Diablo® III

No Stone Unturned and Book/Lore Achievements

As I said in another thread, I was about to make a new one posting those achievements mentioned in the title in order (to some degree), to help people find this stuff and for easier reference (this way, people doesn't need to reply the places again in every page, just refer to it here.)

No Stone Unturned

Those are all locations, and here they are, in the order they appear in the achievement:

1 - Lost Mine - Fields of Misery
2 - Scavernger's Den - Fields of Misery
3 - Cave of the Moon Clan - Southern Highlands
4 - Highlands Cave - Leoric's Hunting Grounds
5 - Den of the Fallen - Weeping Hollow
6 - The Lyceum - Southern Highlands
7 - The Cave Under the Well - Old Tristram Road
8 - Watch Tower - Northern Highlands
9 - Decaying Crypt - Fields of Misery
10 - House of Curios - Fields of Misery
11 - Abandoned Servant House - Southern Highlands (Sometimes it spawns closed.)
12 - Musty/Dank/Damp/Dark Cellars - Old Tristram Road
13 - Mass Grave - Old Tristram Road (On the way to the Cathedral, there is a tree with corpses hanging, it is not always "open".)
14 - Farmer's Cellar - Fields of Misery (In a quite hilarious event.)
15 - Tinker's Hovel/Pillaged Home - Fields of Misery

Now for the books.

A Quick Study

Again, in the order they appear in the achievements.

1 - Adria's Journal - Below Adria's Hut
2 - Lachdanan's Scroll, Part 1 through 5 - Cathedral
3 - Leah's Journal, Part 1 through 9 - Inside her room, in the Slaughtered Calf Inn (Just go into it after each major quest.)
4 - Leoric's Journal 1 and 2 - The Royal Crypts (They don't always spawn.)
5 - Leoric's Journal 3 to 5 - Halls of Agony
6 - Farmer's Journal - Fields of Misery (The same place where Tinker's Hovel/Pillaged Home spawn, but there will only be a bag there.)
7 - Scabbard of Talic the Defender - Watch Tower lvl 2 (It only spawns if there is an event in there.)
8 - Deckard Cain's Journal 1 and 2 - Inside his house, besides the Inn. (Go in there once when you get Leah, and when you retrieve him, go again.)
9 - Adenah's Jottings - House of Curios
10 - Hermit's Ravings - Caverns of Araneae
11 - A Prisoner's Journal - Halls of Agony lvl 2 (An rare event, just before you venture to Highlands Passage, near a pit.)
12 - Queen Asylla's Journal - The Torture Chambers of the Mad King (In her cell.)
13 - Scoundrel's Journal - Fields of Misery (In a bag, in the trail to The Old Mill.)
14 - Kingsport Bill - Talking to the Scoundrel
15 - The Skeleton King - Kill him
16 - Wandering Tinker's Diary - Inside Tinker's Hovel
17 - Notes of Urik the Seer 1 to 3 - Cave of the Moon Clan (Repeat the zone if need be, to find all three.)
18 - Priest's Contemplations 1 and 2 - Wortham (Just as you arrive in it, take the road below and there will be a bag with it. Finish the quest, take the new one, go there again and the second part will be there.)
19 - Mira's Letter to Haedrigg - Inside a box, by his side
19 - Cain's Old Journal 1 and 2 - Old Tristram Road
20 - Gillian's Diary 1 and 2 - Old Tristram Road
21 - Lost Journal/Old Diary/Despina's Journal - Old Tristram Road

Historian of Tristram

1 - The Hanging Tree - Weeping Hollow
2 - Gravedigger's Log - Cemetery of the Forsaken
3 - Tristram Fields - Fields of Misery (Near the entrance, but not that near.)
4 - Khazra Heads Wanted/Researching the Khazra/The Khazra Massacre - Southern Highlands and the next area
5 - The Highlands - Southern Highlands, inside a box.
6 - Torn Letter/Torn Letter's Response - Caverns of Araneae (Sometimes the cavern doesn't spawn enough bodies for both. Re-run it.)
7 - New Tristram - Inside the Inn, by the entrance
8 - Traveller's Journal/Warriv's Journal - Old Tristram Road
9 - Tomb Robber's Journal - Crypt of the Ancients (One of two tombs in Festering Woods.)
10 - The Last Stand of the Ancients - Festering Woods (After completing the event with the same name.)
11 - The Drowned Temple - The Drowned Temple (Yes, it's in the area.)
12 - Warrior's Rest - Warrior's Rest (One of two tombs in Festering Woods.)
13 - Old Tristram Journal - Old Tristram Road

Taking Notes

1 - Report from Wortham - Northern Highlands (In a courtyard before taking the stairs to Leoric's Hunting Ground, doesn't spawn often.)
2 - Command/Replay from Grand Cultist Inquisitor - Halls of Agony
3 - A Page from Lazarus's Grimoire - Halls of Agony 3 (Watch the Beheading of Queen Asylla and the spirits will drop it when they vanish.)
4 - Orders from Maghda - Leoric's Manor, after killing the first wave of cultists.
5 - Villager's Journal - The Old Ruins, inside a keepsake box. Get the quest "explore the cellar" for quick access to the ruins.
6 - A Summoner's Journal - Northern Highlands or Leoric's Hunting Grounds (always to the right of the map, going down a flight of stone stais.)

