Diablo® III

Sheild or Vodoo? 1 Hand or 2 Hand?

Just curious what everyone else is using as equipment. Do you use a one handed weapon, 2 handed, a shield or a vodoo thingy?

Personally I've found that speed is everything so I try to get the fastest attack speed possible. I use a one handed sword with the highest attack speed I've found with a large shield. My strategy is to cast Grasp of the Dead, run into the mobs, Cast Soul Harvest, then spam Zombie Chargers.

I feel that if your using Soul Harvest, it makes more sense to have a high defense/armour sheild for protection when getting in close rather than being "naked" so to speak with a 2 handed weapon or even a vodoo thingy.

What works for you and why?
Reply Quote
depends on the situation and the boss etc....

sometimes u need pets to tank more, some time pets dont work etc...

have some variety to switch between just like ur skills
Reply Quote
I've been using mojos exclusively just for the damage. I've been stacking Intelligence, Vitality, and Life steal/regen as much as possible which makes me pretty tough to kill. It may be different if playing solo since I'd been playing with friends mostly. I currently have as much Life as the monk who's been tanking for us.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 12:35 PMPosted by mackster
I've been using mojos exclusively just for the damage. I've been stacking Intelligence, Vitality, and Life steal/regen as much as possible which makes me pretty tough to kill. It may be different if playing solo since I'd been playing with friends mostly. I currently have as much Life as the monk who's been tanking for us.

Agreed on the Mojos. If you can find a Mojo with an Intelligence boost, you're golden. Right now I am only level 21, so the abilities I have on are the Zombie Dogs with Infectious Bite, Sacrifice with Black Blood, Gargantuan, and of course Soul Harvest with Eat your Soul. My mouse buttons are Fire Bats with Vampire Bats, and my right click is Fire Bomb. With the Jungle perk and the blood Ritual perk, you can easily send your pets in, get off a Soul Harvest, spam Vampire bats, then lob Fire Bombs. Most things don't even touch me due to the life regen of Vampire Bats and the Blood Ritual. So long story short, I think that the Mojo and a Ceremonial knife that adds to your Mana and intelligence is key, as well as possibly getting a socketed Ceremonial knife.
Reply Quote
it really depends on the raw damage of the weapon and if you are having survivability issues. Pick up a shield if you can't stay out of the fight or monsters aren't dieing fast enough. If you're looking to increase damage output, choose the better damage weapon as intel is a percentage of that raw weapon damage added to your damage output. It's like godzilla said, this is a very situational question.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/16/2012 12:35 PMPosted by mackster

This seems to be the current best option for WD. They're tough as nails for a caster because of the life steal and regen and the tons of ways to slow enemies when you need to run away.
Reply Quote
I am basically using whatever I have that is best.

I found a 2 hander very high DPS, with lots of int on it, and two sockets, and added + damage gems to it.. and it is really kicking !@#.

I shoot a lot slower, but am getting 600-700 damage crits at lvl 23 without Souls. With 5 Souls, I'm critting about 1300-1400 at lvl 23. (With Fire Bats mind you)

Pretty mean damage.

Strat wise, I have Grasping Vines opener, run up, soul, then blast away with Fire bats until out of mana, then poison dart until mob dead.

Rinse and repeat. I've got Gargantuan as a tank, and haunt for elite mobs (and for life drain).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Once I unlocked Vampire Bats things really took off for me.

I'm using the spider queen for kicks and she doesn't seem to be that bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]