Diablo® III

Followers, Boss Fights, and Quick Join

So last night I Quick Joined a friend's solo game and discovered that, since he was locked in a boss fight, I was not allowed to teleport to him using his banner. While waiting around town, I noticed the followers standing around chatting with one another, and it dawned on me that (A) his follower probably suddenly disappeared, and (B) the boss had suddenly just gotten somewhat stronger. He also complained about his pets despawning when the party formed.

I'd just like to confirm whether anyone else has noticed this. If so, some extra rules should probably be added to boss fights. If you're locked into a boss fight and someone joins your game, your follower should not leave until the fight unlocks, nor should the difficulty immediately ramp up. Either that or allow newly added players to immediately join the boss fight.
Reply Quote
I disagree with your point regarding entry to the boss; I think the current system is correct.

As for difficulty ramping, I'm fine with it eitherway.

However, you do have a very valid point regarding the follower disappearing during a boss fight. Since your friend cannot join you, the follower also should not disappear.

However, depending on how hard this is to implement, I think it would be extremely low priority
Reply Quote
Good point, I believe this will be addressed shortly considering it's a "why not" issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]