With this, Act I is concluded. Beastmaster of Tristram is not included because all you need to do is kill the mentioned monsters. (If some don't register, do a new run with another character and they will.)

This is meant for easy access of this knowledge, so point people asking in different pages to this post in an effort to counter discussion about already found things.

@Hitlord, feel free to edit this image into your first post so people looking for things have an idea of were to be searching.

Medium: http://s10.postimage.org/wc58rg3yx/Act1_Map.jpg

Large: http://postimage.org/image/4osjdcis5/full/

A very good edit, credits go to the guy quoted.

------

Act 1 is gift wrapped now.
Edited by Hitlord#1434 on 6/19/2012 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
For "A Quick Study" You are missing Gillian's Diary, parts 1 and 2.
Reply Quote
bump for being awesome.
Reply Quote
Hi Hitlord

Just wanted to give my regards for this guide and checklist. Extremely helpful. You have my praise!
Reply Quote
Bookmarked, exactly what I was looking for about an hour ago and couldn't find. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Is there a world map in game? If so, I can't find it. It would be much more helpful in finding these places, because I can't remember where all the zones are.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Re: Lazarus' Grimoire.

In the prison area, after clearing the event but before heading to Halls of Agony 3, there is an event with Leoric, Lazarus, and Queen Asylla in a guillotine. Watching the whole event and standing around for a bit will spawn the book.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Deathsmilez
For "A Quick Study" You are missing Gillian's Diary, parts 1 and 2.

Added.

Re: Lazarus' Grimoire.

In the prison area, after clearing the event but before heading to Halls of Agony 3, there is an event with Leoric, Lazarus, and Queen Asylla in a guillotine. Watching the whole event and standing around for a bit will spawn the book.

Fixed.

Thank you both. Still missing two that I didn't recall.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Gonna go comb Act 1 again, I'll see if I can find either of them.
Reply Quote
Highlands Cave Location

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9UNHHyS8OE

Den of the Fallen Location

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMyBUbUE-AM
Edited by Barracius#1544 on 5/20/2012 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I made one of these for Act II, if it helps anyone.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619068

Still looking for a couple zones and books there and there's even less info out there for Act's II+ than Act I. At least we're only still looking for one zone and one book here.
Reply Quote
I made one of these for Act II, if it helps anyone.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619068

Still looking for a couple zones and books there and there's even less info out there for Act's II+ than Act I. At least we're only still looking for one zone and one book here.

Oh it does. Act 3 and 4 versions would be very welcome = D
Reply Quote
Has anyone found the Lyceum? I have a thought, I think it may be in the Highlands Passage, between Halls Of Agony Lvl 2 and 3, I made a few runs there and I found that the kind of monsters there change.
Reply Quote
I have a support ticket to do with the journal and lyceum, hopefully I'll get a response.

Thus far, nobody has, just hearsay, and people in Beta. In Beta it spawned in the southern highlands. Now it seems that that exact building people have seen in that screenshot doesn't spawn there, closest is the summoning event, but even that doesn't seem quite right iirc.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Farmer's Journal can also spawn off a corpse in the vicinity listed.
Reply Quote
I'd be awesome to add more specific details, such as where in the area to look out for the feature of interest. And how to tell quickly that it didn't spawn and that you should just restart.

I spent quite a bit of time on the Hanging Tree because I thought the skeleton that comes out of the grave at the bottom of the tree had a small chance of dropping the book. But as it turns out, when the event triggers, the tree will be surrounded by 4 additional coffins.

Btw, I have been using a Demon Hunter with Vault, Preparation and Tactical Advantage. When I get to higher levels, I'd add Invigoration for Preparation at level 19, Tumble for Vault at 33. Add Hot Pursuit and Perfectionist when possible.

Is there any other class or skill combo that is faster for exploring?
Reply Quote
Does Gravelogger's Log actually exist? I have been to the Cemetary of the Fallen a hundred times, but nothing! The skeleton doesn't even give me gold anymore!
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Caleb
Is there any other class or skill combo that is faster for exploring?

Monk is probably faster, but I'm yet to confirm this. As far as I've played, DH is the better till now.

05/21/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Mindathrak
Does Gravelogger's Log actually exist? I have been to the Cemetary of the Fallen a hundred times, but nothing! The skeleton doesn't even give me gold anymore!

Gravedigger's. And if his skeleton isn't spawning it anymore, it is very possible that this bugged on the character you are trying. Rush another toon to his corpse and try again. I had to do this with many of my books/monsters.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Gravediggers Journal I just got in the Cemetery of the forsaken off a Skelly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]