Diablo® III

Diablo 3 has memory leaks issues, please read

09/07/2012 06:40 AMPosted by MysticalOS
However, this was done to appease some low end cards at good cards expense.

If you're referring to the 9400, it was listed as "supported". This wasn't a case of appeasement, it was playing catch up.

I'll agree though. More scaling options might be a better solution.
Reply Quote
That statement from MysticalOS doesn't make much sense to me. Sure that might be how it was implemented, but that shouldn't also forfeit on higher end cards. If anything, you are coding for a mid-high range then drop "eye-candy" as you drop down in supported hardware due to the capacity or speed of it. The 9400M is a very versatile card, but it is also very slow. It can support a lot of things, but it bottlenecks on processing them. In the end you have to drop some of the extra stuff to maintain a playable framerate.
Reply Quote
This is all well and good, but when my green free memory drops to 0 my FPS drops greatly.
Whatever the theory of inactive memory is, the real world performance sucks.
Reply Quote
This is all well and good, but when my green free memory drops to 0 my FPS drops greatly.
Whatever the theory of inactive memory is, the real world performance sucks.

Yes, that is because you are needing to either page memory or actively clear before you can page to memory. For me, I have only ever seen Diablo 3 take up 2GB at max of my 8GB total. I am able to run it alongside a 3-4GB virtual machine at the same time and see no adverse affects. HOWEVER, I do agree with you that framerate suffers when your have very little free memory left. Please try using the purge command in terminal while you are playing to see if that increases your performance by any degree. I am going to repeat this again, it isn't possible to track memory leaks via Activity Monitor. If you want to prove that memory leaks exist, then you need to use Instruments.app to profile it for leaks while you are playing.
Edited by DirkGently#1944 on 10/18/2012 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Now you're talking. Purge command cleared memory in just a few seconds and performance improves. Much faster than rebooting. It turns out that purge command is bugged in 10.8.1 which isn't a problem for me. There is FreeMemory App that also does the job.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 05:47 PMPosted by MercenaryTX
Now you're talking. Purge command cleared memory in just a few seconds and performance improves. Much faster than rebooting. It turns out that purge command is bugged in 10.8.1 which isn't a problem for me. There is FreeMemory App that also does the job.

yes that particular problem is fixed in 10.8.2.
Reply Quote
65 Gnome Death Knight
I get a memory error with Windows 8.1, i7 4500, 16GB Ram, 740M video with 2GB dedicated. The game sometimes stutters when I leave the game there is a message saying that my memory use is maxed and to exit the program. This is with Diablo 3
Reply Quote
OMG THIS IS INSANE

I WENT FROM HAVING 60 FPS TO HAVING 5! YES, F I V E.

GAME IS UNPLAYABLE WTFFFFFF FIX THIS NOWWWWWWWW
Reply Quote
There is Def. a memory leak. After about 3-30 min of game play i go from 500mb to 1gig of ram usage and then I experience a huge fps loss. I have done everything from Reinstall OS/Game, Completely remove video drivers and reinstalling them. Deleteing caches... and yet I still experience the same problems

specs:
gtx 780
32 gigs of ram
SSD Samsung evo

p.s I even turned off all OC
Edited by XPerienceD#1569 on 5/17/2014 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
That's doesn't mean it's a leak, longer game is open more that is cached. If your fps dropped it's likely another cause. Also, based on those specs I'm guessing you are playing on a windows based PC and might want to go to windows tech support forums as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]