Diablo® III

Achievements lost during Bnet outage.

Several achievements earned during the Bnet issues on day 1 were awarded but not saved due to server communications issues. While some can be repeated and earned again, I have others that are now impossible.

The achievements relating to leveling up the Blacksmith and Jeweler, from what I can tell, are only awarded upon the first time they are leveled up. This was saved to the account, however the achievements were lost. Being these two crafting tables are account wide, there is no conceivable way to repeat the action to regain said achievements.

Is there any way to correct this problem?
Edited by Ehntals#1536 on 5/17/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The vast majority of players have the same problem. All we know currently is that they're supposedly looking into it and we may or may not get our Achievements back.
Reply Quote
While I personally cannot stand when players complain about a company's ability to program a game (I have tons of respect for the developers here.) It feels as if this oversight could have been caught. I understand that network outages were more than likely not factored in as an issue.

This being said, probably the best long term solution would be to add a line of code that awards any missing achievements that would have been earned prior to an achievement later in a chain that has already been earned. This would fix any issue with a one time marker such as the crafter leveling, specific gold collection or kill count markers.
Edited by Ehntals#1536 on 5/17/2012 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sure that's the easiest way! But there are other achievements, like the lorebooks, talks etc that may be lost forever.

Example: "Letter for Hedrig", the letter spawns in the box righ beside the crafter, but I can't make it spawn again even on a new char. When I open the box nothing is dropped, and it does not count for my achievement progression.
Reply Quote
Well there is obviously something in your game data that has recorded that item as already being opened and read. It would not be too difficult for the game to reference that data and fill in the gaps. It would just require a patch. It would, potentially, cause some extra lag though as the game would have to at some interval have the achievement system reference that data. Possibly on load up or a manual refresh would be the least intrusive. I am merely just thinking out loud here. I am sure that the devs will have a solid solution to this issue in due time. They are always looking to create the best gaming environment they can offer.
Reply Quote
Really frustrated still with no news. After rerolling another char its quite possible to pick up a lot of the achievements you lost including all the lore/kill stuff. One thing that is not possible however is the achievement and followups of acquiring the Jeweller and Blacksmith... These ones, the ones that are impossible to get again are the important ones and should be prioritised.

Look forward to hearing any news /Phat
Reply Quote
The big thread they had got moved to general. Now it is 404 erroring. So back to square one. No new info and deleting of old info.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Sugarbear
The big thread they had got moved to general. Now it is 404 erroring. So back to square one. No new info and deleting of old info.

Dumping in General isn't going to make the issue go away though, sweeping under the rug only works until the blobs start raising the carpet for all to see.

*blub blub*
Reply Quote
It would be nice if they at least updated the Known Issues list to include this, so we didn't get a new thread about it on an hourly basis.
Reply Quote
This is a bug. While it may not be a bug in actual gameplay, it is a bug in how the game relates to the network and the effects of that system. It does not belong in general.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I lost my "To the Smithy Achievement" during the outage and thus my Blacksmithing has not been leveling up to the system, I'm level 5 now but due to the lack of achievements and the game recognizing its that high, I cant disenchant to get the newer essences or collect the blacksmithing pages.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Saw this as well. I am currently using the banner awarded from the Butchered! achievement, yet.. it is now locked for me.. and my panel says that I have not completed Butchered!.

Surely this is "easily" fixable. My toon killed The Butcher.. the achievement should be re-awarded.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Saw this as well. I am currently using the banner awarded from the Butchered! achievement, yet.. it is now locked for me.. and my panel says that I have not completed Butchered!.

Surely this is "easily" fixable. My toon killed The Butcher.. the achievement should be re-awarded.

I submitted a ticket with a screenshot of my Blacksmithing level 5, you should submit one with you over the corpse of the butcher lol
Reply Quote
How about "I am in Act II, enough said."

Also achievements should have no bearing on actual game functionality. The most it will do is lock out rewards for achieving them. You should not be restricted at the blacksmith because you lost an achievement. That is a different problem all together.
Edited by Ehntals#1536 on 5/17/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I lost some achievements too, I already beat the game on normal difficulty and yet my Act I quests are not in my achievements.

Edit: I repeated Act I on normal difficulty to get some achievements but I can't get the others such as "Beastmaster of tristram".
Edited by Soulblaster#1129 on 5/17/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've lost a lot of the achievements I've gained + I didn't gain a lot of achievements I normaly should. Hope Blizzard does something about this.
Reply Quote
I think their best move is to completely remove the achievements that everyone's complaining about (blacksmith and jeweler), and perhaps add new ones (different ones) to make up for the difference in overall attainable points.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I lost the Smithy Achieve as well as Lachdanan's Scrolls 4 and 5. I can read them in my lore book, but they're not on the achievement list. Going to go through the Cathedral for round 4 today to see if I can get them to spawn, as somehow the other ones that had gotten wiped are back in my achieve window.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 12:49 PMPosted by ElectroTurk
I think their best move is to completely remove the achievements that everyone's complaining about (blacksmith and jeweler), and perhaps add new ones (different ones) to make up for the difference in overall attainable points.

The issue is not with the achievements themselves. It is due to the way the system records them and reports them to the network. All achievements suffer from this problem as it is currently written. It is just that these ones have a criteria that can only be met once.

While we will hopefully not have the issues that we encountered on the day one rush as any sort of common occurrence. The developers have to find a solution to the synergy between the game world itself and how it reports to the account profile. These are things I am sure they are working on behind the scenes. It may or may not be a simple solution on their part. Anything they do come up with has to be implemented in a manner to not disrupt the game or cause additional issues.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Karkadinn
It would be nice if they at least updated the Known Issues list to include this, so we didn't get a new thread about it on an hourly basis.

Perhaps someone has made the decision not to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]