Diablo® III

Bosses not droping yellow items on Nightmare

Hey there

In normal we got Yellow items every time with bosses. Now in nightmare we are getting almost none.

We just killed Belial and he droped like 2 blues. wtf -.-
Reply Quote
That happened to me and my friends as well. I assume you only get rares for sure on the first kill, which will be the normal one. Magic items can still be very good and if your luck is similar to ours you will find lots of rares that are worse than lots of blues. For example right now we find rares that do around 80 dps and blues that do 180. Don't worry too much about what color the name is just check the stats of everything you find.
Reply Quote
Bosses drop rares first time only to prevent mass boss farm
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The best loot will be dropping from random elite mobs, not bosses. Watch the inferno skeleton king kill video, nothing but blues.
Reply Quote
Whats wrong with mass boss farm, this is why is bought this game?
its quite annoying, blues everywhere. i think i wear just one piece i found on my own, the rest is AH stuff.

Normal and nightmare are _completly_ unrewarding. sad.
Reply Quote
The first taste is free, then you have to pay...

But seriously it is pretty lousy that you get rares from bosses the first time and then jack after that. My understanding is that once you hit level 60 you start getting something called Nephilim Honor for killing elite monsters and such and that that increases your magic find, so doing that along with having magic find gear should see reasonable returns.

I don't think that you will be able to just click the kill diablo quest, run up to diablo, and kill him repeatedly for rares every time.
Reply Quote
You can still get rares and legendaries off bosses its just you don't get the GUARANTEED 2+ rares that you got in normal difficulty. Not a big deal. Same exact way it was in Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
I don't know about you guys but I usually find several rares here and there. sometimes on bosses, sometimes on random side bosses.

I tried to save all the ones I got into my inventory and stash so I can sell them later on the AH but I couldn't hold them all.
Reply Quote
I like how the loot system is now. Makes the game more intresting than just Rushing through the game, missing half the content, and grinding Baal Runs to lvl 99....
Reply Quote
Boss farming doesn't work in Diablo 2. The game is intended to provide the best loot by just playing through the content.

Normal mode is a tutorial, and its rigged to provide extra rares the first time you defeat a boss. After that, bosses are nothing special in terms of the loot that they provide.

I'm getting plenty of rare drops from elite mobs by running around with about 20% magic find up. If I really wanted to farm, I could probably get tons more, but I'm not worried about farming/gear that much until I hit level 60.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Paceytwo
The best loot will be dropping from random elite mobs, not bosses. Watch the inferno skeleton king kill video, nothing but blues.

Inferno SK dropped 2 yellows and like 6 blues for me earlier today. I had the 5 stack of nephlem valor.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Kashimaa

I think you were a little uninformed as to what Diablo is then, which is kind of your fault. This isn't World of Warcraft where the best loot comes from farming raid bosses. Diablo is all about the randomness and they even stated beforehand that they wanted to break the notion from people that farming bosses is the way to go. If you don't like that, then there's going to be an issue. I, for one, like the fact that I don't have to farm the exact same boss over and over and over again for drops. I can farm their great maps that they randomize every time I run through them and find champions and rare packs that have a combination of skills that I've never faced before. The landscape is always changing and that's what makes it interesting.

In response to other posts, it's not that bosses can only drop blues after the first run. They're affected by magic find just like every other mob (which increases likelihood of uniques, rares, sets, etc. as well as magic items) but they could have a lower innate chance to drop those higher tier items. Either way, it's much slower to farm a single boss kill which could take a few minutes in Inferno than it is to clear giant rooms and map areas full of rares and champions whose loot is just as good as the bosses along with the off-chance that you find something great on a standard mob or even in a jar.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 5/18/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I think you were a little uninformed as to what Diablo is then, which is kind of your fault. This isn't World of Warcraft where the best loot comes from farming raid bosses. Diablo is all about the randomness and they even stated beforehand that they wanted to break the notion from people that farming bosses is the way to go. If you don't like that, then there's going to be an issue. I, for one, like the fact that I don't have to farm the exact same boss over and over and over again for drops. I can farm their great maps that they randomize every time I run through them and find champions and rare packs that have a combination of skills that I've never faced before. The landscape is always changing and that's what makes it interesting.

qft.

Just because they're from the same company doesn't make this WoW, or have to go by WoW rules.

Oh and this should not be in DH forum.
Edited by Reinhart#1460 on 5/18/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]