Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

about the rollback, can someone clarify approx how far back they go? i dont want it to be TOO far back. like 10 hours ago, 24 hrs , 48 hrs??
Ive been waiting over 6 hrs for mine dunno how far they will go, hopefully not too far, cause I just had dropped diablo in nightmare.
05/19/2012 05:53 PMPosted by geminihc
about the rollback, can someone clarify approx how far back they go? i dont want it to be TOO far back. like 10 hours ago, 24 hrs , 48 hrs??

Supposedly varies. Doubt it would be 48 hours but I think it's possible to lose a whole days worth of work.
almost 6 hours since i gave permission to rollback, and i even gave detailed explanations.
and i understand because d3 is a free to play game the customer support system isn't the best, honestly i woudn't mind if they charged $ for d3, if it means speediers services, more contents and updates
Over 6 hours since I gave permission. I'm thinking on just canceling my ticket.
View profile
05/19/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Xeren
Over 6 hours since I gave permission. I'm thinking on just canceling my ticket.

if you cancel that just mean's you letting them win. which isn't cool :(.
im be at 12 hours soon, so looks like you and me aint playing tonight. least im not the only one missing out a whole day of playing.
Logged in an hour ago to find my lvl42 WD naked - all stashed items and gold were gone too.
My low lvl monk did not lose anything. (Last login was only 8hours ago and there is no suspicious lvl1 xxxxx named people on my recently joined list)

Very worrying - waiting for support to reply my ticket...
ME: Logged out last night aeound 4:30am mountain time. Logged in at 5:40pm all my stuff is gone.After logging out at around 4:30am mount time last night, I next logged in at around 5:40pm mountain time and saw all my gold and items were gone. Please help.

Them: Greetings,Thank you for contacting the Game Master Staff, and I apologize for the delay in answering your ticket.It does appear your account was compromised by a 3rd party, and we have gone ahead and restored your account to it's state prior to the compromise!However, it is higly encourage that your take a moment to review our Compromised Diablo III Account support page to read about our policies:(<http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account>)If you need any additional help securing your account, please let us know!Sincerely, Game Master TirenacusCustomer ServicesBlizzard Entertainmentwww.blizzard.com/support

Then my lvl 55 WD was lvl 48 and was missing most of the good stuff anyways cause i got it in the lvl 48-55 range.....
05/19/2012 06:17 PMPosted by lightcloud
im be at 12 hours soon, so looks like you and me aint playing tonight. least im not the only one missing out a whole day of playing.

I've been playing a tiny bit today. Got a wizard to act 2 and already made 40k gold so almost half of the gold I lost I made back so I'm thinking of just leveling a wizard and getting gear for my barbarian back in the mean time instead of restoring the account.
One thing I just noticed is that I am selling items in the auction house and two items sold, and the money is still there (hasn't been sent to stash yet). Also, it still shows that all of my items are still "for sale" (with the exception of the two that have already been purchased).
Ok, last time attempting to drill this into people's skulls:

1. In the entire history of Battle.net, there has never been a compromise on Blizzard's end. Not once. Never. Ever. Ever.

2. Every time someone has claimed that they couldn't possibly have been compromised on their end (after proceeding to reel off some ridiculous list of qualifications), it has always been found that the compromise occurred clientside.

3. Finally, and most importantly, Blizzard is legally required to report any breaches of their security as soon as they are discovered. I'll say that again so that you really get it. They are legally required to report any breaches of their security as soon as they are discovered. Legally required. Legally. Required.

Stop with the silly conspiracy theories. Stop with the arrogance about your impregnable fortress of a computer. Just stop.
Ok, last time attempting to drill this into people's skulls:

1. In the entire history of Battle.net, there has never been a compromise on Blizzard's end. Not once. Never. Ever. Ever.

2. Every time someone has claimed that they couldn't possibly have been compromised on their end (after proceeding to reel off some ridiculous list of qualifications), it has always been found that the compromise occurred clientside.

3. Finally, and most importantly, Blizzard is legally required to report any breaches of their security as soon as they are discovered. I'll say that again so that you really get it. They are legally required to report any breaches of their security as soon as they are discovered. Legally required. Legally. Required.

Stop with the silly conspiracy theories. Stop with the arrogance about your impregnable fortress of a computer. Just stop.

I agree, but considering all of that, and the fact that it happened to so many people at the same time makes me think it's a bug. What do you think?
Then my lvl 55 WD was lvl 48 and was missing most of the good stuff anyways cause i got it in the lvl 48-55 range.....[/quote]

are you fking serious?? a rollback took off 8 levels????
05/19/2012 06:31 PMPosted by zheng
Then my lvl 55 WD was lvl 48 and was missing most of the good stuff anyways cause i got it in the lvl 48-55 range.....

are you fking serious?? a rollback took off 8 levels????[/quote]

no way... I'm going to be really mad. Seriously ready to get all annoying on the phone with blizzard. This ain't okay.
What did you think would happen.

Also its very interesting what hte above poster mentioned that when they logged back in they were logged into a pack of mobs naked. It just goes to show my theory that somehow they just .. stripped characters without even logging them in.
Blizzard is morally required, not legally required, to tell its customers of a breach due to the lack of access to financial information (such as bank account numbers) or specific identification information (such as social security number).

There have been numerous court cases where the plaintiff would motion that the defendant (a company who didn't release data breach information) should have action taken against them, but the court ruled in the defendant's favor.

That being said... Shush, Nerevarine. It's more-than-likely an issue on Blizzard's end--whether it be a compromise issue or a bug.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]