Diablo® III

I Lost All My Money and Items?

Has anyone that had this happen to them gotten a response and or gotten their character re-established?
Is your wifes name Jessica...
I've gotten 3 responses, all of which are copy/pasted support responses. They are forcing me to either rollback to an unknown state (the last time THEIR restoration point was saved for MY character) or deal with the loss.

They will not say if it's a bug/exploit. I haven't gotten a reply in a few hours.
Edited by viscrom#1983 on 5/19/2012 10:13 AM PDT
happend to me too do i have to report to blizzard to get my items back or they gonna do it byt them self??
I have changed my password and added a battle.net authenticator, but I'd like some confirmation from Blizz about what happened and how to fix it. My ticket is over 4 hours old now and I've gotten no response.
another victim here. first time a game of mine has been hacked.

:\
So you got married in December, graduated from Silver Springs, attended Sierra College in Rocklin, and are with the U.S Navy? Your parents still live in Turlock or they in Grass Valley? You like horses? Is that the person I'm talking to now? Because if it is, all of that security and amazing 133t linux box you have doesn't hide it all if someone is looking...

I mean, I could be wrong. In that case then congratulations on the marriage and have a nice day, hope you get your sweet lewts back. Nothing to see here.
Probably looked int omy account and said "LOL this guy is poor move to the next!" and left me alone!

So you got married in December, graduated from Silver Springs, attended Sierra College in Rocklin, and are with the U.S Navy? Your parents still live in Turlock or they in Grass Valley? You like horses? Is that the person I'm talking to now? Because if it is, all of that security and amazing 133t linux box you have doesn't hide it all if someone is looking...

I mean, I could be wrong. In that case then congratulations on the marriage and have a nice day, hope you get your sweet lewts back. Nothing to see here.

The google is strong in this one.
Edited by ODurren#1683 on 5/19/2012 10:42 AM PDT
Do they restore a character or everything on an account? Would it be a waste of my time to play a different character before the restore?

Also, how long does the process usually take from submitting the ticket?
05/19/2012 10:41 AMPosted by ODurren
The google is strong in this one.

The powa of boredom at work and the Googles fuse into some interesting threads, that's for sure.

But point is, if I can get that off of Google alone from a work station PC... if you have been on the interwebs, you aren't invincible to phishing, hacks, etc. It could be a bug with Blizzard, but don't say that you are invulnerable to account hack.
I've gotten 3 responses, all of which are copy/pasted support responses. They are forcing me to either rollback to an unknown state (the last time THEIR restoration point was saved for MY character) or deal with the loss.

They will not say if it's a bug/exploit. I haven't gotten a reply in a few hours.

I imagine they wouldn't say it's a bug/exploit because it's an account compromise.

So what you're telling me is my computer along with 20+ other people were compromised in the last few hours, lol ok. There's absolutely no way someone got my info from my computer or myself. I can say this for sure.

Awhile ago there was a vulnerability in flash. Lots of people who were extremely safe and would never get hacked got hacked just because a website on world of raids (a legitimate site for WoW) got a vulnerability in their flash that let hackers get into the visitor's WoW accounts. These were people running all different kinds of OS's and all kinds of security programs. Don't say it's impossible that you got hacked.

The only way to completely hack proof yourself is to get an authenticator.
Edited by Aleros#1617 on 5/19/2012 10:56 AM PDT

So what you're telling me is my computer along with 20+ other people were compromised in the last few hours, lol ok. There's absolutely no way someone got my info from my computer or myself. I can say this for sure.

Awhile ago there was a vulnerability in flash. Lots of people who were extremely safe and would never get hacked got hacked just because a website on world of raids (a legitimate site for WoW) got a vulnerability in their flash that let hackers get into the visitor's WoW accounts. These were people running all different kinds of OS's and all kinds of security programs. Don't say it's impossible that you got hacked.

This. This. A thousand times this.
From what I gathered the restoration works like this:

Blizzard periodically saves your character at a certain point. Then if something bad happens and you request a rollback you get sent to that state.

The problem is, it won't just be 10 seconds before the problem. It might be 3 days before the problem, 8 hours or whenever blizzard decided to create this restoration point.

So there's a very good chance you will lose data. It's basically the worst solution possible for diablo because losing items is the worst.

EDIT UPDATE:
My friend was on when someone was using my account and told me that when he noticed someone logged into my account but I wasn't responding he joined the game. As soon as my friend joined the game the person on my account disconnected.

This could explain why only my gold was taken and not my items.
Edited by viscrom#1983 on 5/19/2012 10:55 AM PDT
From what I gathered the restoration works like this:

Blizzard periodically saves your character at a certain point. Then if something bad happens and you request a rollback you get sent to that state.

The problem is, it won't just be 10 seconds before the problem. It might be 3 days before the problem, 8 hours or whenever blizzard decided to create this restoration point.

So there's a very good chance you will lose data. It's basically the worst solution possible for diablo because losing items is the worst.

EDIT UPDATE:
My friend was on when someone was using my account and told me that when he noticed someone logged into my account but I wasn't responding he joined the game. As soon as my friend joined the game the person on my account disconnected.

This could explain why only my gold was taken and not my items.

Please stop referring to it as a "problem" as if there was some glitch in the system.

You now have concrete proof that your account was compromised. This is a problem, but it's your problem.
No matter what OS you are running, no matter what anti virus or anti spyware, they are not hack proof. Anti virus and anti spyware are designed for known threats. If a threat is new and unknown it can compromise your account really fast and probably did. Get an authenticator. Seriously. It's $6.50 off the Blizzard store or free if you have a smart phone and will save you a lot of headaches.
I knew someone logged into my account on my first post in this thread. Guess what, over 30 people have had the same thing happened to them over night.

The only difference between my problem and their problem (for most people) was they had items removed in addition to gold. My account is only missing gold.

The update from my friend makes me believe that I would have lost some items if he wasn't online at the time.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]