Diablo® III

Hacked with an authenticator

(Locked)

Hi all,

Just got hacked with an authenticator. Blizz told me they haven't detected any suspicious activity. All my items and gold are gone. Diablo = 0/10.
I think that's been happening to some people. Some sort of server issue.
Got any siblings?
Ouch, that really sucks.
I was hacked as well. I am not asking for a handout, just for Blizzard to fix what happened. I spoke with customer service on the phone and they said "we can do nothing, you have to contact a GM via the website" The GM that responded to me on my support ticket gave me a canned cut and paste, followed by a thank you for playing WoW. I am furious right now!

MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS WERE COMPROMISED!

This is what happened to me.

I was playing and got booted with the error message that someone else had accessed my account. I immediately reset my password which only took a few moments. I logged back in and in two minutes all my stuff/gold was gone.

The hacker's is luckllezz (George Melchers) the guy added me as a friend before I logged back in. I joined his game and watched as they cleaned out 30+ players, one after another. I reported all this to Biizzard with little to no response, now I have a level 57 worthless and not able to progress. Couple this with the server issues that happened earlier, my Diablo 3 experience is going peachy!

Where are you Blizz? A faithful fan, and paying customer needs your help!

Blizzard just gave me a response.... another cut and paste....

Greetings,

My apologies but we were unable to determine any explotative access on your account. No restorations are going to be provided. Take care.

Warm Regards,
Game Master Junadier
Blizzard Entertainment
www.worldofwarcraft.com

THIS IS A JOKE! I am so pissed words cannot explain!
I logged in as well with nothing on my main. I suppose my level 6 alt wasn't worth the trouble.

If we're talking authenticator users getting hacked, something big and bad is happening.
05/20/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Soulstomper
Weak passwords are weak. An authenticator is an additional but not undefeatable security measure.

He has an authenticator.... can you people not read?
Hi all,

Just got hacked with an authenticator. Blizz told me they haven't detected any suspicious activity. All my items and gold are gone. Diablo = 0/10.

Wow. Sad to hear that. But at least it will shut up everyone that were saying that it was the players fault for not having an authenticator
0/10 troll

Wow. Sad to hear that. But at least it will shut up everyone that were saying that it was the players fault for not having an authenticator

He didn't have an authenticator.
Edited by Aleros#1617 on 5/20/2012 2:11 PM PDT
05/20/2012 02:09 PMPosted by iMax
Weak passwords are weak. An authenticator is an additional but not undefeatable security measure.

He has an authenticator.... can you people not read?

I can. Can you comprehend that I was stating that an authenticator can be defeated?
You should post this in the tech support forum. It's really important that your post remains visible.
For everyone saying he is just trolling, go check the tech support forums. This seems like a common problem after last night and yes various other people have been reporting the use of authenticators as well.
05/20/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Prevail
Nope, you don't have an auth. Nice try.

10 bucks says he has "Don't authenticate everytime" enabled in his account settings.
05/20/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Prevail
Nope, you don't have an auth. Nice try.

What's up with you people coming with these replies when you obviously have no idea what's going on.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]