Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

05/19/2012 07:27 PMPosted by fremd
Has anyone been playing? I havent even touched my account since it clearly states to not use your toon after you have been compromised, i havent even had a reply on my game ticket.

No, I signed in a few times just to make sure my account state didn't get worse (it didn't get worse) but that's it.

I've lost all motivation to play knowing that any point in time my account can be logged in by someone else and they can steal my gold, items and potentially kill my HC characters without me being a tard.

YES! I also feel like any playing I do now will be futile.
81 Undead Hunter
So much for not letting me play the game offline.

now with the RMAH, there will be 10000X more gold hackers.
I'm not affected, but I wouldn't be surprised if most people with this issue were hit by a bug. I'm still missing some achievements that were obtained before earlier server wipes. It was early, so it's not a huge deal to reacquire them. Still, given that, it wouldn't surprise me if there was an issue of some sort with a maintenance wiping things it should not.

I'm sure a few people have been compromised, but this is an awful lot and all at once for it to explain all of them.

I hope something is worked out for you guys and you're able to get back killing demons soon =(
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 5/19/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Hey, check if you have someone new in your recent played with list. It's usually a low level player.

That's the hacker, please report them and hope blizzard bans their account.
I am affected as well. Sucks when I made quite a bit of progress last night. 7 hours between logging in and everything is gone.
I have an unknown friend in the list "leiyong:.. seems familiar in some of the posts I have read. That should be the hacker

You're right; an authenticator will not stop somebody from gaining your user name and password via phishing methods or a clever little keylogger. It does, however, go a long way to keep somebody from logging into your account once they have it. It's not 100%, but please stop trying to blame Blizzard. They are obligated by law to inform all users of a system-wide compromise, and to this date that has never happened. Authenticators are not a waste of money, and Blizzard does not profit off of them. Your misconceptions are astoundingly inaccurate. Please do not risk spreading this misinformation any further.

Umm what? How do you report something that you're not aware of?

Also what are your thoughts on this?
http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/02/profit-from-blizzard-authenticators.html

Apparently Blizzard is rolling in profit from the authenticators. I'm not going to say that as fact because I spent a grand total of 8 seconds Googling for that article then about 2 minutes skimming the article.

His numbers seem pretty accurate though. I know someone who sells his own physical product. He gets the product made + shipped from China to the US for 47 cents each unit in 10,000 unit crates. He sells the product for $4.99. Retail markup is ridiculous, and it's even worse for more popular products.
Lost all motivation to play now
i lost 300k but no items
Look at server maybe your in Europe by accident
i lost my gold but not my items also
Blizzard Employee
If your characters are missing, please double check what region you're logging in to by clicking on Options and checking under the Account section before logging in. There is a bug that may change what region you're defaulted to, and thus it may appears your characters are missing when in fact they're on a different region.
Edited by Bashiok on 5/19/2012 8:04 PM PDT

You're right; an authenticator will not stop somebody from gaining your user name and password via phishing methods or a clever little keylogger. It does, however, go a long way to keep somebody from logging into your account once they have it. It's not 100%, but please stop trying to blame Blizzard. They are obligated by law to inform all users of a system-wide compromise, and to this date that has never happened. Authenticators are not a waste of money, and Blizzard does not profit off of them. Your misconceptions are astoundingly inaccurate. Please do not risk spreading this misinformation any further.

While I agree Blizzard isnt trying to sell authenticators(they always mention free alternatives first), its kind of silly to think Blizzard would put out a notice right when they start to suspect something 'phishy'. Theyd likely wait a few months and explain the delay as "internal investigations" when the real reason would to be to avoid bad PR so close to launch.

Theyre a business first, they care more about looking good to their investors than they do about a few customers who get screwed.
Yeah, I also had "leiyong" under my recently played. Along with someone named "Sucket."
What to Do now? my items and gold are gone.... Anyone?
Leiyong also under my recently played...
Edited by UnUsUaL#6250 on 5/19/2012 8:05 PM PDT
05/19/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Sevith
Yeah, I also had "leiyong" under my recently played. Along with someone named "Sucket."

leiyong here, as well.
After putting ~20 hours into this game, getting to level 48 and fully enjoying my experience more than any other game I have ever played, I log in to find all of my equipped items gone. My stash is emptied, with the items now in my inventory. I have never hacked, shared account details, visited potentially harmful websites/links, or done anything besides make my account and play the game.

To reiterate, ALL of my equipped items are now gone. ALL of my items from my stash are now in my inventory for some strange reason. I don't believe that I was hacked due to the reasons stated above, I believe this is a glitch on YOUR part, a bug in your game or some "fix" to try and do who the hell knows what. I have seen on the forums that a very large amount of individuals have had the same problem that I have had, and the only blue response I have seen was "buy an authenticator".

This is bull $%!#. I hope that this ticked invokes a real response and I get a true fix to the damage done to my character and my overall experience with the game.

53 minutes ago
Sephykia
Customer Service Representative
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Customer Support regarding restoration for your Diablo III account.

I can confirm that the account was compromised. Restorations for Diablo III accounts are limited, and we cannot guarantee the availability of future restorations after one is performed. Because of this, we require your approval to use a limited restoration to address this situation. If you would like us to proceed, please respond to this ticket and clearly tell us that you would like to use a limited restoration. If you do not respond, no restoration will be made for this issue.

Any progress made since the compromise may be lost when the restoration is performed. For additional information on how compromise restorations are handled for Diablo III accounts, see (http://www.battle.net/support/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account).

Note: After the first compromise restoration occurs on a Battle.net account, that account's access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be restricted until an authenticator is attached. If the account is compromised a second time, access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be permanently revoked. For more information on authenticators, see (http://www.battle.net/support/article/battle-net-authenticator-faq).

Account security is critically important. To help protect your account, we recommend following the Security Checklist (http://www.battle.net/security/checklist) on our Account Security site (http://www.battle.net/security/).

If you have further questions, please reply to this ticket. If you prefer to speak to a representative directly, please see our contact information (http://www.battle.net/support/article/contact).

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in Diablo III!

Sincerely,

Sephykia
Game Master
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
I really feel bad for all the people this has happened to. I agree that it sounds like some type of bug on Blizzard's end (for most of the people anyway).

It hasn't happened to me, but I think I might have noticed a trend. I read through all 24 pages and other than the common recent played people, what about what level you all were on?

I mean, I saw a lot of people say they were on Nightmare when it happened. Anyone not on Nightmare when they got hacked/bugged/duped/whatever? Just trying to throw out a possible guess.
I really feel bad for all the people this has happened to. I agree that it sounds like some type of bug on Blizzard's end (for most of the people anyway).

It hasn't happened to me, but I think I might have noticed a trend. I read through all 24 pages and other than the common recent played people, what about what level you all were on?

I mean, I saw a lot of people say they were on Nightmare when it happened. Anyone not on Nightmare when they got hacked/bugged/duped/whatever? Just trying to throw out a possible guess.

Mine was a level 56 barbarian in Act 2 hell. Others in the thread varied through difficulties also.
I was on normal, but like everyone else, I was in Act II and got moved to the halfway point of Act I.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]