Diablo® III

Stats question on Character Pane

100 Orc Rogue
I see where it says Damage and where it Says Dexterity. I know Dexterity is a % increase in your damage per point.

But does the number labeled "damage" take dexterity into account?

I ask because I was swapping rings, one I had was +3-6 damage. Other one had no damage on it but had +31 dexterity. The comparison said -13.7 damage and I was wondering if that was taking the increase in dexterity into account.

thanks!
Reply Quote
Yeh i wondered about the same. having a ring like lvl22 with 2-4 dmg on it. nothing else. wanted to change it to a new ring lvl31 or smth like that. With only Dex on it. Yeh, the stats said iw ould have lower DMG then. Kinda strange if you ask me. I keep the +DMG stat now.
Reply Quote
It's because the "damage" on your character screen is actually your dps. Getting +3-6 damage really helps when you have an AS over 1. Also dexterity needs something to augment. When you have 600 dexterity that gives you 600% increased damage, that makes that 3-6 one whole hell of a lot better. So what would you rather have, an additional 3-6 damage that is augmented by 600% or just add another 50% damage and forego your straight damage? That's why its better.
Reply Quote
+3-6 damage adds much more dps than +31 dex
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
so that DPS number does include effects of dexterity? Shaft is talking like it doesn't, but then other people are talking like it does.
Edited by PackOfHighly#1179 on 5/16/2012 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]