Diablo® III

Hacked with an authenticator

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Hunter
These gold selling sites and other plishing sites have 1000's of accounts they have gotten into and store them for future use...just cause you were not hacked till now doesn't mean D3 caused it....if you had a bnet account for WoW...Starcraft before and never kept a clean system till now your the one at fault not blizzard.

And since blizzard changed it on your bnet almost a year ago to force yourself to input the auth code each and every time you should be doing that now.

The authenticator is your best friend.....$6.50 for keyfob one...free app for smart phones....and there is the free call in by phone authenticator you can use now too....so why risk it ...just for the mere fact of having to input a few numbers ...does it really slow you down that much to log in...I think not....your just too lazy to keep your system clean and use a authenticator...
- Technical Support
View profile
For those saying they have an Authenticator

-some are lying and have been called out (no corehound pet)
-some are using the Dial in which is NOT as secure
-some have it set to only ask once a week OR if a new location log in is detected.

I suspect the new location login IP tracking is broken or not being applied to D3.

If you have it set to ask every time you should be fine.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 5/20/2012 9:12 PM PDT
*Watches the fanboys come out of the closet* (no pun intended)...

If you get an account hacked on any Blizzard game, it's all your fault. Shame on you for posting this topic and trying to let people be aware of what's going on.
http://lorehound.com/news/world-of-warcraft-authenticator-hacked/

Authenticators are not hack proof. Read the article, it's still more then likely on your end.
Its probably all SQL based to monitor who and what account has what. Though that would be a sea of logs. Ideally they would need to trace allot of transactions between either a scape goat account or not. Remember though, it is merely a matter of time until these hackers, are caught.
And Lo, the trolls come a marching in. Dont feed the trolls folks.
I haven't been hacked. I have an authenticator on my Ipod touch. I don't even own a cell phone.

When I was playing WoW and would log into blizzard's site I would have to authenticate every time to log into the site. Every time I log into D3 I have to authenticate.

Today though I logged into D3 and was playing for a while. Decided to check the forums and wasn't logged into the blizzard site. When I clicked log in it DID NOT ask me to authenticate. Didn't even ask for my password or account name. It just logged me in.

I never trusted authenticators but I will use one just in case. Not asking for my credentials to log in because I was logged into D3 already is WRONG. Regardless of the situation I better have to put that number every time I log in to the website.
- Technical Support
View profile
I haven't been hacked. I have an authenticator on my Ipod touch. I don't even own a cell phone.

When I was playing WoW and would log into blizzard's site I would have to authenticate every time to log into the site. Every time I log into D3 I have to authenticate.

Today though I logged into D3 and was playing for a while. Decided to check the forums and wasn't logged into the blizzard site. When I clicked log in it DID NOT ask me to authenticate. Didn't even ask for my password or account name. It just logged me in.

I never trusted authenticators but I will use one just in case. Not asking for my credentials to log in because I was logged into D3 already is WRONG. Regardless of the situation I better have to put that number every time I log in to the website.

You are fueling my tin foil hat theory! Good info.
Korvis: You could be simply saving your credentials to cache on your remember me at all times part, i never click remember me on any website nor save my password.
This has been posted in a few of the threads, but hey I think we need more conspiracy theories:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271598772?page=1#0
I don't have an auth and I've never been hacked.

Aye, don't go to questionable sites. Don't buy gold. :P

Edit: I know, Captain Hindsight, right? ddduuurrrrp
Edited by Tennekes#1426 on 5/20/2012 9:29 PM PDT
hey Vorticity, how do you know you havent been hacked? Most people dont until the issue is staring them in the face.
LOL!...
just LoL... for all those haters ...
thats why diablo whas ofline today

but its logic...
while i whas 12 i also thinked i knew everything about the world
well you will see that that is an illusion... later when you older.
Edited by Desparado#2414 on 5/20/2012 9:54 PM PDT
I try not to save my caches for passwords. Granted I may have clicked it on this site or others but just now I logged out and back in without closing my browser or refreshing. This page is the only thing I have open.

If that doesn't show that I have a cache then is there a way to look it up or delete them all? Using firefox.

Years ago I got hacked on FFXI losing my redmage with over 365 days of playtime. That has made me paranoid enough that all I can do is read the forums and I am to afraid to log in.

Even took a picture of my friend's list with my digital camera and the date/time next to it. Would use today's newspaper for the date but I don't get it anymore.
how did someone hack you when the auth just in your hand?
Found where I could look up the saved passwords. Had yahoo, facebook, and my router onlyon it. Deleted them just now.
If you were not forced to play online and have your character stored on their servers this wouldn't be a problem.

Just saying.

People are not responsible for faulty design.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]