Diablo® III

Lost Achievements Part 2

05/16/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Dallas

Then just be patient while blizzard fixes the problem. They've acknowledged the problem, so it's only a matter of time. It's not like your blacksmith doesn't exist, so you can still use him and continue on.

Just go enjoy your game.

this prevents me from enjoying my game. i would rather go buy a new copy of diablo instead of continuing to play my abortion of an account. yes its stupid, but thats how it is.

its like if i got duelist in wow i'd rather just not arena at all, its gladiator or nothing

OCD FTL

Ha I feel you but yeah I would like a refund if I can't reset my account. I'd be willing to relevel my 12 to not have achievements that don't make chronological sense with the dates. Update would be fabulous.
05/16/2012 03:25 PMPosted by SEGFAULT
Shut up already about the just enjoy your game posts. Some people enjoy getting achievements, so they can't properly just enjoy their game. Your sense of enjoyment is not the same as everyone elses. It's not fun not knowing if/when I am going to lose my progress next.

Amen.
Aren't achievements account wide? More than one character would get you the BS achieve and any others once the fix, I'd say don't fret too hard.
Don't forget to click on the Request a sticky button at the top
05/16/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Contrition
Aren't achievements account wide? More than one character would get you the BS achieve and any others once the fix, I'd say don't fret too hard.

No, that's not true as was said many times earlier.
Good news a blue finally posted...about an old class choice page.
90 Pandaren Rogue
05/16/2012 03:25 PMPosted by SEGFAULT
Shut up already about the just enjoy your game posts. Some people enjoy getting achievements, so they can't properly just enjoy their game. Your sense of enjoyment is not the same as everyone elses. It's not fun not knowing if/when I am going to lose my progress next.

Look at my achievements on my wow account. They're pretty damn important to me. And I'd understand if it was some tough achievement that was lost due to a glitch. However, these are simple achievements that will be fixed. You can continue on in the knowledge that Blizzard is going to fix them.

Too many people were affected by this bug for them not to take action. Plus the main ones people are complaining about are simply a step in a long sequence of achievements. Of course you're going to get them restored, they just need to figure out how to fix the code.
no way for me to get smith / book achievments...pls fix it asap....you had 12 years for that
Community Manager
We're aware and looking into the issue, as well as evaluating the feasibility (or possibility) of granting any lost achievements. No one should be afraid to play their character, though, and we'll provide an update as soon as we have a formalized plan.
Edited by Bashiok on 5/16/2012 3:55 PM PDT
05/16/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Bashiok
We're aware and looking into the issue, as well as evaluating the feasibility (or possibility) of granting any lost achievements. No one should be afraid to play their character, though, and we'll provide an update as soon as we have a formalized plan.

I don't want gimped achievements that don't make chronlogical sense. Let me restart my account please or I will get a refund and a new key, just saves time.
this should calm the crowd
Yeah 90% of this community lost achievements that can't be earned again since they were already unlocked during our gameplay, a perfect example is the blacksmith and jeweler achievements.

If there are achievements that can be earned only one or two times and you are not sure if we'll get the lost achievements, how can you say it's safe to play??? That just sounded like more and more BS!
05/16/2012 04:00 PMPosted by KoZ
Yeah 90% of this community lost achievements that can't be earned again since they were already unlocked during our gameplay, a perfect example is the blacksmith and jeweler achievements.

and the lore books
05/16/2012 04:00 PMPosted by SiegfriedX

If there are achievements that can be earned only one or two times and you are not sure if we'll get the lost achievements, how can you say it's safe to play??? That just sounded like more and more BS!

Yes it sure is. No effective info. :(

I don't want to keep playing gaining more achievements and just losing them every time I log off. On top of that I don't want to have a level 20 achievement and no level 10, just bugs me. Thanks for the update though.
05/16/2012 03:57 PMPosted by LiquidSnake
Let me restart my account please

I'd be fine with that option. Let me reset my account, that is if they can guarantee the issue won't happen again.
I, myself, have had over 10 hours of co-op achievements lost, as well as the solo ones =\

Please find out what is happening!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]