Diablo® III

Anyone found a use for Inner Sanctuary?

Honestly, it looks like a waste of a slot for me. I'm just starting nightmare though. Will there be some uses for it?
Reply Quote
Holy master, this is my favorate.
Reply Quote
Hell act 2, yet to use it
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 01:54 PMPosted by def0
Holy master, this is my favorate.

In what situations do you use it?
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 02:02 PMPosted by BleakCabal
In what situations do you use it?

Deadly Reach is my primay so anytime I'm swamped I use Inner Sanctuary for 5 seconds of free kick and heal.
Reply Quote
Nice, Deadly Reach + Inner Sanctuary sounds sweet. I must admit, since I didn't use Deadly Reach at all I didn't come up with utilizing it in this way.
Reply Quote
I used it to tank Azmodan (puddles) and Belial (aoe phase) in NM with 35% damage reduction rune.

I will use it in Hell to fight champions, only really for damage reduction..

Also if you ever need to run past groups of enemies, you can get past them, place it in a choke, and they can't chase you.

I ran through a bridge in Act 3 like this. I assume in Hell I will have to run past certain groups of champions and this will surely help me.
Reply Quote
I tried it out today with Deadly Reach and the heal rune (NM Act II, don't have the DR rune for it yet) and found it was a pretty good replacement for Breath of Heaven, since I was getting enough healing from my other abilities and wanted something else in that slot. The fear is useful since it also lets you break out of a pack if you need to.

Still experimenting with builds and abilities and trying to figure out which direction to go towards for eventually hitting Inferno content.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Bobby
I used it to tank Azmodan (puddles) and Belial (aoe phase) in NM with 35% damage reduction rune.

^^this is all
Reply Quote
I'm experimenting with it on Hell act 2.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WbgRiQ!UYd!ZYYYYb

I've got crappy gear, but there's only a handful of monsters I can't tank with this setup & 19k hp. Sanctuary has various uses. It has a knockback effect, can be used to block off/seperate packs, and is good for tanking. If you want to abuse Quickening + BoP you can just swap out concussive wave.

Still have to quasi kite, arcane / molten / plague / vampic etc but you don't have to run nearly as often, only ones that force me to run non stop are frozen.
Reply Quote
I play with a lot of friends, and since I tank and they range, they tend to be glass cannons. I've used it to save them a bunch of times when things go awry. Gives them a nice place to hide and buys them some time. It's more for group synergy than my own personal use.
Reply Quote
For me sanctuary is great for when you get mobbed, since it knocks back and fears, and the heal rune is pretty nice also. Like others have said, choke points are where it shines best. I found it pretty useful in a few bossfights that involve AoE DoTs. It really depends on your play style. And yes deadly strike is a great primary skill to use in conjunction with Inner Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
Its really funny to use against butcher. He just rams into an invisible wall.

Also good for doing gandalf impressions
"You shall not pass!"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]