Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

i'm happy i'm not alone, considering it is quite a lot of people we will probably be compensated in the near future
never thought i'd need it but just got the authenticator on my phone
Edited by PhaZoN#1574 on 5/19/2012 12:40 PM PDT
05/19/2012 12:41 PMPosted by hateface
ve the slow !@# ticket responses - why can't they just provide you with the time of the last restore point

i actually got a response within an hour which is quite fast, asking me to authorize a limited restoration, but its taking a bit longer now. Could be a lunch break or that they are realising there is a mass security breach in b.net and are trying to plug it opposed to helping us 1 by one.

as long as i get my !@#$ back by tomorrow i won't be too upset, its the one thing you gotta love blizzard for is that their customer service compared to other game companies tends to be extremely good
Edited by PhaZoN#1574 on 5/19/2012 12:45 PM PDT
I hate this so much...
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Customer Support regarding restoration for your Diablo III account.

Restorations for Diablo III accounts are limited, and we cannot guarantee the availability of future restorations after one is performed. Because of this, we require your approval to use a limited restoration to address this situation. If you would like us to proceed, please respond to this ticket and clearly tell us that you would like to use a limited restoration. If you do not respond, no restoration will be made for this issue.

Any progress made since the compromise may be lost when the restoration is performed. For additional information on how compromise restorations are handled for Diablo III accounts, see (http://www.battle.net/support/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account).

Note: After the first compromise restoration occurs on a Battle.net account, that account's access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be restricted until an authenticator is attached. If the account is compromised a second time, access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be permanently revoked. For more information on authenticators, see (http://www.battle.net/support/article/battle-net-authenticator-faq).

Account security is critically important. To help protect your account, we recommend following the Security Checklist (http://www.battle.net/security/checklist) on our Account Security site (http://www.battle.net/security/).

If you have further questions, please reply to this ticket. If you prefer to speak to a representative directly, please see our contact information (http://www.battle.net/support/article/contact).

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in Diablo III!

Regards,

Malgoana
Game Master
Blizzar Entertainment
http://us.battle.net

... : (
lol @ people refusing to buy an authenticator because it's "Blizzard's problem"

Have fun getting hacked over and over and over again...

Remember, it's COMPLETELY FREE if you have a smart phone and 6.50 plus nothing if you order it out of the blizzard store. Free tax free shipping, they make it about as cheap as they can without giving it away.
Edited by Aleros#1617 on 5/19/2012 1:05 PM PDT
lol @ people refusing to buy an authenticator because it's "Blizzard's problem"

Have fun getting hacked over and over and over again...

Remember, it's COMPLETELY FREE if you have a smart phone and 6.50 plus nothing if you order it out of the blizzard store. Free tax free shipping, they make it about as cheap as they can without giving it away.

This^

Yepp!
This item is not supported for your device.
BlackBerry 9780
Carrier: Total Access Communication(TH)

i cant download the apps for the authenticator. Is there an alternative way for me to download it to my blackberry?
It happened to me too this morning. The initial response from Blizzard was fast. They gave me the copy and pasted message for a limited rollback. I answered yes, but still haven't gotten a response from that.

I just ordered the authenticator. I never thought I would have to though. Just wondering, I've never played WOW, but was this problem that widespread on there?
I didn't abuse any bug in game. I didn't do anything wrong.
Yupp, I lost my items without Blizzard noticing anyone being on my account...

Nothing from a blue?
Hijackthis is reporting nothing out of the ordinary.
Malwarebytes anti-malware detected nothing out of the ordinary.
ad-ware reported nothing unusual.

I expected this though. So if my computer is fine and my passwords aren't on my computer and I don't have a keylogger but my account was still compromised how can I possibly enjoy this game without spending an additional $6.50 to fix Blizzard's security shortcomings?
Edited by viscrom#1983 on 5/19/2012 1:32 PM PDT
Thats because there was no one on our accounts, its just a huge bug that only some people are getting.
- Technical Support
View profile
Blizzard has been hacked. They need to release a statement saying they have been hacked.

From the support ticket...
"I do see that there was unauthorized access to your account. We can help, and we will - if you want us to. "

I guess it is a good thing Blizzard is getting hacked before Real Money Market goes live.

Your account was accessed from an outside IP address. So far, Blizzard has not been hacked. All compromises (WoW accounts prior to this) have been at the user end where login details were stolen one way or another. If they were compromised at the server end we would see a LOT more players across D3 and WoW screaming yet the WoW forums are silent. We can only wait on a formal answer I suppose but your scenario is very unlikely.
Same problem here. I woke up to see all my items and gold gone, and a lvl 1 named asdasd in my recent player list. My friend told me someone logged into my account early in the morning. Left me toon at tristrem on normal.
Blizzard has been hacked. They need to release a statement saying they have been hacked.

From the support ticket...
"I do see that there was unauthorized access to your account. We can help, and we will - if you want us to. "

I guess it is a good thing Blizzard is getting hacked before Real Money Market goes live.

Did you even read the support ticket? You were hacked and they got your stuff simple as that - ask them to rollback. Unlikely Blizzards fault there mate.
Add me to the list of people that have been compromised this morning. I, like many in this thread, did not have an authenticator at the time. I've now installed that considering the information must not be as safe as I had hoped.

I've not got a response back from my ticket though, hopefully it will be soon.
I was hacked this morning as well. And though the forums may be silent, that doesnt mean the problem isnt a large spread issue...not everyone is vocal about the problems they have in-game.
I have to ask you guys, is the game anyway enjoyable anymore? I don't want to play it at all currently cause it feels I'm going to be ripped off again. And the real auction house is crossed over my list and now all my mates.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]