Diablo® III

D3 Slows Down/Crawls in Sewers & Spider Cave

I've been looking for quite some time now around the forums and asking other people in game about this issue. I've seen others talk and discuss it, but not too much about it. At first, I thought it was just a launch issue but I haven't seen a blue post about it yet.

During key points, namely the sewer aqueducts and the spider queen's cave, my game slows down to a crawl and I begin to take a massive hit on the FPS scale.

My Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz
12GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit OS
ATI Raedeon HD 5450
DX 11

I've tried everything I know so far. Updating drivers, playing with computer in windows 98 mode, windowed, Low/Off graphic settings and I STILL slow down to that annoying crawl in places with long portions of water or the spider queen's cave.

I really hope this is a launch issue because it would save me and my pockets for shelling out on a new graphics card just to NOT lag in those areas.

Fingers Crossed that Blue is aware of this issue/knows something about it.
Edited by Lobo#1464 on 5/18/2012 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I'm having this problem in the exact same spots. Here's to hoping you get a reply.
Reply Quote
Thanks, i really appreciate it and hope the blues can check and fix this issue promptly. I love the game thus far, but I go into a semi rage when ever i get to those parts. Its really annoying.

=\
Reply Quote
i'd like to bump this as i have EXACTLY the same problems.

its the water/lights that give the insane fps drops soon as i leave the areas with all the water/lights everything is fine.

settings doesnt matter i can play on everything maxed and no fps problems, soon as i get near water/lights max or min settings my fps drops from like 60 to 6, i've updated drivers and everything and i cant get my fps to go up until leaving water/lights.

had the same issue in skyrim as well incase that helps its not a diablo 3 only issue i can play skyrim in max no problem...get really close to a torch/light boom 1-2 fps, even on minimum settings.

so basically looking for a fix that will stop me lagging near lights/water or a way to graphically destroy the game to not show water/lights. i dont care how bad the game looks if i have 2 fps i cannot play hell/inferno cause im dead before i can act.

act 3 runs smooth as anything though...no water/lights so no problems no matter what settings.

i7 3.4ghz
8gm ram
geforce gt 420 (i know its not great but it can run everything max except water/lights!)
win 7
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue, even with all setting on minimum I cannot get over 10 FPS in the sewers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
same problem, wish we could get an answer or acknowledgement they are aware of the problem. I know for me the game is almost unplayable.
Reply Quote
bump, no-one have any idea on this specific problem? =/
Reply Quote
Same. I spent yesterday still looking thru the forums to try to find out something with the issue. The blue post about the the ATI cards being supported/unsupported didn't help much either.
My card is a 5000 series, which is supported, and yet STILL gets the FPS of death with water & lights. Installing the 12.4a hotfix still gave me no luck =(

I play everything else just fine. WoW, SC2, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, Crysis 1 & 2... You name it. They all play fine on this rig. But put me in the sewers of Caldeum, and I wanna punch a gnome.

Bump for great justice.
Reply Quote
40 Gnome Mage
Me too.

I play DIablo III on two systems. My 10gb Ram hewlitt packard with a Radeaon 7450 just runs the game like crap all the time. There are a few posts about it here and I hope it gets fixed.

My laptop, a Toshiba Satellite with 4gb ram and an integrated Intel card USUALLY runs it ok (at limited specs of course) however I played the spider cave in Act 1, on my laptop, and it was horrible. Maybe, 12 fps at the best... the entire way through.

As soon as I left, it shot right back up to at least tolerable levels... 20+ fps.

Why would specific dungeon be so much worse than the others??
Reply Quote
Same problem here (slowdown in spider lair act 1 and sewers act 2).

Radeon 5450.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Warrior
yep im getting the same problem too.. im level 60 and it feels like i crawl through some places and i run the game complete fine through the majority of the game
Reply Quote
i really hope they roll out a fix for all players affected soon. This lag/FPS drop is a really killer when playing on Nightmare and up.
Reply Quote
I've been looking for quite some time now around the forums and asking other people in game about this issue. I've seen others talk and discuss it, but not too much about it. At first, I thought it was just a launch issue but I haven't seen a blue post about it yet.

During key points, namely the sewer aqueducts and the spider queen's cave, my game slows down to a crawl and I begin to take a massive hit on the FPS scale.

My Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz
12GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit OS
ATI Raedeon HD 5450
DX 11

I've tried everything I know so far. Updating drivers, playing with computer in windows 98 mode, windowed, Low/Off graphic settings and I STILL slow down to that annoying crawl in places with long portions of water or the spider queen's cave.

I really hope this is a launch issue because it would save me and my pockets for shelling out on a new graphics card just to NOT lag in those areas.

Fingers Crossed that Blue is aware of this issue/knows something about it.

I noticed this too, in act 2 sewer areas. I monitor my pc usages on my keyboard and my gpu goes up to 99% in some 10ft diameter areas in the sewers.

Here are my specs

AMD Phenom2x4 945@3.45GHz
GSkill 8Gb ddr3 1600
Nvidia geforce gtx 460 1Gb @822MHz
Antec earthwatts 750
Crucial M4 128gb(OS/steamgames)
WD 250Gb (music/movies/steamtool games)
1920x1080 @ 60Hz
Reply Quote
40 Gnome Mage
Still no thoughts on why this might be occurring in such specific areas??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm having the exact same problems. My FPS is fine unless I'm in the sewers or aqueducts. For me it seems to only happen in these areas and is worse in the spots where the water fills the entire screen. At first I thought it was partially intentional, the water slowing down my run and attack speed. But as I got deeper in and my screen would fill with the water effects,it became clear it was my FPS. I have also been having latency issues. I did a tracert but they locked that thread before I could post my info. I just pray they tell us something soon.
Edited by Eldritch#1643 on 5/19/2012 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here
Reply Quote
Request Sticky and bump for great justice. A MUCH needed hot-fix is required all across the board at this point. So many errors with lag, latency and launch issues.

Blizz needs to clean this up and fast =\
Reply Quote
I'm running the same video card as the OP and also dealing with lag in those areas
Reply Quote
Same issue although these are not the only places I see this drop. I've got this issue on the zoltun kulle fight as well as on the great span for the izual fight. Has anyone else noticed these issues there? The larger of a list of places we can rack up where this is happening the easier it will be to draw some parallel and figure out what is slowing down the game for us.
Reply Quote
Got a nvidia 560ti and the same thing happens...and it only happens in a junction in the sewers/aquaducts. If i move to into a branch of it dissappears. Everything else is smooth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]