Diablo® III

D3 Slows Down/Crawls in Sewers & Spider Cave

Finally others than me that have the same problems. I'm running an Nvidia gtx 460 OC and I have the exact same issues as you guys. Since it's not (probably) graphics card related I do wonder what it could be. I just opened a ticket too and hope for a fix soon.
Reply Quote

and it only happens in a junction in the sewers/aquaducts. If i move into a branch of it disappears.

Exact same problem here with a GTS450.

Running smooth in 1920x1080 at constant 60 fps otherwise.
Reply Quote
This has made trying to solo hell nearly impossible
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Same problem, same areas.

nVidia GeForce 9600M GS

Other areas are running nicely at my preferred settings. Even with minimum settings, however, the sewers and spider caves are brutal.
Reply Quote
Exact same issues, although it seems to happen in other places than that (Act IV is really bad).

My system:
i7 quadcore
GTX 460m 1.5gb
6 gb RAM

I have tried many common fixes. Latest video drivers, playing with core affinity, changing settings/screen resolution, etc. Nothing works. The game either runs perfectly at 60 FPS, regardless of settings, or it chugs at 5 fps with massive system slowdown.
Reply Quote
You have to put Shadows on Medium or lower. The shadows on everything in the sewers and aqueducts make stuff lag, just turn 'em down. No matter what card you have, you're going to have this issue.
Reply Quote
I have the shadows literally turned OFF and it happens, so that's not it.
Reply Quote
hi,
Same problem for me at the two exact same spots,
i7 2600k / gtx 460, what nvidia driver are you using ?

ps : not a major problem but i didn't finish the game yet and just hope there aren't too many places with this issue, like someone here i monitor my gpu and saw the 99% usage when fps drops. the game is 60fps solid with vsync everywhere and drops to 30 fps in those 2 areas, looks like a slow motion with vsync activated :x
Edited by yelgo#2177 on 5/20/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if you have vsnyc on turn it off! or your fps will drop in that cave
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Same problem. Old news. No responses. Will bump for hope though.
Reply Quote
i have the same problem with an i5-2500k and a gtx 460. i also get random slowdown in other locations but the spider cave/sewers are the worst.
Reply Quote
BUMP
Reply Quote
to skye : your solution works, it's a temporary solution but everyone try this :

desactivate vsync and put the slider for max fps to 60 ( to limitate the fps and the gpu heating )

and voila =) no more big fps drop for me with this, but i now encounter some tearing, so remember to activate vsync everyhwere except those 2 areas. post to tell if it works for you.

ps : i only tried in the sewers but it should work in the spider cave too, i notice that the fps drops happens when 2 or more fire things are on the screen, just a guess...

edit : it happens in some areas of the Dahlgur Oasis too.
Edited by yelgo#2177 on 5/20/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
tl;dr: Please hear our plea blue! Just want to play smoothly on our various different rigs!

Still following up on this post. It seems more and more people are adding posts and topics to the forum about various different issues including ours.

Soloing, or even grouping is a chore when having these issues. On nightmare/hell, going thru those areas makes me wanna cry if a blue group/yellow shows up because I'm worse than helpless just mashing on my mouse and 4 keys.

I pray that in the 1.1 patch or something, they do a HUGE overhaul to fix so many issues with the launch of the game.

You would think they would learn from past experiences with WoW Launches and SC2 day 1 issues.

Again, hopefully a blue will read and bumping for all things sacred.
Reply Quote
to skye : your solution works, it's a temporary solution but everyone try this :

desactivate vsync and put the slider for max fps to 60 ( to limitate the fps and the gpu heating )

and voila =) no more big fps drop for me with this, but i now encounter some tearing, so remember to activate vsync everyhwere except those 2 areas. post to tell if it works for you.

ps : i only tried in the sewers but it should work in the spider cave too, i notice that the fps drops happens when 2 or more fire things are on the screen, just a guess...

OP here, and btw, I'm not sure what that did for you, but still no luck on my end.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

OP here, and btw, I'm not sure what that did for you, but still no luck on my end.

Yeah, that's no fix heh.
Reply Quote
hi, thanks for your answers,
Sorry to hear that didn't fix anything for both of you, i now switch with vsync on/off when i enter an area and i see a fps drop and it works for me until now.

Maybe this trick only works with nvidia cards.
Reply Quote
skye: if you have vsnyc on turn it off! or your fps will drop in that cave

Fixed mine really quick.
Reply Quote
Yes I am not able to enjoy the game because of this lag. I love Diablo 3 and all but why did they have to over animate the sewers and water ? I noticed most of the lag happening in while i am passing a body of water or a lot of fire.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]