Diablo® III

Consuming spirit nu,bers

Having some trouble with consuming spirit which grants your haunt a life per sec proc. Now I'm an almost exclusive spirit build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#geXdUZ!fXV!ZaYZZa

Now with the passive From blood ritual plus the fact that i usually cast around 3-5 haunts before a fight I should be getting a really nice Health per sec boost but that doesn't seem to be the case. I usually get capped at around 100 healther per sec or so which doesnt make sense to me any one else run into this???
Edited by Pooded#1912 on 5/18/2012 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only have 3 haunts up at once.

I use a very similar style - I drop haunts first on big mobs in the back and run in to soul harvest/confuse and then run out and spam barrage. Keep my spirit walk for mana regen and or escape if I get caught/trapped in the pack

edit to answer your question better: The healing I get is pretty substantial. You just can't stand in the middle of stuff or you'll get splatted... we're a squishy class. For bosses I'll probably wind up switching out health for mana return since there are so many fewer targets.

Edit #2: The cap has been removed. You can have as many active haunts as you like o.O

And to think, I've been playing conservatively!
Edited by Senescence#1922 on 5/18/2012 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only have 3 haunts up at once.

I use a very similar style - I drop haunts first on big mobs in the back and run in to soul harvest/confuse and then run out and spam barrage. Keep my spirit walk for mana regen and or escape if I get caught/trapped in the pack

edit to answer your question better: The healing I get is pretty substantial. You just can't stand in the middle of stuff or you'll get splatted... we're a squishy class. For bosses I'll probably wind up switching out health for mana return since there are so many fewer targets.

Edit #2: The cap has been removed. You can have as many active haunts as you like o.O

And to think, I've been playing conservatively!

Hmmm I seem to not be seeing this increase in health regen at least it isnt shown directly on character since I have the healing number enabled from my HUD give it a test and let me know if u see a drastic increase in health gain.
Reply Quote
I was also going to ask this. Now it heals 155/sec but there is no difference if i use it on one enemy or ten enemies. In the second case it should heal 1550 hp / sec, but nope :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I noticed this too. Extra Haunts don't seem to stack up the health regen, which makes it kinda useless overall for healing. If it's not a bug, it should probably be clarified in the tooltip.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]