Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

When I logged back in, there was a person on my friends list named Leiyong. This person was a level one monk. I joined the game and there were several people goin in and out of the game losing their gear and then leaving the game. That is when I sent my ticket in.

People are getting hacked. But it is a very large coincidence that this is all happening right after the service update from this morning, but I don't believe they have any correlation.

Yeah, that person is on my list too!
One person reported they got a rollback earlier in the thread.

He dropped from level 26 to 12 and lost more than he got stolen from him then support told him they cannot undo the rollback.

Yea im scared that the roll back is goin to set me back pretty bad, since i leveled extremely quickly and would hate to be in a worse situation then before
ummm.. i guess its because they cannot rollback to a specific time...

i'm scared that i had requested a roll back now
- Technical Support
View profile
To help some folks who are confused -

Billing and Tech support (reachable by phone) can only help you get back in to your account if they changed your password. They can not restore your items.

If your PC is secure and you have account access, then submit a ticket to get items restored. That is a GM function and you can not call them to have it done.
Im currently extremely upset and I found the Leiyong guy, I added him, for some reason he accepted. I'm currently afk in his game watching other people come and go. Occasionally i'll ask what happened to my items but no response or movement from him so i'm inclined to think that it's a bot.
Blizzard, you really need to make some kind of accouncement about this and what options we do. regardless of who's fault it is (either we got hacked, or battlenet got hacked), you need to clearly tell us what we can do.

this seems like it has affected a large number of your clients.
I refuse to believe we all got individually hacked. That !@#$ is bull%^-*.
Exact same guy invited me. Level 1 monk named Leiyong with a random 58 barb in the party. All happened after my info got changed, all my gear/gold stripped and I then recovered it. No answer he just stood there.
Holy mother of god.

I love that people are assuming this is a Blizzard problem, and that they are special and unique snowflakes.

Go to the WoW CS forum. People post about this all the time. Every one of them is a "software engineer", "security expert" or "ex-hacker". Every single time they are convinced that Blizzard has been compromised. Every single time they are proven wrong.

Were a lot of people hacked? Yes.

Is this surprising during launch week of a huge Battle.net game that will eventually involve real-money transactions? Not at all.
One person reported they got a rollback earlier in the thread.

He dropped from level 26 to 12 and lost more than he got stolen from him then support told him they cannot undo the rollback.

You dont have to purchase an authenticator if you have a smart phone (meaning, my authenticator app was completely free.)

Just because I hadnt been hacked in the past isnt a large enough reason for me to not properly secure my account to the best of my ability. I've been reading the thread, and while your post supplies information for hackers to get in by other means, you don't 100% have an answer for what is occurring at this point in time.

Having an authenticator is another step to preventing unauthorized account access...whether people were actually hacked or if its a server issue isnt positively known at this time...correct me if im wrong.
- Technical Support
View profile
That is what a lot of WoW players said too :/

My best guess? They have been collecting battle.net log in information for some time via phishing emails, keyloggers, etc. They waited until today to roll out the gold stealing and selling operation. Remember, this is a large and well organized group of criminals that does this.

We just need Bliz to state something formally.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 5/19/2012 3:42 PM PDT
How the hell did I get hacked when the Costumer Support tells me no one has used my account - and why should I pay money or use an extra security measure when it's clearly not working!?

It's weird from Blizzards stand point...
I'm sorry what? If information is correct, and users got hacked with authenticators, there is more that is going on than meets the eye. Also it is not a coincidence of the timing of the event. I guess I 'm not understanding how my gold dissapeared in the 10 seconds i was offline during the rolling restarts.
I logged into find my characters equipment, gold and, stash gone. At first I thought I had been hacked except my account password was not changed and also a lot more of the campaign had been done then where I was at last night except my character is the same level at the same point on the experience bar as he was yesterday. On top of all this the parts of the map that I have explore have all reverted back to unexplored.
How the hell did I get hacked when the Costumer Support tells me no one has used my account - and why should I pay money or use an extra security measure when it's clearly not working!?

It's weird from Blizzards stand point...

There's one poster here claiming to have an authenticator that was subverted. Though this is possible, it's highly unlikely, and I'd like to actually see a blue confirmation that there's a specific compromise tactic that's targeting authenticators (beyond the really obvious one that's already known for WoW).

Except for a handful of cases, the authenticator has been a practically foolproof way of protecting your Battle.net account. They don't make money on them. They don't have to even provide the service.
Everyone getting hacked cant be a coincidence. I already confronted the guy who hacked me, but haven't gotten a response about it yet from tech support.
Asdasd#3203 took all my gear, and I quick joined him later and watched him do this to 4 others unfortunately. I have never had an issue with hacking before and have only ever played coop with my brother, been waiting 4 hours for a rollback hope it doesnt go too far back, as Im level 51 and just beat diablo on nightmare.

Think we need to keep this post updated to let people know how big of an issue this is, I saw 4 others get hacked and only 1 has logged on since, gonna be a lot more people upset tonight when they log in and see all their gear is gone.
same here, my password was not changed but all money and items are gone
Also if this was some sort of large scale operation where they tracked logins through various means and just decided to roll it out. Why would they do so now, revealing themselves at a time when really, there is nothing that good out there, and not much gold to steal. Sounds stupid to play such a powerful card so early in the game when they could wait months and really do some damage.

Doesn't make sense.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]