Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

When I logged back in, there was a person on my friends list named Leiyong. This person was a level one monk. I joined the game and there were several people goin in and out of the game losing their gear and then leaving the game. That is when I sent my ticket in.

People are getting hacked. But it is a very large coincidence that this is all happening right after the service update from this morning, but I don't believe they have any correlation.

Yeah, that person is on my list too!

he was also on my account
Exactly failtree.

You know what makes sense? A couple of dudes who figured out an exploit in the most vulnerable area of the system (AH) and then went on a feeding frenzy to consume as much gold as they can before it gets patched.

My items aren't even gone and my password wasn't changed nor were my level 35+ hardcore characters killed. This was an in/out operation to just get my gold and get out, then move onto the next account.
Edited by viscrom#1983 on 5/19/2012 3:50 PM PDT
05/19/2012 05:57 AMPosted by GORGUZZ
This really sucks, I had all this gear lost too. I hope we can get it all back! arghhh all this time farming for nothing lol.

4 days at the most. i bet you feel like you lost TONSSS of time farming. amiright?
05/19/2012 03:51 PMPosted by zKrieg
This really sucks, I had all this gear lost too. I hope we can get it all back! arghhh all this time farming for nothing lol.

4 days at the most. i bet you feel like you lost TONSSS of time farming. amiright?

I don't think anyone of us really care about losing 30k, 150k, or even a million+ gold. We only care to know that all of the time we invest in the game might be instantly removed from us and then be told we're liars and imbeciles by Blizzard reps.
Yah same, people are reporting items but wasn't the case for me. Just about 10 k gold ( LOL ).

Also I noticed this personally as I was on last night during the rolling restarts. I was kciked frmo bnet and was able to log back in instantaneously, 15 minutes after Iw as kicked again and logged back in, somewhere in that time frame all my gold went missing as after I logged in the second time is when I noticed it all gone.
What is most annoying is that they can just do this again and all farming is back to square one.

We all get frustrated and loose hope in this game.
Blizzard looses money as people don't trust them to put their money up.

Everyone losses - yeah except the hackers...

Fantastic....
05/19/2012 03:52 PMPosted by fremd

I don't think anyone of us really care about losing 30k, 150k, or even a million+ gold. We only care to know that all of the time we invest in the game might be instantly removed from us and then be told we're liars and imbeciles by Blizzard reps.

Pretty much this. Although I will be completely abandoning my level 48 monk now complete with zero gear until I get a rollback or some kind of fix.
I have 37 hours logged into my character, so yes I do feel that I lost a large amount of time to this crap. I also agree, these guys found an exploit and pounced on it, didnt want to wait for blizzard to sniff it out and fix it, they can just horde our gear and sell it later or on an outta game market.
Yeah, I don't care about the 30 hours I've put in, it's been fun but I want to keep playing...But knowing that there is nothing to prevent this to happen again in the future makes it all redundant....
@Pharro,

That is a great example of what I was talking about in this post:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149008104?page=12#232

That quote basically takes exactly what I wrote and then converted it into a real world example of how it's possible to login without knowing someone's password (READ: your authenticator is not going to save you).
Edited by viscrom#1983 on 5/19/2012 3:57 PM PDT
4 days after release and people are already getting hacked.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Good job with an amazing game, Blizzard. Took SOOO long to develop and it's ALREADY hacked!
Could it be that everyone who has posted something here has been in contact iwth the Auction house?

I bidded, bought out and put stuff on there before I lost all my gold.

Costumer Support said no one but my IP connected to my diablo account.
Why is there no blue sticky about this or anything ? !@#$ , pretty much what I 've come to expect from Blizzard now I guess,.
That could be a common denominator in this, as I had just earlier yesterday posted my first items on the AH .
05/19/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Richard
Asdasd#3203 took all my gear, and I quick joined him later and watched him do this to 4 others unfortunately. I have never had an issue with hacking before and have only ever played coop with my brother, been waiting 4 hours for a rollback hope it doesnt go too far back, as Im level 51 and just beat diablo on nightmare.

I was hacked by the same person. I think asdasd is a bot for this guy named Vayne, I already confronted him over it, and he just logged out.
Edited by Rocknocka#1954 on 5/19/2012 4:06 PM PDT
05/19/2012 04:04 PMPosted by FaiLTrEE
That could be a common denominator in this, as I had just earlier yesterday posted my first items on the AH .

Anyone else can confirm this hypothesis?
Is there anybody who has lost their gold / items and who has been told that nobody accessed their account while also having people they don't remember playing with on their friends list?

Because if that were to be a case, it would seem really suspicious. I kind of wish we would get some more blue input on this that isn't a few posts about purchasing an authenticator, as it seems there are some who have that who also were compromised. As I haven't had any account information of mine stolen for 10+ years, it is strange that suddenly in this game it would happen. I also don't like being told that I need an authenticator to have proper security. Literally no other online game I have played uses such a thing, and they've all been fine. It's just Diablo 3.

EDIT: I have posted items in the AH. And... actually, the items I posted are gone now, apparently stolen as well (not sure why, they were pretty bad). Probably a long shot, but what if it has something to do with items on the AH expiring?
Edited by Bort#1599 on 5/19/2012 4:10 PM PDT
Is there anybody who has lost their gold / items and who has been told that nobody accessed their account while also having people they don't remember playing with on their friends list?

Because if that were to be a case, it would seem really suspicious. I kind of wish we would get some more blue input on this that isn't a few posts about purchasing an authenticator, as it seems there are some who have that who also were compromised. As I haven't had any account information of mine stolen for 10+ years, it is strange that suddenly in this game it would happen. I also don't like being told that I need an authenticator to have proper security. Literally no other online game I have played uses such a thing, and they've all been fine. It's just Diablo 3.

Exactly the same here. But who knows? Real money is involved now..
perhaps the flaw was in the AH also. Yes i also used the AH alot in the past 3 days.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]