Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

@GORGUZZ,
That's the exact response I got too. I asked for the accounts the gold was moved to but support wouldn't supply that info.

He also won't confirm or deny that it's a game bug. The only thing they will do is rollback the account but if you use your restoration now, there's a very good chance you won't be able to do it in the future.

Support can't (and shouldn't) provide you with other account information.

And pick the more likely scenario:

A) There was a specific bug on the servers that only attacked certain accounts, wiping them clean of all their possessions.

or

B) You got hacked.
True, ahh but its too late.

Im just annoyed it happened to me.

How does it actually work thought?

When I log in next time, it will be back before the rolling restarts happened so I have all my gear and gold?
It might be B but you have to understand a few things.

1. My e-mail account associated to bnet is not used for anything else.
2. My password was (I changed it) something that I never use anywhere.
3. I didn't share my account with anyone.
4. The only person who knows my secret question answer is a blizz rep who asked for it on the phone when I needed to confirm if an order was placed.
5. Over a decade on the computer, and I have never been "hacked" in any game.
6. My Paypal and other money related services are untouched.
7. No one has access to my physical computer except me.
8. None of my items were touched.
9. I only have 2 HC chars (37 and 35) on my account and both of them are alive still.

What kind of "hacker" kindly only takes my gold but not my items and then doesn't slay my HC chars?
It might be B but you have to understand a few things.

1. My e-mail account associated to bnet is not used for anything else.
2. My password was (I changed it) something that I never use anywhere.
3. I didn't share my account with anyone.
4. The only person who knows my secret question answer is a blizz rep who asked for it on the phone when I needed to confirm if an order was placed.
5. Over a decade on the computer, and I have never been "hacked" in any game.
6. My Paypal and other money related services are untouched.
7. No one has access to my physical computer except me.
8. None of my items were touched.
9. I only have 2 HC chars (37 and 35) on my account and both of them are alive still.

What kind of "hacker" kindly only takes my gold but not my items and then doesn't slay my HC chars?

Hacker behavior isn't universal.

As someone who is clearly concerned with security, you should be aware that no system is 100% safe, and that Blizzard games are a huge target for hackers. Get an authenticator. Then you can be confused when stuff goes missing.
Yep Happen to me, And the Restoration/Rollback Made things Worst!!!!

I Logged in Yesterday After only playing 2 times! with Only Real Life Friends, No public games.

I was lvl 26 with my Wizard. and i had Muled Some gear to only lvl 1 toons Witch was not touched i still had the gear on those Mules.

The only thing that was effected was my lvl 26 Wizard. All the Gold and Gear was Gone! After contacting Blizzard they Told me i was Hacked, No Freaking Way i was hacked, No one on Bnet Knows who i was! i never played any public games!
And in 12 years of Playing online games i have never ever Been Hacked This has to be a BUG and they dont want to admit to it.

So i oped to do the Rollback, and it made everything Worst!
Not only did i loose all my gear now. my lvl 26 Wizard is lvl 12!! and i also lost all the Gear that i muled to other toons!

So i contacted Blizz again and told them to Just undo the roll, i would rather be lvl 26 with nothing then lvl 12 with the lvl 12 crap that i had because i only had 2K in gold anyway now...
And they told me they could not undo the re-roll, So im just Screwed.

Way to go Blizz keep pissing people off. your a pro at it.

You don't get compromised by people playing with you on Battle.net. You get compromised by a third party getting your login information through phishing or through malware/viruses.

Stop blaming Blizzard for your lack of security, and start taking responsibility for your account.
I already spent $65.16 USD on the game. Why should I be forced to pay an additional $6.50+tax to play the game? If I do the rollback I will be forced to buy one just to use the rmah (according to support).

I've played at least 10 F2P mmos over the years and countless other games. Never got hacked once and I used less secure passwords and my "spam" e-mail account.
YAYYY got my gear and money back.
I already spent $65.16 USD on the game. Why should I be forced to pay an additional $6.50+tax to play the game? If I do the rollback I will be forced to buy one just to use the rmah (according to support).

I've played at least 10 F2P mmos over the years and countless other games. Never got hacked once and I used less secure passwords and my "spam" e-mail account.

You don't have to spend that money to play the game. You're welcome to play without an authenticator. Of course, you need one to access the RMAH because that's the only way to prevent hackers from taking over accounts and stealing something that's actually worth money.

And again, hackers target Blizzard games for a reason. You can't make a profit off of other games through hacking. And I don't care how secure your browsing habits are. No one has perfect security.
I used to play wow and had played sc2 too. Never had a problem with them. The fact that they won't release any info to me or even confirm if it's a bug or not is pretty disappointing.

This is like saying "sorry, your kid was just shot in the face but we won't tell you who did it". Obviously the situation isn't as dire as I only lost ~150k in a video game but all support is doing is giving me automated responses instead of trying to help support the problem.
Happened to me too i think i got hacked newly bought 1hand bow gold 100k+ gone all my other items are intact gone i don't care if they restore it or not i just want justice!!! the last recent name of in my friendlist is "cvbcv"
I used to play wow and had played sc2 too. Never had a problem with them. The fact that they won't release any info to me or even confirm if it's a bug or not is pretty disappointing.

This is like saying "sorry, your kid was just shot in the face but we won't tell you who did it". Obviously the situation isn't as dire as I only lost ~150k in a video game but all support is doing is giving me automated responses instead of trying to help support the problem.

Bad analogy is bad.

What are you going to do with the names of the accounts? Friend them to death?

The only thing that Blizzard can do for you is restore your account. I really don't know what else you expect.
A recent friend on my list was "ari" so I guess my account was hacked. That can only mean I joined a game and then that person joined it.

If they were level 1 that would explain why I was logged in the start of act 1.

The thing I don't understand is why wasn't my items taken? This seems like a bulk job to me. They didn't want to waste time looking through or trading items. They just took the easy gold and moved on.

This could definitely mean there was some type of compromise on blizzard's end.
Ha! Lack of " lack of security" you have no idea who i am. I have been playing online games for Years And never had a problem before with my "Security" With Any online game! Not Even with any of my Diablo 2 accounts some over 7 years Old! and they Game had more hacks/bots/Exploits Or whatever else you wana call them!

But with a Brand new game only being out for 2 days prior to this happening to me you think its my fault?
As far as Security goes on this account. I have a 10 digits Random Password with both Numbers and letters, AND! the Blizz Authenticator On my HTC Evo Shift Android phone. AND! SmS Txt Messing!!!! But i Still got "Hack" Right......

You got compromised with an authenticator attached to your account?

Sounds like you should get in touch with support right away and provide some really good details, because that's happened literally one time since authenticators were introduced.
90 Orc Hunter
But but but Blizz fanboys told us that we were totally safe with the online only drm forced on us. I thought the fanboys told us the game was unhackable. Well you reap what you sow
Ha! Lack of " lack of security" you have no idea who i am. I have been playing online games for Years And never had a problem before with my "Security" With Any online game! Not Even with any of my Diablo 2 accounts some over 7 years Old! and they Game had more hacks/bots/Exploits Or whatever else you wana call them!

But with a Brand new game only being out for 2 days prior to this happening to me you think its my fault?
As far as Security goes on this account. I have a 10 digits Random Password with both Numbers and letters, AND! the Blizz Authenticator On my HTC Evo Shift Android phone. AND! SmS Txt Messing!!!! But i Still got "Hack" Right......

You got compromised with an authenticator attached to your account?

Sounds like you should get in touch with support right away and provide some really good details, because that's happened literally one time since authenticators were introduced.

actually their has been a bout a dozen almost confirmed cases of it happening
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]