanning fiasco that has been Robert Jordan's work, I've had a hard time starting a series unless I know it's already finished or nearly so.
Reply Quote
60 Worgen Death Knight
05/16/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Zebulun
So what the heck was with book 4? Sure it didn't have all of the characters in the book, but it had most of them. I heard book 5 wasn't much better, so I'm reluctant to start reading that 1000 page behemoth. I really hope he gets his act together for the last two books.

Books four and five take place at the same time but in different places, hence why some characters were not in book four but were in five, talking about things you read about in book four as if it just happened. You only see the merge at the end of book five with Jamie, I think.

I wonder how they are going to do books four and five on camera.

I believe he still has a chapter of book six on his website. It was a good chapter. :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Why aren't the the two toad kids that help bran in the show at all? How can they completely leave them out of the show? they play a pretty big part of Bran's story.
Also, how can stanis sleep with millisandre? It goes against everything he believes in. He is all about honor and remaining true to his vows, he would never do such a thing and making it happen in the show seemed like just another excuse to show boobs.
Also, I prefer the way they handled Ayra's escape from harrenhall in the books better.

Those are my main gripes with the show, but I still think its a pretty good show but the book is a lot better.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Does the author have a predicted date of completion for the (book) series?

I read the first book and enjoyed the crap out of it, and then found out that the series was incomplete so I stopped to wait until it's finished. Ever since the decades-spanning fiasco that has been Robert Jordan's work, I've had a hard time starting a series unless I know it's already finished or nearly so.

There are two more planned books, Winds of Winter and Songs of Summer. Winds of winter should be coming out in one or two years so the series won't be done for a while. Might as well catch up now and enjoy it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
06/11/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Tryptophan
Also, how can stanis sleep with millisandre? It goes against everything he believes in. He is all about honor and remaining true to his vows, he would never do such a thing and making it happen in the show seemed like just another excuse to show boobs.

It's heavily implied in the books that Stannis and Mel dance the horizontal shadow-tango, as it were. Davos' chapter when he rows Mel under the passages of Storm's End when she gives birth to the shadowbaby, he recognizes the face of the shadow as someone he knows and trusts (most likely Stannis). She later makes the comment when he's locked up on Dragonstone that Stannis' fires burn too low to safely create another shadow, but someone younger and blossoming in the fires of virility (Davos) could easily make one with her.

Yes, Stannis is an honorable man (or at least more honorable than, say, Tywin or Robert). But he is also uncompromising, and above all, absolutely certain in his claim to the throne. A righteous man believing that he is doing the right thing can justify nearly any action for his cause. Stannis has a duty (not love) to his wife, but he has a greater duty to the realm. If Mel says she can give him what he wants for the sake of the Iron Throne, so be it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sad to see the show gone for almost a year.... Still got the books to keep my mind in Westeros!

And for those who haven't heard, a lot of the characters introduced in ACoK are going to be in season 3 now. They already announced the Reeds and the Tullys (Edmure and Blackfish) will be in season 3, as will Beric Dondarrion and... well here's the list: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/29/game-of-throne-season-3-cast/?
Edited by MedievalFan#1352 on 6/12/2012 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In season 2 the night's watch soldiers march out to investigate the "wilderlings"

Soon they arrive at a small village where one man is in charge. He has multiple women as his wives and he sacrifices every born boy to the creatures.

When Night Watch soldiers arrive, they all have to listen to the man who is in charge and deal with his bull!@#$, such as - "if you lay a hand on any of the women here, you will get that hand chopped off" or being kicked out from his inn after one of the night watch's guard finds out about man in charge doings (he takes a newborn baby and leaves him in the wilderness)

I really like the series, but this part was plain retarded to me. I mean, why would you take orders from some old dude when you have an army with you? It made no sense whatsoever. Night watch could have just easily killed the man in charge and bring justice to town. So why not do that?
Edited by Grimraven#1853 on 6/24/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Because "many a time his room and board have meant the difference between life and death for one of the men of the watch". Not an exact quote, but close enough.

It's like a lone gas station in the middle of the desert. You might not like the man who runs the station, and he might gouge you on price, but if you want gas you've got to do what he says. If you decide to kill him and take his gas you have gas this time, but in the future you'll never find gas there again.
Reply Quote
Opening sung by a cat >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEg4SEch27w
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]