Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

@Dalen,

Not everyone is an idiot though. I never once had an anti-virus running on my computer in the background. All I have is a hardware firewall and my wits. I can count the number of times I had a virus or malware problem over a decade on a few fingers, some of which I know were my fault. I also never had a single game or forum account compromised in my ENTIRE LIFE and trust me on this please, I've had A TON.

There was only 1 occurrence that had me completely baffled but it was one of those malicious pieces of malware that replicated about 50 random services and spammed your entire computer with ads. I forgot the name of it, but it was like 3 years ago.

I've had Windows 7 installed for 22 months now and today was the first time I ran any type of anti-malware software. Between the 3 applications I used, they found 0 infected files or warnings. My computer has been running like a champion since I installed 7 (no random slow downs or strange problems).
05/19/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Nema
It's too big to be some plan of a douche somewhere. My bet is a huge bug.

We weren't hacked "at the same time," but consecutively. It's possible it was a bot, but I think it was a real person doing it. My reason for thinking that is that most of my worthless 1-spacer items remain in my inventory, and I seem to have reset my password just before he was done because only a few items remained in the first panel of my stash, while my second tab was intact if I remember correctly.
- Technical Support
View profile
05/19/2012 07:00 PMPosted by fremd
It is a good chance to educate folks about why gold buying is bad and about how to handle computer and account security.

This sounds like you're accusing us of all buying gold and try to come off as some type of security expert who apparently has played a lot of WoW?

How can that be perceived in any other way.

Ah...I am sorry. I am so used to the WoW world where they preach "buying gold creates a market that bad guys will exploit. They steal accounts and gold to sell. So those people who buy it drive the hackers." I did not realize someone might take it otherwise. I was really just reminding folks that the hackers took it to sell. I was not trying to say anyone here was trying to buy it!
now I want to buy gold, I can hardly play the game with all my gear gone...
Can we get a BLUE POST please?! this is infuriating.
Yah this no blue post bull!@#$ is ridiculous, everything about this game in how its been managed in terms of server stability, customer servvice has been atrocious.
I just checked and my companions all have their gear still. Anyone lose those?
- Technical Support
View profile
There was a generic blue asking folks to secure the PCs and submit a restoration ticket but nothing that really showed an investigation of the issue :/
81 Undead Hunter
*we are aware of the situation but do not intend to do anything about it. Oh and buy an authenticator.*
05/19/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Nema

I still have all of my gear from my companions as well, this was one of the first things I checked.
Has anyone been playing? I havent even touched my account since it clearly states to not use your toon after you have been compromised, i havent even had a reply on my game ticket.
05/19/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Nema

No one ever gives companions anything good. Don't you like to play with other people?
All I need to be a happy customer again is some gold so i can get some level appropriate gear so I can play the game. The restoration would be great, but it seems that we will lose a lot of levels from it.

sigh
05/19/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Varcharten

No one ever gives companions anything good. Don't you like to play with other people?

Anything is good right now, with no gear i do 8.62 dps hahahaha
05/19/2012 07:24 PMPosted by jdo8700
Has anyone been playing? I havent even touched my account since it clearly states to not use your toon after you have been compromised, i havent even had a reply on my game ticket.

No, I signed in a few times just to make sure my account state didn't get worse (it didn't get worse) but that's it.

I've lost all motivation to play knowing that any point in time my account can be logged in by someone else and they can steal my gold, items and potentially kill my HC characters without me being a tard.
05/19/2012 07:24 PMPosted by jdo8700

I have a little bit got a wizard to act 2. They said you may lose any progress you made but getting to act 2 on a wizard takes no time and was just mostly to fiddle around.
Just gonna go ahead and add my voice to the masses. Sat down after a long, hard day excited to play and BAM went from Act II to the midpoint of Act I with all my gold and items gone.

Glad to see it wasn't just me, so hopefully this gets fixed and addressed.
this.
05/19/2012 07:27 PMPosted by fremd

No, I signed in a few times just to make sure my account state didn't get worse (it didn't get worse) but that's it.

I've lost all motivation to play knowing that any point in time my account can be logged in by someone else and they can steal my gold, items and potentially kill my HC characters without me being a tard.

YES! I also feel like any playing I do now will be futile.
@Abscent,
Did you even read the thread? There are multiple people who had their account compromised and they have an authenticator.

Also if you read my longer post from a little bit ago:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149008104?page=12#232

You'll clearly see that there are ways to login as a user WITHOUT even knowing their password, AKA your authenticator will do NOTHING to stop it.

EDIT:
You edited your post, so I'm editing mine too. Do you see what happened here? You've never been hacked in 10+ years and now suddenly you were hacked in a brand new game and you've shelled out $ for an authenticator.

Your lack of knowledge on the subject (no offense) is costing you money. You just got tricked into buying something that's likely not going to help you.

You're right; an authenticator will not stop somebody from gaining your user name and password via phishing methods or a clever little keylogger. It does, however, go a long way to keep somebody from logging into your account once they have it. It's not 100%, but please stop trying to blame Blizzard. They are obligated by law to inform all users of a system-wide compromise, and to this date that has never happened. Authenticators are not a waste of money, and Blizzard does not profit off of them. Your misconceptions are astoundingly inaccurate. Please do not risk spreading this misinformation any further.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]