Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

05/19/2012 11:59 AMPosted by ToolOfIsis
How often does the op go to diablo incgamers? Google is reporting malware there.

possible lead eh.
Here is something interesting you might want to read in a similar situation:

5 hours ago I was playing with my friend and I got logged/kicked out of the game with an error stating I was logged in by another computer. I logged back in again, it worked for a minute and I got kicked out again. My emaail client messaged me about Blizzard resent password change on my account. I was clearly hacked.

But here is the kicker: While I was sorting my account issue and getting back into the game, my friend was constantly on playing and had his Social Tab up. During this time I was away I didn't log into the game once. Until I got back 1 hour later and noticed all my gold was gone but everything else was the same, I didn't move nor the quest was gone and so forth...

Can someone with experience explain this? Thank you!

EDIT: Blizzard support states no one logged into my account: http://i.imgur.com/iMFZB.png
add me to this growing list, cant wait til RMAH opens up and people start stealing real money from others, this is BS on Bnet security. Blizzard needs to do something.
05/19/2012 11:59 AMPosted by ToolOfIsis
How often does the op go to diablo incgamers? Google is reporting malware there.

incgamers is a massively popular gaming site. They are ranked 6000th most popular site in the US. If you were to try to reverse their traffic from that rating you could estimate that they get 500,000 hits a DAY.

If their site were serving malware then there would be more people reporting their items being stolen.

Also it's a false positive, in the past one of the incgamers domain was flagged but it has nothing to do with the diablo sub-domain.
i JUST got my account hack.. I was playing my first character on normal killing diablo and suddenly theres pop-up that says someone log in to my acc??
and then it log me out and i tried to log in, it says wrong pass /account info???
then i went to reset my password and log in again to see my witch doctor naked? wtf??

This happened 10 mins ago..
@Fremd;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149618382

Coincidence?
i JUST got my account hack.. I was playing my first character on normal killing diablo and suddenly theres pop-up that says someone log in to my acc??
and then it log me out and i tried to log in, it says wrong pass /account info???
then i went to reset my password and log in again to see my witch doctor naked? wtf??

This happened 10 mins ago..

Contant Blizzard support and ask them if anyone but you have logged into your account, I'm in the similar situation as you. The Support told me no one used my account!
@Versedian,
Too soon to say. The site is too big that I wouldn't be surprised that like a third of people posting on these forums have been there.

The admins of incgamers also confirmed it was a false positive earlier today. They are not just a scrub site looking to steal everyone's money. They are a legit business.

Also for the record I don't have an account there and never posted anything there. I just occasionally viewed the front page.
Edited by viscrom#1983 on 5/19/2012 12:19 PM PDT
add me to the list. happened around this morning. sent a ticket and it was a disappointment. "We have reviewed our logs for the Diablo III account attached to this Battle.net account, and it does not appear that it was compromised. As a result, no restoration was performed." apparently my gear can magically disappear.
I've never been to inc gamers before just to put it out there...

I don't care about compensation but what I care about is that someone had access to my account and Blizzards states the opposite...

Or might have been a bug as all my items are left...except my gold..
@Versedian,
Too soon to say. The site is too big that I wouldn't be surprised that like a third of people posting on these forums have been there.

The admins of incgamers also confirmed it was a false positive earlier today. They are not just a scrub site looking to steal everyone's money. They are a legit business.

Also for the record I don't have an account there and never posted anything there. I just occasionally viewed the front page.

Yeah because if they were infected by malware, it would have been they themselves that did it and not some random person or group of persons. (Sarcasm.)

It would have likely been some ad they were serving, not them. But an uninformed person might think it was them.
59 Undead Death Knight
Anyone who was hacked should start looking to see if you find anything suspicious in your computer. As your AV is clearly not catching the malware.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/19/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Th3e...do you go to inc gamers?

It..makes total sense..malware pops up on popular site, people playing a game related to said popular site start getting hacked to hell. The fact that people are opening ports, disabling firewalls and av's to combat latency and 3007's also adds fuel to the fire.

No i dont go to inc gamers.. to be honest i dont even know what is that..

it just happened within a few minutes and all my gold and equipments are gone.. and my character are back to the first town - -??

@Swire i did sent a ticket to them, did the recovery thingy but i do not know that it will be any help at the moment. now waiting for their replies for my ticket..
@Th3e Good, make sure get the authentication on your phone...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]