Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

05/19/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Omirag
Agh this is ridiculous. I have been waiting for 3 hours. Not by the computer but for a damned response and nothing still. If the hacking is this bad, GET ON THE BALL!

It's not Blizzard's fault that you were compromised. Relax. Get a cup of tea. Secure your computer. Then compose a nice thank-you note for when they do restore your account (which most companies don't do).
I imagine if there really is a problem on Blizzard's end, that some database was corrupted. However, I'm not convinced this is the case yet, so we'll see.
I'm also not denying it could be a bug related to the server restart. But if it is I want my gold back. :(
I agree with Nerevarine 99,999999999999% users fault.
If someone with an autenticator, who is sure that he doesn't share it with anyone or anywere, come here to say that he's been hacked, at that point we can consider a bug or blizzard fault.
Until then, just regular scam/keylogger, well planned months in advance since they knew about the RMHA. It's even possibile that they get your account and password months ago, and just wait until now.
Edited by SirBigmark#2202 on 5/19/2012 9:21 AM PDT
05/19/2012 09:20 AMPosted by MageProto
lol as this is a linux box with d3 runing thru wine, you telling me i have a key logger, but my bank account remains uneffected????

When banks get hacked, the authorities get involved.

Guess how much they care about gaming accounts.
05/19/2012 09:20 AMPosted by MageProto
lol as this is a linux box with d3 runing thru wine, you telling me i have a key logger, but my bank account remains uneffected????

It's even possibile that they got your account and password months ago, and just wait until now.
Nerevarine you are very strange to me. Lurking in a forum.... dont you have some D3 to play. And if not I can only assume your are a disgruntled Blizzard employee venting some steam. if so get back to work.
05/19/2012 09:22 AMPosted by SirBigmark

It's even possibile that they got your account and password months ago, and just wait until now.

God I hope thats not true cause the last time I used my Blizzard account was 5 years ago. Talk about a sleeper...
05/19/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Omirag
Nerevarine you are very strange to me. Lurking in a forum.... dont you have some D3 to play. And if not I can only assume your are a disgruntled Blizzard employee venting some steam. if so get back to work.

Ironically, I'm at work right now, which is why I'm not playing.

But I never mind taking a few minutes out of my day to correct silly assertions and downright lies. You don't have to work for Blizzard to not enjoy seeing ignorance get spread around like a plague.
90 Orc Death Knight
Honestly the best thing to do is submit a ticket. You should get everrytihng lost back.
On another note, If the hacking in this game is soooo bad, they should require you to get an authenticator, not make it some tiny link at the bottom. I mean really this is obviously required if this many people get hacked.
05/19/2012 09:24 AMPosted by MageProto
dude you are so full of !@#$ as months ago i didnt have d3 and wasnt even in the beta and the last time i played sc2 or wow was about a year ago.... on guess what, a linux box running it thru wine......

First of all, Linux is not perfect.

Second, you don't have to have a keylogger to get compromised. Account info can be phished, it can be keylogged, there can be other malware programs that get it, etc.

Based on the sheer arrogance you seem to have regarding the security of any Linux system, I'm betting that there's something you've overlooked.
05/19/2012 09:24 AMPosted by MageProto
dude you are so full of !@#$ as months ago i didnt have d3 and wasnt even in the beta and the last time i played sc2 or wow was about a year ago.... on guess what, a linux box running it thru wine......

yea guess what, linux isn't malware free.
I'm going back playing, wish you good luck anyway.
Geez, you want my full list ok.

1. The e-mail I am using is safe / not compromised.
2. My passwords are written with pen and paper.
3. No one has physical access to my computer unless they break into my house.
4. I do not use any cloud services to hold any data.
5. I do not have a facebook or twitter account, etc. I've put my real life name on like 3 web sites total.
6. I've been a software developer for over 10 years.
7. I've had 1 virus on my computer in the life time of my computer usage.
8. I don't use torrents and goto questionable sites.
9. No one uses my computer except me.
10. I've played tons of free to play games and never got hacked once while using a spam e-mail account + the same password for all of them (not the same as my bnet account).
11. My computer is crystal clean in terms of junk on it.
12. I started my characters in hardcore for my first play through. I don't want to take the easy way out and try to cheat / do retarded stuff. I want to enjoy the game fully and have it be challenging (READ: I'm not certainly not Googling around for hacks or any other bs).
13. No one knows my password except me.
14. My paypal has the correct balance.
15. My poker account has the correct balance.

So what you're telling me is my computer along with 20+ other people were compromised in the last few hours, lol ok. There's absolutely no way someone got my info from my computer or myself. I can say this for sure.
Ignorance would be a company that knows they have a product that will be hacked and not doing more to secure their customers. If this is such an obvious issue to you then the company should have paid more mind and made sure their customers took all necessary steps to be secure and safe in the online environment they made. The only ignorance is feigning that this is the customers fault for thinking a company had done all it could to secure it's customers. If having the authenticator is the only way to not be "ignorant" in your eyes, then I am dumbfounded by how the company that has created this game has not made it terribly obvious that it is required to have it. I was informed about the authenticator after I was hacked, and then had to find the tiny link on their page that let me activate it. That is gross negligence on blizzards fault and not mine to be frank.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]