Diablo® III

Why do people hate vault?

I use Vault...not because of any of the reasons above. But because I played Monster Hunter/Demon Souls/Dark Souls. I have a rolling-out-of-danger-fetish.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/18/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Zoen
I think the best thing I like about vault is that it lets me go through enemies straight to that health orb. And that with the stun rune it kept interrupting Diablo (normal mode).

That's exactly why I used it too. XD
Not to mention it's really helpful when you have to run the fuq away. >.>
Reply Quote
DH's who don't use vault are failures.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 11:40 PMPosted by ElXtronic
DH's who don't use vault are failures.

... very helpful. mind posting your hero information?
i'd like to see your hero inventory with details screen to see just how great you are with your DH
Reply Quote
I'm the best DH player out, I'll kill every1 when PvP comes out.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 12:48 AMPosted by ElXtronic
I'm the best DH player out, I'll kill every1 when PvP comes out.

I'm more interested in what you wrote before you got embarrassed and deleted it.
Reply Quote
110 Blood Elf Priest
Vault is incredibly useful... until Hell. I've since replaced it with Smoke Screen.

The beauty of Smoke Screen is that you get 3 seconds (runed) to continue attacking while monsters run away from you. With smart tactics and positioning, you can extend that into much more than 3 seconds where you're safe to churn out damage (which you absolutely need to worry about in Hell, elites have serious health). When Vaulting you cannot shoot, and are still being chased. Against fast moving mobs you barely gain any ground, and haven't done any damage in the process.

Vault + Tactical Advantage got me through Normal and Nightmare at an amazing rate. Hell just requires different tactics.
Reply Quote
SS/Prep combo is basically required for hell mode. Vault alone just doesn't cut it, when all the elites/champs have fast modifier on them (slows are also completely useless)

You can still add vault to your bar, but its somewhat redundant; in most situations you would be better served saving your disc for another smoke, than to vault away.
Reply Quote
Right now i'm A2 Nightmare, so i don't have MUCH say in this, but what i prefer is Caltrops with torturous ground

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WRYdfP!abe!aZZbba
This is what i currently use in terms of Nightmare Mob Combat. caltrops->Evasive fire when they get close, then i start pelting with bolas and ice arrow... Not particularly sure how well this will work on hell/inferno, but right now i'm having no trouble.

though i'm always testing other builds out, just to see how well they work, this seems to work the best right now, as i dont have access to the 40+ runes yet
Reply Quote
Vault isn't terrible, it just doesn't give you counters to mobs that will kill you if you get caught. SS cleanses, de-aggros, and gives you several seconds to fire unmolested or reposition. Vault is just a reposition, and it can't help you when you get jailed/walled/frozen/feared/etc.
Reply Quote
SS is easymode. Most Diablo players are bad. Do the math.

Vault costs less discipline, but isn't as good for avoiding enemy damage/aggro. So a skilled player who doesn't need SS will be more efficient by using Vault. He will gain more mobility and have more discipline free for other skills.

Lol vault isn't going to help you in hell dude. Very ineffective when the elites can catch up to you right after you vaulted or jail you in place or teleport on top of you etc etc... You can't do any damage while vaulting so basically you're wasting your time and discipline by even doing it (since elite hell mobs are not avoided by vault). I used to be a vault fan until I realized all it did was make me feel like I'm being fancy with micro
Edited by Calavera#1961 on 5/19/2012 1:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's not that people hate vault. It's just that there are only 6 slots available for abilities. With tight restrictions like that every spot needs to be completely worth it, and dedicating an entire skill slot for just-in-case-I-get-cornered doesn't seem worthwhile to most people. I assume most would say, position yourself better so you don't get caught in a situation like that. In the rare situation you do, take the death. Death is fairly non punishing in this game. Learn from your mistake, and try not to get trapped again.
Reply Quote
Vault doesn't work on Jailer which is why I use vault for farming speed, and smokescreen for progression.
Reply Quote
Vault FTW, fck a hater.
Reply Quote
I definitely use both. Each has unique advantages, and bringing both grants you the best of both worlds. SS (runed for duration) and vault (runed for tumble), along with preparation (runed for heal) have kept me alive in the most ridiculous situations - more importantly, they keep me away from the ugliness and DPSing like a champ.
Edited by Vertigo#1458 on 5/19/2012 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been noticing a lot of people saying they don't like vault and SS > vault. I think they are equal and both have their benefits.

You're correct in thinking that the two skills each have benefits. As for being equal, sorry, but SS is leaps and bounds better. That doesn't mean you can't have both - I keep Vault on my SS/Prep bar in order to escape from bad walling spawns, but I rune Vault for the 15s CD so it's free, because those same spawns are the ones where 12 seconds of immunity and kiting isn't enough (and then you can't actually afford the Discipline for Vault and a delayed 5th SS).

I would replace Vault if I could decide on a skill for that spot.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 02:15 AMPosted by ElXtronic
Vault FTW, fck a hater.

lol lrn2play
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]