Diablo® III

I got to lvl60 - damage / build questions

First off - the whole 3x mana regen passive... doesnt give me mana back very quicky and i msot certainly cant live with no basic attack. Plus dmg seems to be lower than good use of poison cloud and less reliable.

Why in videos can people spam it as much as they want when 4 skils on cd? they have gear for it?

second ! I feel like my dmg is really low - but more importantly if i take say splinter darts that i never regain mana - so im pretty much just using my mana pool then im down to dart and maybe one other skil everyso often (v rarely)

i dont ahve 30% + mana cost passive!

Finally is the CC the only real reason to take a wd over a wiz? So im a CC machine with low dmg for mf runs? :(

kinda sad! (btw im on act4 hell so iv played a fair bit)
Reply Quote
Well I'm certainly not as far as you so my experience may be irrelevant compared to act 4 hell considering I'm in act 1 nightmare. Anyway, I use the Spiritual Attunement and Spirit Walk with the Honored Guest rune. 15 second cooldown mana steroid (or 13 with Spirit Vessel passive). Don't have much mana problems with this set up.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
i'm only 48 right now, trying to get to 50 so i can go to hell... this is my current setup, and i have zero downtime with mana..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acjdUS!ZWc!babZZZ

stuff dies pretty damn fast too
Reply Quote
very good/clever build atm cantmilkthat
Reply Quote
Well - I thought it over, and I am well prepared to get laughed at.. but what the hell? How are you using two secondarys and two terrors at the SAME time?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Hi Ghost, in your gameplay options menu there is a checkbox called 'Elective Mode.' When you select that option you are able to choose any six skills you like from any of your skill groups. You can also bind buttons other than 1-4.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hcUdkT!bVU!aaZZbZ

This is the build im using, the left and right mouse buttons give plenty of damage, and my 1-2-3-4 spells provide great mana/life regeneration and good CC to keep control of the fights. Also those 4 spells have quite fair cooldowns, so my passive (300% mana regeneration) is pretty much always active, allowing me to spam right mouse button. I hope this guide helps anyone in need of advise on playing the most skilled class in diablo :)
Reply Quote
i'm only 48 right now, trying to get to 50 so i can go to hell... this is my current setup, and i have zero downtime with mana..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acjdUS!ZWc!babZZZ

stuff dies pretty damn fast too

05/17/2012 04:38 PMPosted by rofelos
very good/clever build atm cantmilkthat

I disagree, why would you take 2 damage reduction abilities when you have no pets? What a waste IMO. Swap out Mass Confusion with Gargantuan and get a tank so u can turn ur passive abilities towards DPS or mana regen.

Also you dont even use an AOE poison attack so it pretty much makes Bad Medicine passive worthless, imo. What ur gona single target everything to reduce their damage? Locust Swarm is barely a conical attack so even that barely makes it useful.

I know to each its own but it seems like u rolled a WD but rather play a Barb. lol
Edited by respawn#1345 on 5/17/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]