Diablo® III

Best Follower for Wizard?

100 Night Elf Druid
I'm level 36 playing on nightmare and just really started to use my follower now, I was partying with my friend the entire time before that and forgot you can have a follower when playing solo. Anyway, I picked the Templar since he can take alot of damage and also heal me at the same time as well as keeping aggro. But what does everyone else think the best class for a wizard is? and if I do decide to stick with the Templar what main stats should I look for him with his gear? Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Warrior
I use the templar in NM too. He's sort of a kiting tool, but his damage is absolutely nothing to write home about. I just use him as an extra way to distract enemies from me.

As far as stats, his primary stat is strength, which works not so much for the damage it gives him but for the armor. Really I'd just load him up with vitality and other defensive stats, lets him last longer before he inevitably crumbles.
Reply Quote
The templar is my follower. I've just put stuff I've found myself on him. His gear is geared towards life on strike and attack speed. His skills are set up to be a healer.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
It really doesn't matter. Because followers do such pitiful damage and die so often, it's best just to use them as a distraction and MF mule. Stack as much MF as you can on them and hope they last long enough for you to kill each pack. Templar is best for this role.
Reply Quote
Nothing attacks my templar so his survival isn't a problem. You'd think they'd attack the first thing that attacks them but instead they go after me.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Evilswine
Nothing attacks my templar so his survival isn't a problem. You'd think they'd attack the first thing that attacks them but instead they go after me.

For this reason I've been using the enchantress, and picking only her crowd control abilities as she levels. With her taking care of the crowd control, that leaves my skill slots open for pure damage and a little bit of escape (Frost Nova + Wave of Force works wonders).
Reply Quote
69 Orc Warrior
The templar is at his best in tight hallways where enemies are ignoring him, but unable to walk past him, imo. Free kiting.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Lol at Snapchop, you made my day sir. So true.
Reply Quote
For levelling I used to use Enchantress for her CC skills.

Now in inferno farming Act 3 I've been using Scoundrel with CC skills, 3% crit chance (synergize with my build) and multishot. I give him a cold bow with IAS and stack IAS/vit rings and amulet on him with Vit/LoH token. Even with ias nerf he can still spam his cold multishots and keep mobs snared for me and it stacks with my Arcane Orb Temporal Flux making them even slower.
Reply Quote
I use Templar in Inferno. He does not die. He tanks like 39874757 hits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]