Diablo® III

Inferno solo = don't play Barbarian.

I get the feeling that Blizzard never extensively tested just how viable it is for certain classes to solo Inferno.

"We doubled it." At the end of the day that still doesn't seem to be enough for ranged classes or well-coordinated groups. Blizzard claimed that they want to create "viable specs", not just a few "optimal specs", but in the current state the only Barbarians who can get past Act 1 (still has to run away from most elite packs) is a sword and board Barb. Any other spec is not viable for a Barbarian with BiS gear from Hell.

If Inferno is meant to be a coop mode, then don't advertise it any otherwise. If Barbarian is incapable of reaching the height of a ranged class due to class limitations, then put that there during character creation. The problem with too many options is that the options will not get as much testing or balancing as a smaller number of options would.

PS: I didn't talk about Monk because I'm not sure how viable it is for monks to solo Inferno. I've heard of monks doing Inferno, but all of them were tanks in coop games.
Reply Quote
This is exactly how D2 was...what's the difference?
Reply Quote
Ps. inferno is soloable as any class, you just need the right gear which from the sounds of it, you dont have.
Reply Quote
View profile
don't talk badly about sword and board please. it's very effective and it's good (im a fan of it actually).
Edited by chaoswarrior#1352 on 5/18/2012 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Clarynaa
This is exactly how D2 was...what's the difference?

No it wasn't....
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 08:02 PMPosted by chaoswarrior
don't talk badly about sword and board please. it's very effective and it's good (im a fan of it actually).

I'm not talking badly about it. I am however annoyed by the fact that it is the ONLY viable spec.

05/18/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Arcane
Ps. inferno is soloable as any class, you just need the right gear which from the sounds of it, you dont have.

Are you playing a barbarian? That sounds nice on paper, but doesn't work out well in reality even with the best gear available from Hell.

I suppose it's possible for a level 60 to buy all the best Infernal gear from AH before starting Infernal, but that would be pretty pointless, wouldn't it?
Reply Quote
Yes the game is much easier in a group from nightmare on.

Frankly, you get better loot and have more fun with others anyway imo.

To each, his own.
Reply Quote
Playing Inferno in any way with any class is not viable.
Did you not get the point yet? Inferno is meant to be make you reach your limit, it was not made to be beaten.

If you are dying without being able to progress, it is working as intended, fight the system if you dare.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 08:05 PMPosted by simonizor
I don't think that Blizzard intended for anyone to solo inferno..

When they introduced Inferno mode, the first thing they said in their developer diary was "it is soloable".
Reply Quote
I like how the game has been out little more then half a week and people are complaining about how they are incapable of soloing the hardest difficulty to grace a Diablo game. Take a step back and gear up bro, it's supposed to be the pinnacle of challenges in the Player vs Environment arena.
Reply Quote
Playing Inferno in any way with any class is not viable.
Did you not get the point yet? Inferno is meant to be make you reach your limit, it was not made to be beaten.

If you are dying without being able to progress, it is working as intended, fight the system if you dare.

Yet DH, Wizard and WD with 20k+ DPS easily steam-roll most of Inferno. They only run into problems against certain rare packs, but they can always skip those.
Reply Quote
Yes the game is much easier in a group from nightmare on.

Frankly, you get better loot and have more fun with others anyway imo.

To each, his own.

There is no "to each his own" when coop is the only viable option for certain classes.

Only when both coop and solo are viable methods can Blizzard live up to their words.
Reply Quote
I get the feeling that Blizzard never extensively tested just how viable it is for certain classes to solo Inferno.

"We doubled it." At the end of the day that still doesn't seem to be enough for ranged classes or well-coordinated groups. Blizzard claimed that they want to create "viable specs", not just a few "optimal specs", but in the current state the only Barbarians who can get past Act 1 (still has to run away from most elite packs) is a sword and board Barb. Any other spec is not viable for a Barbarian with BiS gear from Hell.

If Inferno is meant to be a coop mode, then don't advertise it any otherwise. If Barbarian is incapable of reaching the height of a ranged class due to class limitations, then put that there during character creation. The problem with too many options is that the options will not get as much testing or balancing as a smaller number of options would.

PS: I didn't talk about Monk because I'm not sure how viable it is for monks to solo Inferno. I've heard of monks doing Inferno, but all of them were tanks in coop games.

You think ranged classes have it good?

Tell me, what class is squishier than Demon Hunters?

Yeesh. Melee dominates in this game due to the anti-ranged elites.
Reply Quote

Smoke screen makes you invulnerable for 3 seconds by the way.
Reply Quote

It doesn't matter on Inferno. You get one-shot anyway. Damage reduction defensives are a lot less useful than avoidance defensives. Stuns also work poorly on elites with drastically shortened duration.

DHs don't even bother with Vit much on Inferno. 600ish Vit, some resistance, and the rest sinks into damage. Start steamrolling Inferno.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I can't help but think that the OP is the kind of person who would whine if they COULD solo inferno...

"OMG Bliz 1st week release I just solo'd inferno gg lulz."
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 08:15 PMPosted by dannyboi
im in inferno with barb up to butcher, its fine, get better items

My guess: sword and board, am I right?

As said in the original thread - the only barbarians who can solo past Act 1 are sword and board barbarians.

I also imagine you've died plenty of times to rare packs, and then there are also a lot of rare packs with combinations you simply cannot defeat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]