Diablo® III

I lost all my money and items? Ver 2

Other topic reached its limit so lets keep things going with news regarding this issue, remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil first!
the old one got deleted?
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7718/suspicioushacker.png

solid evidence.
Friends are now helping me back.

I swear to Blizzard. Help us ban people like this, or anything. D:
No it apparentely reached it's limit ?
Does that typically happen ?
zheng
the old one got deleted?

Old ones still there, don't think it gets deleted.
With all the evidence we've gathered, I think it's safe to say the event was a very well coordinated attack by hackers.
Unless, by pure coincidence, a bug has just appeared, at the same time.
That's wonderful. Old thread reaches limit and the only blue responses were "oh yeah maybe if you had an authenticator this whole thing wouldn't have happened" Oh and who could forget such classics as "maybe you are in the wrong region"
are they really seriously saying that? your in the wrong region???

i scanned and found no malware with full scan from microsoft security essentials and malwareantimalware, i did everything i can on my end, got the authenticator after the problem also, filed my ticket 7 hours ago 20minutes later a reply came asking me to reply for the rollback, i replied and no response since then, for christsake we had over 20 pages of people having the exact same problem right after the 5am ah update and PEOPLE ARE TELLING US YOU LOGGED ON THE WRONG REGION??? wtf is wrong with you
are they really seriously saying that? your in the wrong region???

i scanned and found no malware with full scan from microsoft security essentials and malwareantimalware, i did everything i can on my end, got the authenticator after the problem also, filed my ticket 7 hours ago 20minutes later a reply came asking me to reply for the rollback, i replied and no response since then, for christsake we had over 20 pages of people having the exact same problem right after the 5am ah update and PEOPLE ARE TELLING US YOU LOGGED ON THE WRONG REGION??? wtf is wrong with you

05/19/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Bashiok
If your characters are missing, please double check what region you're logging in to by clicking on Options and checking under the Account section before logging in. There is a bug that may change what region you're defaulted to, and thus it may appears your characters are missing when in fact they're on a different region.

Just a blue post totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.
just happened with me

ticket opened, going to sleep
i understand d3 is a f2p game where customer service isn't valued like in p2p games like wow, and i understand the people on the otherside are prabably working hard to answer our replies, but if they try to write this off as "you got hacked and so did the other 22 pages of people all got hacked, all at the similar time" get a authenticator and log on the right region then something is wrong
I sent in a ticket to see if I could get my things back. After about 20 mins I got a message saying to respond again if I wanted to reboot my character back to a previous state. I sent a message confirming that about 5 minutes later, and now, ~7 hours later, I haven't got a response (nor a reroll).

Is anything happening with this, Blizzard? I would really like some updated information. Anything that's not a stock answer for me to get an authenticator or make sure I'm in the correct region.
I got this reply from blizzard on my ticket

Hi there!

Thanks for contacting us!

It appears that additional tickets were submitted on this very topic. Another Game Master has recieved one of the other issues and will be addressing it as soon as possible. The Game Master will be in contact with you shortly. If you do not get an in-game whisper, make sure to check your e-mail or the My Support Site for their response.

May all your adventures be epic.

Game Master Alxemies
Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
I talked to a CSR. Make a brand new ticket saying you are aware that it's a limited restore or whatever, a BRAND NEW ONE and you'll be helped shortly
Well it's been over 12 hours for me. They never even told me what exactly happened. All the ticket response said was "DO you want us to restore?". After being on hold for 84 minutes all the guy said was "you are queued for restoration". I asked when will they restore it to. The guy just said "Before it was compromised". Yes well will they be restoring it to before my stuff was taken or at some unknown time that someone gained access to my account. My wizard is 52 and if I got rolled back 2 days he would be around 35 or so and that would be very maddening.

Then the reply it warns you about how you will be penalized for restoring and only have 2. And will be banned from the rmah if you get two. Meanwhile I I have completed every security scan I can find and changed all my passwords from other computers. All came up clean. Well this happened to so many people, noone of us should be penalized for that. It's an obvious loophole or bug in their system.

Personally I think that we should be priority in getting our accounts back at least close to where we were and if not compensated fully for whatever we remember we had. Throw in a bonus for losing a day worth of able game time.

Now I'm just left hanging with unknown results. Everything could go well or I could get set back 20 levels. Maybe nothing is being done at all. At least tell us what's going on and don't use these damn auto reply.
To clarify, I went from 55 back to 52, a loss of about ~5 hours of straight playing; the last character save seemed to be at around ~8pm est yesterday
if making a new ticket gets you a response right away then maybe its the right way to go right now, but the main problem is is it fixed??? whats to stop then from now when your level 55 again after youve rolled back to 52 and they take all your stuff again

also i am level 58, i don't even want to think about how far i am gonna get rolled back, and someone on the last thread said they got rolled for like 10 levels from 52 to 40 something
Edited by zheng1234#1781 on 5/19/2012 9:43 PM PDT
anyways lost motivation for playing
I submitted my ticket hours ago and haven't gotten any response. Also, in my ticket, I quoted the gold amount I was left with at "432" ... without ANY gameplay, after a password upgrade and adding authentication to my account, I now have 837 gold on the same character, which has remained unplayed all day. WTF Blizzard.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]