Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

I logged in this morning and only my main character (the one I was playing last night) lost all their gear + all gold.

All my other characters are fine and my stash is intact.

This leads me to believe that this could only be a failure on Blizzard, a database issue. I've submitted a trouble ticket.

Again, what's more likely?

A) A "database issue" that only affects one character on one account out of hundreds of thousands of players.

or

B) You got hacked.
Had this happen to me today. Logged out last night in Act 1 Nightmare w/ about 120k just before a server reboot. Logged in this morning to find my guy in Act 1 Normal with 0 gold. None of my items touched. Just gold.

I did happen to look at the Gold Auction House last night for the first time. My stupid authenticator has still not arrived.

Submitted a ticket this morning.
@TheLadiesMan ,
Are there any unknown players in your "recent players" list?

Also I should add too that my last action last night was using the AH.
I did not look. Will Check when I get home.
My situation is identical to everyone posting here, so I imagine the same thing is causing the issue for all of us.

I have not gotten a response to my ticket yet, but I added a link to this thread so maybe they can see this is not a unique problem.
Same thing happened to my friend when he logged on this morning, everything from his stash and wizard GONE, but his dh was fine...lost all his gold....and he had some guy named "wat" on his friends list that he never added.
My situation is identical to everyone posting here, so I imagine the same thing is causing the issue for all of us.

I have not gotten a response to my ticket yet, but I added a link to this thread so maybe they can see this is not a unique problem.

There are a lot of people reporting account compromises, and it isn't unreasonable to assume that the hackers rushed to get as much as they could as early as possible (before countermeasures are developed).
I just logged this morning and discovered the same thing. Everything gone. Gold is at zero as well even though I had an item sold in the AH overnight.
Agh this has happened to me twice. Blizzard only takes 24 hours to deal with the problem. And I bought the game so I could wait around for 24 hours. Awesome.
Support stopped replying to my issue and the phone que is over an hour. :(

I'm glad (sorry) to see others experiencing this though. For anyone reading this thread please include whether or not there was an unknown person on your recent friends list.

This might be a key to solving the mystery. There could very well be an AH exploit that allows users to hijack your account data and then they are just moving your character to normal + using another account to take your gold then move onto the next victim.

It's pointless to try and think of how this might be possible but equally as pointless to prove that it cannot happen. I've seen worse bugs from larger products. In the end we're dealing with a NEW game and a lot of people. There's a decent chance a vulnerability exists.
@Phazedelta1 Ectos,Obsidian shards, sounds like you are playing guild wars.
Edited by Aske#1464 on 5/19/2012 8:42 AM PDT
@fremd

Nope just everyone i played with yesterday >.> i smell a blizz bug
*snip* There's a decent chance a vulnerability exists.

No there isn't.

If Blizzard's system had been compromised, they would be legally obligated to inform their customers as soon as they learned of the breach.

It sounds like the hackers hit hard and fast with the new release, and it seems like they've been quite successful. Get malware scanners. Clean your system out. Don't follow links to questionable sites. Get an authenticator.
Support stopped replying to my issue and the phone que is over an hour. :(

I'm glad (sorry) to see others experiencing this though. For anyone reading this thread please include whether or not there was an unknown person on your recent friends list.

This might be a key to solving the mystery. There could very well be an AH exploit that allows users to hijack your account data and then they are just moving your character to normal + using another account to take your gold then move onto the next victim.

It's pointless to try and think of how this might be possible but equally as pointless to prove that it cannot happen. I've seen worse bugs from larger products. In the end we're dealing with a NEW game and a lot of people. There's a decent chance a vulnerability exists.

Good call. I do see a recent player I don't know on my list:

Scottsdale
Last Played dfjkdkfkd
Level 1 Wizard

If b.net has the "Last Played" info all screwed up, it sounds like a server hack. No?
@Nerevarine,
Don't be silly, you're assuming I'm one of those people who have 85 processes running, download torrents all the time, click random links in e-mails and probably have 57 malware random pieces of malware running on my computer.

I'm not going to re-iterate the list I wrote earlier.

Just trust me, I'm not an idiot with computers. I have no malware and I don't visit questionable sites. I haven't used a torrent in over 3 years.
Edited by viscrom#1983 on 5/19/2012 8:50 AM PDT
How do I submit a ticket? My level 48 hardcore monk is now naked. It has to be a mess up on blizzard's part because they didn't take my gold and they didn't take my 3 best items.
@Nerevarine,
Don't be silly, you're assuming I'm one of those people who have 85 processes running, download torrents all the time, click random links in e-mails and probably have 57 malware random pieces of malware running on my computer.

I'm not going to re-iterate the list I wrote earlier.

Just trust me, I'm not an idiot with computers. I have no malware and I don't visit questionable sites. I haven't used a torrent in over 3 years.

I'm not assuming anything about your habits. I'm assuming that whatever security you have is not foolproof. And that's not an assumption, it's a fact.

Again, if Blizzard had been compromised, they would be required to inform all their customers as soon as it happened.
05/19/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Huntyadown
How do I submit a ticket? My level 48 hardcore monk is now naked. It has to be a mess up on blizzard's part because they didn't take my gold and they didn't take my 3 best items.

See the battle.net menu at the top of the page? Go to the support tab, and click "Your Support Tickets".

Also, don't assume you weren't compromised because it seems weird that items weren't taken. 100% of battle.net account compromises have been clientside.
Nerevarine#1724 Is trolling Just Ignore any post made by them...
Every Post Made in this thread Has been Negative Towards the player and Praise to Blizzard.

Trolling? Really?

Please point out where I've been trolling. Or really, just point out anywhere that I've provided bad information.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]