Diablo® III

BattleTag™ Free Name Change Update

(Locked)

extreme awesome>_<that's what i waiting for....

look my battle tag....i blind,one mistake,hurt me so long......(and just 2 fu+cking day)

thank's a lot
85 Goblin Priest
Id rather the connectivity issues be fixed. I bought the hard version of this at an EB games and have had nothing but issues with 3007 error and being booted every 4 minutes. IT IS NOT ON MY END. Please fix this so some of us who dished out 60+$ can actually play the game. I've done all your trouble shooting and it still sucks.
Always been a fan of diablo and WoW but im a bit disappointed.
People in hell want ice water.
Crispy!
Thanks, but I still want the option to display my CHARACTER's name instead of my battle tag.

I'm not saying hide the battle tag completely, but definitely make it unobtrusive. Party members should see my character's name at a glance to the party box.
The numbers at the end are there and added by Blizzard (not sure if it's random, etc.) so that multiple people can have the same name. Even in Diablo 3 I believe there is an unseen number at the end of your characters name so that multiple people (even 100's) can have the same character names.
Id rather the connectivity issues be fixed. I bought the hard version of this at an EB games and have had nothing but issues with 3007 error and being booted every 4 minutes. IT IS NOT ON MY END. Please fix this so some of us who dished out 60+$ can actually play the game. I've done all your trouble shooting and it still sucks.
Always been a fan of diablo and WoW but im a bit disappointed.
People in hell want ice water.

and they shall have it..

when Hell freezes over
Edited by Warden#1632 on 5/17/2012 8:58 PM PDT
Thanks. This situation described me perfectly.
Thanks for this, Blizz.
can i change my characters name ? Not my battletag but the individual characters name ?
Thanks for doing this :)
83 Goblin Warrior
Why do we only get one free Battle Tag name change anyway? Does it honestly cost you guys money to change a person's Battle Tag? Or is ths just another way for you guys to make more money off of people who choose to change their Tag?
Edited by beer#1726 on 5/18/2012 1:23 AM PDT
You are too kind Blizzard. Unfortunately, this will not help in putting some sense of responsibility in people. I hope this time they will get it!!!
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Thank god for the battletag name change, I dont think I read that 'your battletag is NOT unique so you can choose any name', so i went for Christopher and it worked. Then realized after launch day oh i should've used the name people know me by in WoW, Hrethgir because people seeing Christopher (Christopher so and so) on real id would just be dumb looking lol
Appreciate it, I changed my battle tag during open beta weekend so I could play. Glad I can change it back. I felt naked without it.
There is a work around if you dont have the link: https://us.battle.net/account/management/battletag-modify.html make sure your logged into Bnet and then go here if you still have the option to update the battletag you can here regardless of what the summary page says. But you need to have your 1 free left.

edit -- oh wow that change was global no need for this... oh well i'll leave it for fun ^_^
Edited by Zerachiel#1158 on 5/18/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Thank you!
So wait, why doesn't it just give us the name we chose, WITHOUT THE NUMBERS or if it's taken, let us choose another one like when we create a wow char! ffs

Would that be so complicated? really? c'moan Blizz

I'm not even sure I remember the numbers it gave me (so I don't even know my own BattleTag! gj )
85 Goblin Hunter
So wait, why doesn't it just give us the name we chose, WITHOUT THE NUMBERS or if it's taken, let us choose another one like when we create a wow char! ffs

Would that be so complicated? really? c'moan Blizz

I'm not even sure I remember the numbers it gave me (so I don't even know my own BattleTag! gj )

With WoW there are a ton of servers making it so there can be multiple players using the same name. If Diablo 3 only let one person have each name, what do you think the odds are that you'd get your first, second, even third choice of name if you were late to picking your Battletag?

The numbers are given to everyone for consistency, and to make sure you don't get a bunch of friend requests meant for someone else. I'd hate to be "Bob" if there were "Bob#2" through "Bob#100" and I kept getting friend requests meant for them. Plus, imagine all the rage whispers if Bob#46 were a forum troll.

As for not remembering your tag number, write it down if you can't remember.
Edited by Dainslaif#1164 on 5/18/2012 7:20 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]