Diablo® III

Malthael, Archangel of Wisdom

Also Imperius could join him?
Reply Quote
I bet the expansion would take place in Pandemonium, fighting Malthael, the former Archangel of Wisdom, since now Tyrael has become the new Archangel of Wisidom. Prolly mebbe will fight Imperius as well.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents ;)
Reply Quote
I believe Inarius is playing a huge role in the scheme of things as well. I mean hes the brother of tyrael and tyrael is really the only fuzzy n cuddly angel we all know and love. It would make a great parallel/contrast
Edited by JPMT214#1117 on 5/26/2012 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't know why but I suddenly get the suspicion that Covetous Shen is actually Malthael after getting his wings ripped off. But of course, the idea sounds really stupid.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, thanks for all the help! Here's the final:
http://cghub.com/images/view/242092/

Xenedus was right about the army so I changed them back to demons. I also worked in some Egyptian motifs because that's how Malthael feels to me.

Scorch, I am using Photoshop.

CamperWen, that would be hilarious! Have you noticed Covetous Shen sounds like Mr. Ping?
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 10:10 PMPosted by JPMT214
I believe Inarius is playing a huge role in the scheme of things as well. I mean hes the brother of tyrael and tyrael is really the only fuzzy n cuddly angel we all know and love. It would make a great parallel/contrast

It can't be Inarius. Remember Auriel in one of the books you find in Heaven states that he was cast out by Heaven after running away with Lilith and creating Sanctuary, and he now spends eternity being brutally tortured in Hell.
Reply Quote
But now hell doesn't have its lords. All Prime Evels, and not only them, are banished/destroyed. Somehow he can break his chains and start to unleash his rage on exhausted Angiris counsil(Malthael is gone/dead, Tyrael become mortal, Imperius lost Solarion / dead) and all the humanity.
Reply Quote
Exactly what I was thinking as it fits with the "end of days" prophecy which says something along the lines of "Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all Fate lies shattered forever".
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I like the art...but...doesn't it feel waaaaay too similar to the armor Loki wears in the Marvel movies?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
05/31/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Jonathan
CamperWen, that would be hilarious! Have you noticed Covetous Shen sounds like Mr. Ping?

He is Mr. Ping. No, seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hong

Man is one amazing voice actor. His most memorable role will always be Cheng the Eyeball salesman in "Bladerunner".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thats amazing
Reply Quote
Imerious and Adria should be on His side aswell.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Awesome idea, effort and artwork + 1
Reply Quote
I noticed during the end cutscene that Diablo disintigrates and leaves behind what looks like the black soulstone. It's possible that Maelthal attempts to release the Lords of Hell from it as a means to maintain an opposition to the High Heavens.

'Course, doing so just might cause Tathamet to be released instead.
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
I half hope they don't turn Imperius into a villain. Even though he succumbed to wrath, he still is the Archangel of Valor and defender of the High Heavens. Hopefully seeing Tyrael and the heroes were right will soften him up a bit.

I REALLY hope Malthael doesn't return as a villain either. Malthael is absolutely awesome from everything I've seen, a total bad-a$$ with his sickles, black and brown robes, and violet archangel wings.
Edited by Doncroft#1375 on 6/20/2012 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Plot of expansion which will be only one act is Mally the fallen angel gets butthurt because his seat's been jacekd by Tyrael.

He jams the soulstone in his forehead.

New archangel prime evil boss villain gone mad.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Radlawnmower
I really wish they would bring the four horsemen into the Diablo lore. I could definitely see Malthael convincing Imperius to discharge his role of valor and becoming one of the first two horsemen.

Two bucks says Imperius becomes war OR conquest.
Edited by Archangel#1104 on 6/21/2012 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Definitely betting on Malthael becoming the Archangel of Death. ....
In fact, I'm betting that Malthael will not only come back as Archangel of Death, he will take out Itherael, leaving Fate shattered for ever.

If he starts calling himself Deathwing, I'm going to set fire to my game discs and then throw them into the lake.

Same. Blizzard already plargarized too many things off their own games in many people's opinons (including my own, somewhat).
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 01:49 PMPosted by CamperWen
I don't know why but I suddenly get the suspicion that Covetous Shen is actually Malthael after getting his wings ripped off. But of course, the idea sounds really stupid.

I highly doubt that. Does Shen sound like the Archangel of Wisdom to you? I doubt that. He would rather be more like Belial.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]