Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

@TJALEKS i have that same guy on my friends list.. anyone else have him?

You don't get compromised by people playing with you on Battle.net. You get compromised by a third party getting your login information through phishing or through malware/viruses.

Stop blaming Blizzard for your lack of security, and start taking responsibility for your account.

So after seeing a buddy on my list I've never seen, with the character name "ffffllll", accidently logging into their game and leaving for a friend, 5 minutes later someone logs on my account?

Yeah. Completely my bad.

You don't get compromised by people playing with you on Battle.net. You get compromised by a third party getting your login information through phishing or through malware/viruses.

Stop blaming Blizzard for your lack of security, and start taking responsibility for your account.

So after seeing a buddy on my list I've never seen, with the character name "ffffllll", accidently logging into their game and leaving for a friend, 5 minutes later someone logs on my account?

Yeah. Completely my bad.

Jesus. Christ.

Where did I ever say that you did something bad? Your only error here was in assuming that your security was foolproof. Bad assumption. Learn your lesson and move on.

Your account cannot be compromised in-game.

Yeah. Completely my bad.

Jesus. Christ.

Where did I ever say that you did something bad? Your only error here was in assuming that your security was foolproof. Bad assumption. Learn your lesson and move on.

You said it someone else, so I'm assuming you'd say it to everyone. And how can my account not be compromised in-game, if this only occured after some random showed up on my BL?

Jesus. Christ.

You said it someone else, so I'm assuming you'd say it to everyone. And how can my account not be compromised in-game, if this only occured after some random showed up on my BL?

The random friend being added indicates that your account was already compromised. The person in control of the account could have added their dummy account through another Battle.net game (like, I'll take a wild guess, Starcraft), while you were logged on to Diablo III. Once you log off, they log on and take your stuff.

They did not, however, get your information in-game.
Edited by Nerevarine#1724 on 5/19/2012 9:02 AM PDT
05/19/2012 08:59 AMPosted by MikeD
Nerevarine#1724 I have been reading your Post from other threads... You do nothing but Bash others and Praise Blizzard. you wont give any chance to the fact that Maybe, just Maybe Blizzard has a problem with anything!

Blizzard has many issues. I, for one, would like more snack breaks.

They do not, however, have a security issue on their servers. As I've mentioned I-don't-know-how-many-times, they are legally required to inform us if there's a security breach on their end. They haven't informed us. Therefore, there is no security breach.
It's not a random friend being added.

If you join a game with someone who isn't on your friend's list the game automatically puts that person in your recent's friend list (this is separate from actual friends).
Username: Pheeee Charactername: Phee
Username: Shelia Charactername: yaosi
These 2 people were level one and are on my recent players list. I only played in a closed game with my cousin. I have checked and these are not his.

If you join a game with someone who isn't on your friend's list the game automatically puts that person in your recent's friend list (this is separate from actual friends).

Well since there's no actual way for some random person to get anything from your account just by playing with you, that sounds completely unrelated (or they played with them before/after you logged on).

Unless you can think of a way that this would be possible, given the fact that login servers are kept completely separate from game servers, and without using RealID, no player can determine your e-mail, etc.
Edited by Nerevarine#1724 on 5/19/2012 9:08 AM PDT
What the email to the blizz support?
05/19/2012 09:08 AMPosted by pyton
What the email to the blizz support?

The best way to get in touch with them is through a Support Ticket (under the Support tab at the top of this page).

Well since there's no actual way for some random person to get anything from your account just by playing with you, that sounds completely unrelated (or they played with them before/after you logged on).

Unless you can think of a way that this would be possible, given the fact that login servers are kept completely separate from game servers, and without using RealID, no player can determine your e-mail, etc.

No, what we're saying is:

Someone is getting into our account somehow and then they are using a diff account to login with you to steal your gold/items.

This is the account that's getting added to your recent list automatically.

Why would there be 5+ pages already in a thread 3 hours old. Are all of us getting magically hacked at the same time? Come on...
The fact that the unknown person in my friends list states that the "Last Played" is "dfjkdkfkd" makes me believe it was a server breach, not hacked accounts. Why would the server be sending crap info?
Fact that they haven't said anything yet means nothing. Just like any other company, it may take them a week before they can confirm there was a breach. They are not going to announce it on a whim and create mass terror and bad press.

Not to mention the game is new and massively popular so I'd bet the security has flaws and all the hackers are extremely motivated.
when will people learn to use the authenticator?

No, what we're saying is:

Someone is getting into our account somehow and then they are using a diff account to login with you to steal your gold/items.

This is the account that's getting added to your recent list automatically.

Why would there be 5+ pages already in a thread 3 hours old. Are all of us getting magically hacked at the same time? Come on...

I'm saying that someone is getting into your account. The "somehow" is that you're compromised on your end. Not magic. Just a dedicated group of hackers.

As to how so many people are getting hacked at once? Just look at the number of people putting their e-mails out for public viewing to get guest passes. Then add the number of people who click on links to get easy gold/leveling in-game. Then add people who just have a random keylogger/other-malware on their computer. Not that crazy that so many people are getting hit at once.
Fact that they haven't said anything yet means nothing. Just like any other company, it may take them a week before they can confirm there was a breach. They are not going to announce it on a whim and create mass terror and bad press.

Not to mention the game is new and massively popular so I'd bet the security has flaws and all the hackers are extremely motivated.

Remember when PSN was breached? Remember how long it took for them to confirm the issue? I'll give you a hint: the answer is "A matter of hours."

If the servers had been breached, they'd know by now, and they'd have to say something.

The fact that the unknown person in my friends list states that the "Last Played" is "dfjkdkfkd" makes me believe it was a server breach, not hacked accounts. Why would the server be sending crap info?

All that indicates is that your account was compromised. Since 100% of compromises to date have been clientside, I'm going with it being on your end.
Agh this is ridiculous. I have been waiting for 3 hours. Not by the computer but for a damned response and nothing still. If the hacking is this bad, GET ON THE BALL!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]