Diablo® III

Extreme lag encountering new enemies/sounds

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue, but ever since the game launched, my gameplay is very laggy/jumpy when entering new areas, encountering new enemies or dialogues with NPCs, performing new moves, or upon encountering large battles in general. By lag, I mean that my character jumps around the screen, or I miss frames seeing animations, or I walk forward 10 steps then end up "transporting" 10 steps back as though I have never walked forward to begin with. This has caused me a great deal of pain when fighting big battles, because I lag to death (literally, lol). I have trained myself to look at my latency bar when these things occur, and every I am experiencing these issues, the latency bar is yellow. Now I am not saying that I have the BEST internet connection in the land, but I do have FiOS ISP (hardwired to the router) with 15 Mbps/5 Mbps up/down speeds.

My computer has the following specs:
-Windows 7 x64
-Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
-ASUS EAH6850 DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 6850 1GB Graphics Cards (driver 12.3)
-CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
-ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Mother Board
-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 2x1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (RAID 0)
-FiOS 15 Mbps/5 Mbps internet connection (ethernet)

Before suggesting it's my video card driver, understand that I did update to 12.4 and 12.4a, only to experience the same issues. I have played in parties of 4 and nobody else in my party experienced what I am experiencing, however. Also, V-sync is checked in Diablo 3, because without it being checked, I experience terrible screen tearing/jumpiness/etc. I have even unchecked the background/foreground FPS limiter. I have all of my graphics set on high (default for me), but even tried setting them all to low, only to experience the same laggy/jumpy gameplay. I am not sure if this issue may be due to my computer (I don't know why it would, since I more than exceed the recommended settings), or if this something on Blizzard's end with servers or whatnot. My computer runs other games on Max settings (including Crysis II) just fine...

Any feedback would be wonderful... PLEASE HELP!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]